My DVD drive won't read the game. I only have one drive, which I installed the game from, etc. When I launch the game, the splash screen with the mech comes up then it says "Please insert the Battlefield 2142 CD. Press ok to retry."

I've tried rebooting. I've tried reinstalling. My drive is a DVD drive (or else how could I install the game thus far). I've tried installing the latest SecuROM. I've disabled my Virtual drive emulators (Daemon Tools, etc.) I've made an image of the game and tried to run the image with the CD in the drive. I'm stumped. I can't return the game and get my money back because they don't accept returns on games and they don't have any PC CDs for me to exchange it for.

Help is greatly appreciated.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6569|British Columbia, Canada
Maybe make sure that the actual disk isn't defective, do you have another computer that you could run it on to see if the disk works?

LT.Victim wrote:

Maybe make sure that the actual disk isn't defective, do you have another computer that you could run it on to see if the disk works?
I'll try it on the downstairs computer. I doubt that's the case though, since I've heard others have this problem. I looked at the solutions they had and tried them but nothing worked.
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6565
I posted this elsewhere but ... Have you recently plugged in, or unplugged a USB device that may be detected as a drive? USB Flash Drive, USB MP3 Player, USB 8in1 Memory Card Reader...Etc...

If so, it MAY change your DVD's drive letter assignment. If so, BF2142 will look for itself in lets say D:\ but if a device changed the drive to E:\, BF2142 wont detect that change.

Make sure ANY software that might create a drive letter in Explorer is disabled and closed.
No I haven't plugged any USB devices with storage in them lately, but thanks for trying Jo Barf.

Any other suggestions?
Raptor1
+19|6494
Take the game back, play BF2.

Oh so helpful.
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6565
If you have the receipt most places will do a swap for a new copy, just claim that one to be defective. There COULD be an issue with the copy in relation to drive detection. The copy protection system could have become corrupted during the disc copy during manuf....Just a guess since you've tried just about everything but a OS reinstall...and thats kinda dramatic in this situation

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard