Poll

Dose it take you longer to load into maps?

Yes75%75% - 34
No24%24% - 11
Total: 45
dan500
+57|6848
Has anyone found loading times into a map slower AFTER 1.12 (newest patch)and with SF
I have found it takes longer, and it uses sh1t less ram
Sunday8PM
+1|6842|EU
not sure but it does feel slower...
RAS_ace10
+12|6754
yeh since i have put on 1.12 my loading times seem to be longer, buti dont know
HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6727|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA
yeah i get that too and i cant join karkand, sharki, zatar or dragon valley. The new patch needs to be patched... ea u blow
Roy1991
+0|6727
My loading times are A LOT shorter (about half of what they were before)
(and my pc is pretty low-end, only 512MB RAM)
dan500
+57|6848

Roy1991 wrote:

My loading times are A LOT shorter (about half of what they were before)
(and my pc is pretty low-end, only 512MB RAM)
Darn, i got 2GB ram, it only uses 300mb of that now O_O
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Roy1991 wrote:

...and my pc is pretty low-end, only 512MB RAM)
Fuck you. I'm still very bitter about my low-end PC. (128 MB RAM, and slow as a fucking wet week. It actually runs worse then it's meant to.) No-one is allowed to complain about their crappy computers except me.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Roy1991
+0|6727

Tyferra wrote:

Roy1991 wrote:

...and my pc is pretty low-end, only 512MB RAM)
Fuck you. I'm still very bitter about my low-end PC. (128 MB RAM, and slow as a fucking wet week. It actually runs worse then it's meant to.) No-one is allowed to complain about their crappy computers except me.
128MB...omg...
LOGAN
+0|6779
DEFINITELY longer load times in SF, not sure about regular BF2, almost seems laggier as well, kinda reminiscent of the memory leak in 1.01.. wouldnt suprise me.

awesome game though!

Last edited by LOGAN (2005-11-27 19:26:26)

dan500
+57|6848

LOGAN wrote:

DEFINITELY longer load times in SF, not sure about regular BF2, almost seems laggier as well, kinda reminiscent of the memory leak in 1.01.. wouldnt suprise me.

awesome game though!
Im thinking mem leak..

*Waits for patch*
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6849|-
I haven't seen any longer loading times. In fact my Verifying time has gone down considerably.
dan500
+57|6848

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I haven't seen any longer loading times. In fact my Verifying time has gone down considerably.
Darn you, looks like the patch has f*cked some of us, and not others
SargeX_au
+29|6754
Definitely longer loading times and a lot longer verifying time.

Last edited by SargeX_au (2005-11-28 06:50:40)

C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6810|UK
Haven't noticed a change in load times, but my verifying times for SF levels seems slightly longer. I can still load a map and have it verified before the music comes close to ending for the first time (I guess the 1.5Gb RAM probably helps there).
ResDog1
+51|6766|Netherlands
It seems loading is stopped at 61 %. After a while it runs to 100% smothly.
Does take longer though, but not annoying...
CackNBallz
+45|6744|Toronto, Canada
My load times were long initially but now it is much faster than what it was before.  It just seems that verifying takes a bit longer.

I think the game is laggier because there is more geometry and objects to hide behind because this game is more infantry-based.  Just take a look at how much stuff is in the hangar bay in Iron Gator.  I added a soundcard to my computer and it boosted performance quite a bit, so what was once 15 to 21 frames per second is now around 25 to 41 frames per second.
KnifeWhore
+1|6754|USA
yea i would say my is going faster but about 90% of the servers i join lag soo bad i want to kill my self
Blankwindow
+1|6726
My load time is no faster or slower but the verifying times are longer. It used to take me about 5 mins from joining to being in the server. now it takes about 9. not that much of a longer time but if the server has a time limit that can b a signifigant chunk of the round.

I've noticed some servers which used to be laggy are never laggy now, but other which weren't laggy are almost unplayable to me.
ISIK_Dark
+0|6840|Pueblo

CackNBallz wrote:

I added a soundcard to my computer and it boosted performance quite a bit, so what was once 15 to 21 frames per second is now around 25 to 41 frames per second.
Hmmmm.  I'm going to have to go buy a sound card.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

General loading time has decreased and verifying seems fine too.
1 gig of RAM for me...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard