thefousteph
+8|6772
When i saw this News, i just thought:

I Never saw a single ad in game AND Does EA give up with it or it just didn't worked??

I saw a couples of pic in this forum but are they real?

Nonetheless, i think it's a big win for the community!!

Players say no, EA give up!!!

That's a good thing i guess!
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6698|Devil's Perch
The only confirmed actual ads so far are those for the "Intel Core2 Duo", AFAIK that is.

While they might give up on ingame ads for 2142 (though I wouldn't bet on it and the reason seems more to be the rapidly disappearing user base than the lack of interested companies), they will not give up the idea itself. From what one reads, they're very successful with ads in other games, like NFS.
Proud member of a dead community.
thefousteph
+8|6772
Yeah, your right!

IMO, In Game ad isn't that bad, it makes the game looks and feels more 'real'!
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6583|Sammamish, WA
I dunno but I was starting to think that might have happened...maybe nobody was up for it.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6534|N. Ireland
ER* is also advertised.
Deader
+7|6833|TN, USA
It's EA's way of trying to get people to not block the ad content by displaying something players might actually be interested in seeing (Player created content) along side ads. They are trying to give you a warm fuzzy about having ads in your face by acting like they are supporting the player base while at the same time never giving sites like this one access to the stats feeds that draw players to them. At the same time charging us for the privilege of advertising to us.
Warstarz
+11|6473
I saw an ad for Future Weapons from Discovery channel earlier today. it was on Suez by the silo across from 1 all the way in back (3 or 4 i think). There's some open space and a billboard right smack in the middle.
viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6683|Minnesota
I thought i read that players of 2142 can submit homemade ads for the ingame billboards.   Like a contest.
Volatile
+252|6746|Sextupling in Empire

viper313 wrote:

I thought i read that players of 2142 can submit homemade ads for the ingame billboards.   Like a contest.
Did you read the title of this thread?
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6578|Chicago
There has also been an ad for Discovery Channel's "Weapons of the Future" program, or something along those lines.
unholypoo
unholy what?
+10|6423
The contest was in the news ticker in the game menu.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6447|NSW, Australia

every time i look at the title i think, pee in 2142
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6697|UK
ive seen some happy new year ones for the year 2143 in berlin, how did they do this without a patch, or i take it they dont need to makle a patch for new ads?? DOH!
thefousteph
+8|6772

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

ive seen some happy new year ones for the year 2143 in berlin, how did they do this without a patch, or i take it they dont need to makle a patch for new ads?? DOH!
They probably use theyr ad system to feed the game with it
Bernadictus
+1,055|6778

- Intel Core 2 Duo
- Discovery Channel : FUTUREWEAPONS
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6587
They probably didn't sell as much ad space as they intended. Or people complained about it enough.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard