rig0rm0rti5
+1|6674
I'm a newb so maybe i don't know the sounds yet. Can you hear the artillery when it's being fired IN BF2142?

In bf2 i would hear it being launched (depending on where i am on the map) and head away from populated areas. After getting an x-fi it was easier to distinguish it.

Last edited by rig0rm0rti5 (2006-12-31 13:06:26)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6562|Portland, OR, USA

rig0rm0rti5 wrote:

I'm a newb so maybe i don't know the sounds yet. but can you hear the artillery when it's being fired. In bf2 i would hear it being launched (depending on where i am on the map) and head away from populated areas.

After getting an x-fi it was easier to distinguish it.
Don't quite understand your question, but x-fi lets you hear everything...especially on a 7.1 surround sound system
Commie Killer
+192|6379
With sound effects on high you can.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6612|Mhz

Nope, you hear the "whistling" about 1.2 seconds before it smashes into your head.

EDIT: Fkin typo.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2006-12-31 12:54:20)

rig0rm0rti5
+1|6674

CommieChipmunk wrote:

rig0rm0rti5 wrote:

I'm a newb so maybe i don't know the sounds yet. but can you hear the artillery when it's being fired. In bf2 i would hear it being launched (depending on where i am on the map) and head away from populated areas.

After getting an x-fi it was easier to distinguish it.
Don't quite understand your question, but x-fi lets you hear everything...especially on a 7.1 surround sound system
specifically i want to hear the enemy artillery being launched. if can hear the faint sound of it, it was an early indicator  that artillery is heading in your area in bf2.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6562|Portland, OR, USA
yes you can
LockerFish
+47|6698
I thought there was no arty in 2142.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6646|Teesside, UK
Yeah sometimes when I'm paying attention.  I can occasionally hear the arty firing halfway across the map and i know if capping a flag that it may be coming for me.  And thats not an xfi only a crappy audigy.  Can't imagine what an xfi would sound like.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6654|USA
I can hear it.
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6674
i need to be commander and fire it myself, then listen, cause i have no idea what it sounds like yet.
JoshCooper
+20|6321|Stoke
the arty on bf2142 is called orbital strike instead
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6674

LockerFish wrote:

maybe it's not technically artillery. maybe it's star orbital missile strike from space or something.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6562|United States
No, in 2142 you can't hear it being fired but it's not like it matters. Artillery in 2142 is such a joke anyways. When it starts coming down it's not hard to sprint out of it. The only time I've been killed by arty in 2142 is when I didn't have enough sprint to get out or got stuck in a half-dead, EMP'd vehicle.

BF2 however, with a good sound card you can hear it being fired a mile away. I have the X-Fi Fatal1ty Platinum with optical surround sound headphones. I can be around the Mosque on Jalalabad and hear people firing at the hotel.

Last edited by BeerzGod (2006-12-31 13:05:53)

rig0rm0rti5
+1|6674

JoshCooper wrote:

the arty on bf2142 is called orbital strike instead
that was my guess. i see it was pretty accurate. so technically you shouldn't be able to hear nothing until it's coming down on top of you? 

i'm so confused!
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6567
Im on x-fi and I dont hear it till its coming down whistling, but in BF2 I hear it getting fired out of the cannons.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6562|United States
Yes, Orbital Strike means its coming down from satellites so no, realistically there's no way to hear it being fired. But as it's been mentioned, you can hear the whistling a second before it hits.
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6567
Okay, you can hear kind of a *thunk*, then a bunch of whistling sounds, followed shortly by the orbital strike impacting.  You usually don't have to worry, unless you're in armor, cause it shreds armor.  Otherwise, hunt down a medic, or whip out your own medic bag, go prone along a wall or some object, and you'll live unless it hits you right on the head.
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6674

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

Okay, you can hear kind of a *thunk*, then a bunch of whistling sounds, followed shortly by the orbital strike impacting.  You usually don't have to worry, unless you're in armor, cause it shreds armor.  Otherwise, hunt down a medic, or whip out your own medic bag, go prone along a wall or some object, and you'll live unless it hits you right on the head.
i have noticed that artillery has been nerfed in 2142. I often see people running IN to the artillery strike as if it's not even there.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6692|Chch, New Zealand

BeerzGod wrote:

No, in 2142 you can't hear it being fired but it's not like it matters. Artillery in 2142 is such a joke anyways. When it starts coming down it's not hard to sprint out of it. The only time I've been killed by arty in 2142 is when I didn't have enough sprint to get out or got stuck in a half-dead, EMP'd vehicle.
If its a joke, how come can I get about 2-3 people with it everytime i use it??? I think my best is about  8 people with one strike.

You just got to know how you use it efectively. Which a lot of people don't
rig0rm0rti5
+1|6674

NZDeathBoy wrote:

BeerzGod wrote:

If its a joke, how come can I get about 2-3 people with it everytime i use it??? I think my best is about  8 people with one strike.

You just got to know how you use it efectively. Which a lot of people don't
i'm not an expert at using the artillery in bf2 or 2142. but as a player i do not fear the artillery in 2142 as i did in bf2.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6692|Chch, New Zealand
Would you fear it if you where in a walker and i emp you? LOL i love doing that
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6744|Toronto, ON
Orbital Strike is supposed to be used on Armor, not infantry.

Idiots.

Oh, and yes you can hear the orbital strike... like 1 second before it comes down.
Alpha as fuck.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

You hear it when your walker dies.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6687|UK

LockerFish wrote:

just lol
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6319|105 RVK
have u guys ever placed an orbital strike? After u place it, it takes 1-3 secs to come down unlike in BF2 it takes half a min or something... no u cant see it coming

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard