Poll

[Starcraft] Best RTS Ever?!

Yeah!!!!46%46% - 39
No!! Starcraft is for straight men!53%53% - 45
Total: 84
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6374|Inside the AR Rockets.
You bet your ass it is, I played it for like.. 2 years nonstop and I REALLY wanna revisit.. If I could only find it..
Cubanpenguin
+35|6676|Kingston, Canada
Command and Conquer kicks it's ass, hard.
Longbow
+163|6645|Odessa, Ukraine
Starcraft - more skill
C&C - more fun
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6671|Colorado
you both /fail, Total Annihilation was the best rts ever by chris taylor period. I played it 7 years non- stop everyday. It got a crazy amount of awards one of which was best game ever.
Now he's about to out do himself again with supreme commander , its a must own for serious rts gamers because it is greatness.
Behold the game that will dominate the competition for all time http://www.supremecommander.com/ ,
the beta is going very well but it is advised for a game of this scale you will need a dual core to remain competitive, but if all your out for is the pure fun a p4 should do, at least its working for me with all settings on low. With everything on high, it's simply breath taking , Chris Taylor brings to life the games I used to play on paper. I could go on & on about this game but you get the point, one of the options though is using 2 monitors for an edge! Watch the video & remove all doubt from your minds.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6518|Adelaide, South Australia

Longbow wrote:

Starcraft - more skill
C&C - more fun
so C&C = Win?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6758|San Antonio, Texas

Cubanpenguin wrote:

Command and Conquer kicks it's ass, hard.
QFT
&
QFA

I have every C&C and have been playing it ever since it came out. I love that series. (Until EA got ahold of it... ) Hopefully C&C 3 will be better!

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2007-01-01 00:45:14)

slicknic
+145|6624
actually i just started replaying it... actually went out and baught it i wanted to so bad lol... $20 still tho >< geeze
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6476|San Diego, CA

TrollmeaT wrote:

you both /fail, Total Annihilation was the best rts ever by chris taylor period.
Hell yeah, TA was awwesome!
Longbow
+163|6645|Odessa, Ukraine

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Starcraft - more skill
C&C - more fun
so C&C = Win?
maybe
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6691|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Longbow wrote:

Starcraft - more skill
C&C - more fun
Yeah, all you have to do is make a horde of Dragoons or Hydralisks and it's over.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6758|San Antonio, Texas

Longbow wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Starcraft - more skill
C&C - more fun
so C&C = Win?
maybe
YES! C&C = WIN

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2007-01-01 00:54:13)

Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6760|Internet!
Starcraft!!!
Cubanpenguin
+35|6676|Kingston, Canada
Ok now a serious post.

I agree Starcraft, along with Warcraft 2 were very good games and I did have a lot of fun playing both of them I do think however that Command and Conquer was a much more fun and also a much more influential game. I have many memories of playing C&C and wiping out the NOD with a huge division of Mammoth Tanks.

But I think another good reason C&C is a better game is the series it spawned, Red alert 1&2, Tiberian sun and even Generals to a point. They have brought a huge amount of gamers in and have been enjoyed by millions.

I Also really hope to see the new C&C blow all of the other games out of the water.

About Total Annilation I thought it was a good, maybe even great game but I can't really put it up there as the greatest. Although it was fun and challenging I think the real thing that held it back was the story, I never felt compeld to keep going when I was playing where with C&C and Star-Warcraft I always felt I had to continue just to see what the story had in store next.

But to each his own I suppose. Also don't forget about Company of Heroes, it's a great game, maybe a bit too difficult at times but still amazing.

So my ranking would have to be.

1. Command and Conquer Original
2. Command and Conquer Red Alert 2
3. Age Of Empires
4. Command and Conquer Red Alert
5. Warcraft 2
6. Starcraft
7. Age of Empires 3
8. Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun
9. Company Of Heroes
10. Total Annihilation.
11. Command and Conquer Generals
12. Age of Empires 2

Shit forgot Age of empires, Oops!

Last edited by Cubanpenguin (2007-01-01 01:04:35)

Executiator
+69|6419
You need to get out more if you think SC is the best.

I think you've forgotten C&C, any of them, AofE series.

Dawn of War is... just amazing. Haven't played CoH yet, but people say it sets the bar.

I know I'm forgetting some,
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I can't exactly call Starcraft or anything else the best RTS ever, but it's one of my favorites.

Currently, I play Company of Heroes, Dark Crusade and Starcraft online for my RTS fix.
Panitz4670
+6|6520|Bundaberg-Australia
I would vote Total Annihilation as the best RTS of all time, I spent ages playing that game and I still play it today. However Starcraft is up there with the best in my opinion the same with C&C.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

Cubanpenguin wrote:

Ok now a serious post.

I agree Starcraft, along with Warcraft 2 were very good games and I did have a lot of fun playing both of them I do think however that Command and Conquer was a much more fun and also a much more influential game. I have many memories of playing C&C and wiping out the NOD with a huge division of Mammoth Tanks.

But I think another good reason C&C is a better game is the series it spawned, Red alert 1&2, Tiberian sun and even Generals to a point. They have brought a huge amount of gamers in and have been enjoyed by millions.

I Also really hope to see the new C&C blow all of the other games out of the water.

About Total Annilation I thought it was a good, maybe even great game but I can't really put it up there as the greatest. Although it was fun and challenging I think the real thing that held it back was the story, I never felt compeld to keep going when I was playing where with C&C and Star-Warcraft I always felt I had to continue just to see what the story had in store next.

But to each his own I suppose. Also don't forget about Company of Heroes, it's a great game, maybe a bit too difficult at times but still amazing.

So my ranking would have to be.

1. Command and Conquer Original
2. Command and Conquer Red Alert 2
3. Age Of Empires
4. Command and Conquer Red Alert
5. Warcraft 2
6. Starcraft
7. Age of Empires 3
8. Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun
9. Company Of Heroes
10. Total Annihilation.
11. Command and Conquer Generals
12. Age of Empires 2

Shit forgot Age of empires, Oops!
yeah I played age of empires before some of those games were out and I played Warcraft3, age of empires was released in 97 thats when I started playing rts games. Also I played original warcraft , then envolved to warcraft 2 and w3.

Last edited by blademaster (2007-01-01 01:12:33)

Home
Section.80
+447|6846|Seattle, Washington, USA

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

so C&C = Win?
maybe
YES! C&C = WIN
True dat.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6525|Singapore
never played starcraft but C&C ftw
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715
Starcraft is for Koreans.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
BattlefieldMedic
+25|6599|Sydney City, THE city.
Company of Heroes>Command and Conquer Generals Series/Red Alert>Starcraft>Age of Empires 2.

I remember how I used to play Red Alert for hours when I was kid, and Age of Empires 2. But with the release of Company of Heroes, I'll be hooked for a while...
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645
Starcraft wasn't that special. I myself had a great time playing age of empires: the conquerors in deathmatches online. Screw building up. Just build massive armies fast and have at it.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6334|Oregon
SC conquers all... no doubt.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6620|Gold coast, Aus.
Starcraft was the only true RTS i got into. Got warcraft 3 and played for a bit then thought "err, fuck this" and have gamed off FPS's ever since .

I have naturally good reflexes so FPS suit me.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6825|Lithuania
Company of Heroes is the best RTS to date, IMO.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard