wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6748|England

zeidmaan wrote:

Can anyone tell me how is the situation with servers in Europe ?
Ive played on a few different servers now, I dont mind if its US.. ping will only be 130 tops anyway for me on a US server usually, PTG have just launched one of their servers with prmm on.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6747|Comber, Northern Ireland

wooly-back-jack wrote:

david363 wrote:

i cud never work out how to get the kit drops, like heavy weapons or sniper...care to fill me in?
make sure you are in the area of a flag that is yours when you ask for it (also make sure you are in a squad) then ask and a kit bag will apear under your feet with the kit requested.
ahh right didnt realise u had to be at a flag
R@ge
+33|6352|Norway

wooly-back-jack wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

Can anyone tell me how is the situation with servers in Europe ?
Ive played on a few different servers now, I dont mind if its US.. ping will only be 130 tops anyway for me on a US server usually, PTG have just launched one of their servers with prmm on.
You guys find a complete list of all Project Reality servere here >>
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6748|England
cheers!
CommieChipmunk
+488|6578|Portland, OR, USA
I just started playing last night too and I'm sure as hell never going back to bf2, excellent mod btw.
im_in_heaven
+27|6596
OK im downloading this thing now. Ill try it out.
im_in_heaven
+27|6596

im_in_heaven wrote:

OK im downloading this thing now. Ill try it out.
Nice im getting 600kb/s
im_in_heaven
+27|6596
Ok so i downloaded it played 2 rounds. Great concept but the whol game doesnt feel right. The running is annoying. Takes you about 55 mins to get to the next flag. The server i was in seemed like commander was useless. Could spot couldnt drop supplies or artillery. Am i missing something?
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6748|England
yes, play it some more. If you dont believe me, look at my earlier posts in the thread...how unconvinced about it I was.
I'm not saying I'm never playing BF2 vanilla again but PR is going to get played quite alot now.
Dont try to play it like you play BF2, you wont enjoy it. just think it's more leaned towards reality
you can be that menace to the other team without fear of a yellow rotating circle spoiling the time it took you to find that good position.
If you get shot you are knackered, ok you can heal yerself if you are lucky but you cant go running around looking for medipacks that have been spammed all over the place.
Artillary has to be requested.
Some Maps are very big, but the way flags are taken are different to BF2, you cant just sneak round the back and take TV station or whatever, you have to take them in a certain order so your team gains ground in the battle, pushing the enemy back/holding them off and defending the flag.
Take yer time and have fun. My team were getting wasted at 1 flag the other day, I was spawning in a concrete bunker on an oilfield or something. everytime I stepped outside I was getting sniped...annoying when you have to wait to spawn, but I overcame it... threw a smoke grenade out the door and ran down a trench to cover, then slowly made my way around so I was behind the enemy that had that flag surrounded and started picking THEM off
im_in_heaven
+27|6596
Yes the commander is next to useless in this i think. Commader should be able to supply drop wherever and artillery wherever. If your squads dont request anyhtring you bascially sit there. Supply drops take waaaaay to long to fall. Its about 2-3 mins after the commander sends it that you receive it. A commader should be able to manually spot . Also why is there scanners and uav in the game yet you cant use them?

I gave it some more chances. I dont like it. I like the idea but the spawn time is just to much on top of having to wait an extra second everyrime you get killed. So on top of your 30 second respawn time you have to wait an extra 15 seconds if you have 15 deaths. The team work is cool but no point team work if both of you have no clue how to play. I dont like that you dont see who killed you. Half the time you just die not knowing anyhting which is stupid for a game. I understand the realism factor. However , Its still a game. To much realism will dull the game and thast probably why its not bigger than it is. No VOIP which is lame. So you really cant communiate in a battle then you get killed and have to wait another 40 seconds on average. I think they should implement some sort of spotting for commanders as there pretty much no point in being a commander in this it stinks. This is a rant but im not just tearing on the game. These are thigns that i feel need to be changed. Thje only way all this realism would be fun would be if the graphics were better than the crysis engines graphics.

Last edited by im_in_heaven (2007-01-21 20:01:59)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6400|Southern California
wow how did you get 15 deaths?

Im not good at all and I have trouble getting that many.
If you dont run out in the open you wont die so fast....

The spawn time is nice, gives you a second to poor another beer. vBF2 bothers me, cause as soon as I go to take another sip or what ever I re-spawn....

Its also REALLY nice to bee able to put an enemy down and know you got some time before he comes back.

Its nice to see so many getting into this mod, though it scares me too because its community is so much of what makes it so great. With more people comes more stat obsessed idiots doing what ever it takes to get a point.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2007-01-21 22:28:21)

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6837|Grapevine, TX
Downloading and registering. I've heard good things about this mod. I have high hopes!
im_in_heaven
+27|6596

VicktorVauhn wrote:

wow how did you get 15 deaths?

Im not good at all and I have trouble getting that many.
If you dont run out in the open you wont die so fast....

The spawn time is nice, gives you a second to poor another beer. vBF2 bothers me, cause as soon as I go to take another sip or what ever I re-spawn....

Its also REALLY nice to bee able to put an enemy down and know you got some time before he comes back.

Its nice to see so many getting into this mod, though it scares me too because its community is so much of what makes it so great. With more people comes more stat obsessed idiots doing what ever it takes to get a point.
15 deaths isnt hard. You die extremely easily. And the guns are very accurate. So unless your not in any gun battles whatsoever i dont see how you can say 15 deaths is hard. And im not out for points in this game cuz points mean nothing in it. However, i do want a bit of action not just 5 mins of running to a flag then getting some random bullet and having to wait 30 seconds then 5 mroe mins of running. And let me emphasize this is not me running in the open being a hero.
Barrakuda777
+86|6744|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
I think its well balanced on all aspects. Yes you can die without ever seeing anyone, covering fire will kill you indiscriminately and enemy snipers will end you without you ever hearing the gun crack (rare!!)

... but thats war, and war is hell.

No kill messages is great, it means no hacker calls, it means if u sneak up on people they dont know your there or what class your playing, there is no WTF BBQ, mp5 sucks / ak47 is lame / unlock whore / how did u kill me!!!1!!11elleven ETC...

That being said, i get VOIP on the servers I play on and teamwork is infinitely more pervasive than in BF2 (only let down when peopl dont know the kits and maps like in BF2)

I agree, it is frustrating to trek for a few minutes to be killed by seemingly random shots but I think thats part of the joy of the game. It is immersive, I duck bodily when im being shot at, I get my heart pumping behind enemy lines and get really scared when im in the poop and about to die!

To each their own, kudos for dloading and giving it a go, it may have been better calling this a sim rather than a mod? It is not BF2.

Anyways...

Kooda
im_in_heaven
+27|6596
Well im going to play it a few more times. Maybe ill end up liking it im not sure. I just hope .5 is as good as it seems.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6400|Southern California
lol didn't seem to be bagging on you to much, the game does have a steep learning curve...

But yeah your almost right about "Not in any gun battles what so ever"
IMO its much more stealth then vBF2, you have to try and stay behind cover and with a medic if you want to stay alive.

Often you don't really get into gun battle, you move up, flank and enemy, and shot him in the head before he knows your there.

In vBF2 you can just stand in the open and blast at each other while hopping around like fools, the power and accuracy kinda forces you to use a more tactical approach.

Do give it more of a try though, the first few round can be a pretty big shock.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6748|England
I did a little vid of some gameplay, its not action packed or anything its just to give you an idea and see if the download takes your fancy.
Its not about running around in circles capping flags and avoiding each other farming points, you take the flag and keep it. let another squad go and take the next THEN move up to that one.

[edit] link to the bloody video might be of use
http://media.putfile.com/PRMM-31

Last edited by wooly-back-jack (2007-01-23 08:12:54)

R@ge
+33|6352|Norway

wooly-back-jack wrote:

[edit] link to the bloody video might be of use
http://media.putfile.com/PRMM-31
Nice video M8
david363
we all have to get together and play a few rounds
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6356|Belfast
ive got a suggestion for more realism (i think?)
WHY do toy have the same reload animations EVERY time
soooo unrealistic!
say if u were under fire you would have to rush reloading
and if u wernt, you'd take ur time
(play BLACK people! its in that!)
david363
lol i thought that last part was rasist lol. but surely ur only going to be reloading when ur under fire? or have just been under fire
R@ge
+33|6352|Norway
Project Reality v0.5 Media Update

Over the past couple of weeks we have been working in high gear finishing up the last few tweaks and bug fixes on PR v0.5. What initially started out as a patch for PR v0.4 has evolved into one of our most feature-rich releases to date. There are some significant changes to how Project Reality and Battlefield 2 are played in v0.5, so we should be updating our player guide with details over the next few days in advance of the final release. Simply put, be prepared for v0.5 to blow your mind!

We currently have a v0.5 release candidate in testing and if everything goes well, we plan to release Project Reality v0.5 next week. If we happen to run into any show stoppers, we will post another update on tentative release dates.

Here are some new screenshots straight from the latest PR v0.5 test build to get you drooling:

https://realitymod.com/images/screenshots/m14_3p_thumb.jpg https://realitymod.com/images/screenshots/landrover_3p_thumb.jpg https://realitymod.com/images/screenshots/type95_3p_thumb.jpg

Click images to enlarge.

Also, Project Reality has also been invited to join DJ Novicaine and DJ Xeon this coming Friday Night (1/24/07) at 11:45pm eastern on HTGN’s 'The Wrath!' radio for an exclusive interview! Make sure you tune in to have a chance to ask members from the Project Reality Dev Team questions and listen to DJ Novicaine and DJ Xeon blaze some jams while fraggin’ out on your favorite Project Reality server. Read the official press release below for more information.

Source @ realitymod.com
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6748|England
this week's gonna drag now
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6569|Southampton, UK

I think i'm going to Download PR when this new version is released...
Looks great but still haven't tried it.
im_in_heaven
+27|6596
@ R@ge

Will you guys be fixing spawn points as in making a few extra ones so you dont have to trek for so long? thats my main peeve. Its not so much waiting for respawning its more having to trek for soo long in a couple of the maps at least.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard