Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6463|meh-land
He calls it haxing because if you get good at shooting people through walls and crates you will be called a hacker, regardless of whether or not you have hacks.  Its something only good counterstrike players would understand though, because battlefield 2 has a lot of way different stuff
burton
+9|6420|Da Bay, California
thats not hacking... thats shooting through thin walls. if u wanna hack dl ecc 5.2 i have it and its pretty good
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine
Never played CS since BF1942 came out ...
autopilot
banned
+115|6348

james@alienware wrote:

How the hell is that 'hacking', 'haxing' or 'wallhacking'  ?

Seriously...

Blehm98 wrote:

He calls it haxing because if you get good at shooting people through walls and crates you will be called a hacker, regardless of whether or not you have hacks.  Its something only good counterstrike players would understand though, because battlefield 2 has a lot of way different stuff
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

counter strike is poop
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6751|the middle of nowhere
lolhax.
ZekersSneakers
+8|6505
lol, most people don't even know what pre-fire is in this game.
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6565|UK
thats just wall banging though ......... everyone does is
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6619|InGerLand
that many hax on one map makes bf2 look so fantastic in comparason
...despite the fact it is anyway...
Mafia47
+27|6741|Chicago
my clan for css has our own server...but we don't EVER abuse admin because were not 5 years old. As for hacks being so easily available for css, same applies to bf2 and 2142. I love css and that is what got me hooked on PC games (1.5 i think) and talking about css on a bf forum isn't going to get many people actually defending it, especially when the threads titled "how to hax"
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6683

jkohlc wrote:

this is more like knowing the map instead of hacking..
Word. I've heard this called "Wall Spamming." I don't even think its illegal in CAL or TWL as long as you are using a real hack to see through the walls.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6650|Keyboard
psH
Banned
+217|6384|Sydney
CS sucks now, at least the old ones do. 1.6 is pretty good. Espescially with Gun Game.
Executiator
+69|6421
For those of you who never have played CS before, please, shut the fuck up.

you cannot judge a game because of this information, most people don't even do this. It is also nto considered hacking, autopilot is calling it 'haxing' because when you kill someone this way, they usually think you hack. It is not a hack of anykind, its jsut an advanced technique for owning in CS.

So, for our sake, go try it, then say something, otherwise keep your fucking mouths shut.

Also, if you complain about it being shitty because of this, that or the other, please keep in mind that it is a completely different play style that BF2, where one shot could possibly kill you.

Autopilot, good guide, got a lol out of me, bringing back old memories.
beerface702
+65|6693|las vegas
ah i remeber some of those spots..i stopped playing at 1.3 pretty much, when 1942 came out i was hooked after i bought my 9700 pro.

played CS when noone knew what it was. the very first beta's when i was about 18 or so or 17..on a banshee card!!! ROFL

man i had some good times though back then, but more so on TFC.

still waiting for fortress forever....should be good

ive played CSS maybe 10 hours total since it's been out..the game is just plain old now

and the large amount of "hax" that came around for 1.3-1.6 in 2002~ till now has made it unplayable for honest players

cant say much for css, but i wasnt very good after a long break recently of playing that

keep it on the shelf for those rainy days

Last edited by beerface702 (2007-01-02 03:39:01)

Zefar
+116|6649|Sweden
CSS actually don't have THAT many cheaters, not sure about CS 1.6 because I don't play it anymore. But it's THE most popular online FPS in the world and that's bound to bring cheaters in to piss off people.
CS:CZ is almost cheat free as it doesn't have that many cheaters in it normally.

CSS have like half the player time of CS 1.6 only after 3 years and it's gotten a lot better in terms of maps/hitreg/models and other things.
Walling in CSS isn't as limited as you think, you shoot through walls on certain map but the damage is reduced quite a lot but if you hit the head you'll kill him. Also you can shoot through a box and do a headshot on another player, it's just bloody rare.

The CSS version of CS_Assault is a huge walling map or at least on the T's warehouse.

CSS also gotten 2 new things that CS 1.6 don't have.
A new radar that resemble the radar of BF2 and BF2142. Because once your team mate spot and enemy it turns up on the radar and will be visible till he can't see it anymore. At the time he won't see it anymore the enemy will be a faded red dot that's just still on it's last location.

Also a new DWP mode have entered CSS to, this mode change the price of a weapon depending on how much it have been bought and have had money spent on it. M4 and AK with Deagle are sky rocketing in price which is gonna make the game more dynamic as those guns are no bought every single fucking round.

So now people are going for other guns beside them.

About some things to.

Steam is just a program that gives you updates, news about Valves games and keep your games together, NOTHING else. Don't know how you people can't tell the diffrence.
As for the hitreg in game, well not sure about CS 1.6 but CS:CZ and CSS have a pretty good one. Better than BF2 imo.

Also you might wanna read up on how it works as you prolly died while being behind a corner. That's nothing compared to taking damage from a Rifle while being behind a rock in BF2142.
The accuracy in CSS and CS:CZ are far deadlier than CS 1.6 itself as headshots are more common and the recoil is easier to controll.

I'll take CSS recoil and hit registration over BF2/BF2142 anyday.
Microwave
_
+515|6655|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Right, I read this thread again after last night and now I'm just annoyed at the naivety of some people on these forums.

**Firstly, in response to the person who said "steam sucks" I ask them the question why? Steam has to be one of the best, if the best running platform for...anything. The update system is practical and problem-free, everything works (the friends network isn't perfect yet) and all the games that run from it are easy to download and use. So kindly give your reasons or shut up.**

Back to the point which got brought up about real hacking in CS.... I've played CS:S since it came out and I've played (according to xfire [which is not that accurate baring in mind it rounds to the nearest hour, I think])  554 hours. So more around the 400 figure.

I have honestly NEVER come across one cheater, not once. And I play on a different server every time I go on.

Yes cheats are available, yes cheats work.... BUT VAC (valve anti-cheat) does stop MOST of them (I didn't say all).

Many people on that game are better than you will be able to comprehend...this does not however, mean they are cheating.

I have been called a cheater, I have been shot through walls, I have been killed by people who are unbelievably good, but I have pulled off some of the 'lucky' shots myself.

It all comes with practice. (I don't play much anymore but when I do I am usually near the top with a reasonable K. People who JUST play that game will be alot better, so it is not out of the question for them to be incredibly good.

It's not all cheating.

Kapeesh?
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6841
Counterstrike is hacking central, such a B.S game.
Microwave
_
+515|6655|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

A-Unit64 wrote:

Worthy example #1

Evidence - non.
Stupid comment - yes :

A-Unit64 wrote:

Last edited by james@alienware (2007-01-02 10:12:55)

autopilot
banned
+115|6348

A-Unit64 wrote:

Let me guess, you tried it. You hid behind a crate, and someguy saw a part of you, shot and it just happend to be a headshot => Lucky.

Does suck for you but still, not hacking. Vac-2 does stop the majority of hacks.

Secondly, do you really contribute to the thread by questioning the quality of the game? No.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6740|England
james@alienware

steam is ok now, it hasnt always been like that though. steam is what made me stop playing something I'd been playing for years (not remember all the steam gifs? )
like I said once its on and updated its fine now.

you are naive about cheats, there are lots of good players yes, and most of them are constantly wrongly accused, we used to ban people for cheat accusations on BYCS.
We used to get most good players on there. we also used to get whole clans of cheaters on a mission with cd-key changers as well as their cheats and were reappearing as fast as we banned their IDs.
Friday and Saturday night if you was an admin you wasnt going to be playing much cs, you would be dealing with tkers,  cheats and complaints.
I was playing gun game the other night, it was a community night, naturally u get the odd johnny-gamespy too and one had such a blatent aimbot it was hilarious.
Because the maps are so small/close contact he couldnt run anywhere without his aimbot spinning him around! wasnt long before he was perm banned.
Why do you think cfg commands get locked? because so many people take up config-hacking whether it be bind "" stopsound (its classed as a cheat command now but it sure never used to be) or just having silly rates so you warp around unhittable!
VAC doesnt stop shit compared to what's out there, all it does well is enforce bans on VAC servers.
I would like to say though there IS too many accusations flying around.
Cheaters are easy to spot in CS unlike BF2, by means of demos in 1st person etc. there arent that many subtle ones, but they do exist.
now what you will get alot of especially on clanservers is "spotting"
that used to warrent a permanent ban because it is like wallhacking.
You kill someone who is on teamspeak...he starts to "spot" for his buddy in teamspeak.
He follows other peaple around and tells his buddy where they are camping, how much health they have, where they would be best planting bomb etc. To anyone else on the server it looks like wallhack, but they think they are not cheating because they have no wallhack installed.
WRONG Admins review demos and you will be banned for wallhacking. It can be judged whether you hear gunfire/footsteps/whatever, if its judged you had no way of knowing anyone is there on a few occasions you will be banned.
(Im not talking about clanservers here they will ban you if your face doesnt fit)
Zefar
+116|6649|Sweden
VAC actually banned 10 000 cheaters in a week. What have PB banned this weak? And VAC bans are permanent to and bans by Engine so you need to get a new game in order to keep cheating.
VAC also have a delayed ban system so that cheater is in the dark spot for a while and might be confused wether his cheat is detected or not
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6577|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
The whole guide rox...but there is one fact that i dont like...Its on 1.6!! not Source damn!
MT_Androo
Banned
+122|6469|The Suburb at Karkand
ROFL a speaking of counter strike 1.6 I got banned from almost all teh servers REAL HAX aimbots and shit so fun people whine so dang much try it kids get on mics cuss u out rofl, good ol days..
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6660|Canada Eh?

hurricane2oo5 wrote:

counter strike is poop

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard