Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord
I did a search, couldn't find any threads obviously about this. With hopes I'm not being a noob for asking: anyone know a legit way of getting onto the roof of the TV station without going up the stairs?

I've played the map a fair few times so I do know it pretty well, but you never know...
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.
Seeing as how it is the highest point on the map, I don't know of any other way. Unless you are really good at parachuting in, which is almost impossible to hit that station, at that height, at that distance.

Looks like you'll be truckin' up the stairs for now Todd.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6570
Park an APC infront of it and use the Escape pod - oh wait maybe not.

No, there's no other way to get up there except the stairs.
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6476|Belgium
It's all so quiet
im sorry but i dont know a way to do that
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland
Only way i think is C4, unless you can zip line from the crane at the US uncap, also play about with the hook on nearby buildings.
Col.Vind
Bob Saget is my karkand..
+14|6344|Smurfvillage, Gotland
dont think its possible.. even with c4..
TriggerLID
Power Nubs Unite
+6|6534
The grappling hook will hook into the side of the TV station
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

White-Fusion wrote:

Only way i think is C4...
Ah. Bloody hell, I never thought of that.

Problem solved guys.

/close.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6637|South Jersey

Todd_Angelo wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Only way i think is C4...
Ah. Bloody hell, I never thought of that.

Problem solved guys.

/close.
Negative, I don't think even 5 packs of C4 will get you up there.  Maybe have a teammate lay down a few more packs(if the two of you really want to waste a shit load of C4 like that.)  Is it really important to not use the stairs?  With all the idiots laying down on the first flight of stairs with a PKM, one grenade can take all of them out and you're on your way to the roof.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6533
lol Finding ur way up top hard with all the claymore spammers like you? What happend to if you go engineer you can defuse the claymore that you claywhores fall back on?
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6678|respawn screen
I had my share in sniping/claymoring/ziplining from the tv station roof. Since I'm done with the sniper kip, snipers should die instantly when they are near the tv station, or even better: when a sniper is up there, the enemy should get an apache!
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

-Gunsmoke- wrote:

Is it really important to not use the stairs?
I was asking not because I wanted to avoid the stairs to get to the roof but in a game just before a bunch of us defending the TV station couldn't possibly have been passed and there were SAS suddenly on the stairs above us LOL I actually couldn't even think of a non-legit way of getting up there!

-Gunsmoke- wrote:

Negative, I don't think even 5 packs of C4 will get you up there.
I think it was C4 used in conjunction with the grappling hooks by a coordinated squad. Kudos to them.

ShadowFoX wrote:

lol Finding ur way up top hard with all the claymore spammers like you?
No, and I'm not a claymore spammer.

FYI, it took me five months of nothing but sniping on multiple accounts just to earn Vet Explosives Ordinance and I earned expert the same game. Still only have basic on five or six of my sniping accounts, including my primary alternate account with 100+ hours (99% sniper kills): http://bf2s.com/player/66250699/

I use clays the way God intended, and my flag points show it. So bite me
greenhaven
+47|6467

TriggerLID wrote:

He plays sniper, so he doesn't have the hook.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6539|Chicago

TriggerLID wrote:

Incorrect. Even using a neighboring building as a jumping platform, the grappling hook will do one of 2 things:
1) Not reach the top, rendering it useless, and when you jump the the rope, you'll be stuck hanging there until you jump off and kill yourself, or get shot
2) Reach the top, but not be long enough for you to reach. You'll jump to it, miss, and fall to your death.

Save the effort, use the stairs.
Col.Vind
Bob Saget is my karkand..
+14|6344|Smurfvillage, Gotland

Bratwurstschnecke wrote:

I had my share in sniping/claymoring/ziplining from the tv station roof. Since I'm done with the sniper kip, snipers should die instantly when they are near the tv station, or even better: when a sniper is up there, the enemy should get an apache!
That is the best idea I ever heard. +1
[UK]Blazing.Armour
+12|6644
You can get up to the roof of the TV station with FF ON.

How to do it

Requirements:
Grappling hook
A good commander

https://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2756/locationte2.jpg

The area marked red is the building your going to have to use to get up to the roof. First use your grappling hook to climb up until you reach the utmost top of the building.

2. Ask the commander to give you a supply drop. If your the commander, give yourself some supplies.

https://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7356/tvstationbumpka7.jpg

The "bumps" in the red box that is part of the TV station is the area where you first need to throw your grappling hook. Throw the hook on top of the highest bump.

4. Wait until your resupplied with another grappling hook. Once you have another hook, jump to the first hook you threw on top of the bump.

5. Climb up the hook until you reach the end of the line and are on top of the bump. KEEP JUMPING SO YOU DON'T FALL OFF and throw another grappling hook (try to get as close to the roof as possible).

6. Climb up the second rope until you reach the end of that line. Keep jumping and jumping and jumping until you finally manage to get on top.

I might make a video to explain it better, but for now I hope that little tutorial helps and makes sense.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6354|Troy, New York
I got up from the buildings behind it with a grappling hook.
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6795|South Cybertown, Texas
I dont see the point of all of that!

Be a leader of your squad (as medic) and follow your squad in the front door! Revive them as the clays get them and take the flag!
Rex08
+4|6290
How to avoid the stairs?

Easy.

Spawn There.
KillerKane0
+53|6647|Calgary, Alberta
The only other way to capture that flag is to grapple or zipline on to the balcony.  But you'd have to do it in large numbers at the same time in order to do it.  First you need to eliminate any immediate opposition (not easy).  Second, lay down claymores at the entrance to prevent their counterattack.  Third, be patient while you try to turn the flag, and they try to recapture it from you. 

I'd say you need at least 6 men along two ziplines to get into the balcony area, landing one after the other.  At least one man has to be a sniper to lay claymores.  Two - not one - must be medics so that one can revive the other.  At least one should be support to keep everyone resupplied, particularly claymores and to put down tear gas.  The last could be anything, but an engineer would be nice to deal with enemy claymores.

If the enemy has already laid down claymores in the balcony, the first man in should set it off to clear the way for the others.  The medic can revive him later.   

This assumes that the enemy aren't waiting for you.  If they are, doom on you. 

I'm surprised that EA would make an area on a map that was so difficult to capture.  All the other spawns on Warlord have multiple entry points that cannot be defended easily unless there's good team work.  On many occasions, the game has descended into a siege of the TV station, with the SAS on the outside and a strong MEC force inside doing their best to stay alive.  Fortunately, ziplines make it easy to escape the TV station from the top on to adjacent buildings.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

-=S8M=-Phoenix wrote:

I dont see the point of all of that!

Be a leader of your squad (as medic) and follow your squad in the front door! Revive them as the clays get them and take the flag!
Quite honestly? No assault by a single squad could have made it to the flag room and taken it... as I said above there were a bunch of us defending. We were holding off attacks for a while so this might have varied a bit over time but at least 2 or 3 snipers, definitely a support guy and I think one medic.

KillerKane0 wrote:

The only other way to capture that flag is to grapple or zipline on to the balcony.
Yeah.

You can cap the flag solo, but not against any sort of concerted resistance. If there are only one or two defending it you can do it as sniper, using the clays to cover your ass while you're there by yourself armed only with a pop gun (there are two shown in my second vid) but it usually requires a bit of luck too.
syntaxmax642
+32|6626|Seattle

ShadowFoX wrote:

lol Finding ur way up top hard with all the claymore spammers like you? What happend to if you go engineer you can defuse the claymore that you claywhores fall back on?
Try getting at the CLAYS to defuse them... When placed right you wont know what hit you... You cant get behind it (it is a requirement) if it is inside the door or right at the bottom of the stairs...

2 Snipers + 2 Support in the TV FTW.

Snipers with clays at the bottom of the stairs and up by the Flag (hidden well) because people like to try to grapple their way to the porch.

Support tossing nades down the stairs and filling the room with smoke.

Pretty much no way to get past it.

TV station is a virtual point farm... Its all about defending to the last man... I have gotten a huge amount of clay kills in there..3600 and counting though at this point I am pretty much done with the Sniper Kit.

Last edited by syntaxmax642 (2007-02-08 12:16:32)

-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6627|Quebec city, Canada

[UK]Blazing.Armour wrote:

You can get up to the roof of the TV station with FF ON.

How to do it

Requirements:
Grappling hook
A good commander

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2756/locationte2.jpg

The area marked red is the building your going to have to use to get up to the roof. First use your grappling hook to climb up until you reach the utmost top of the building.

2. Ask the commander to give you a supply drop. If your the commander, give yourself some supplies.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7356 … umpka7.jpg

The "bumps" in the red box that is part of the TV station is the area where you first need to throw your grappling hook. Throw the hook on top of the highest bump.

4. Wait until your resupplied with another grappling hook. Once you have another hook, jump to the first hook you threw on top of the bump.

5. Climb up the hook until you reach the end of the line and are on top of the bump. KEEP JUMPING SO YOU DON'T FALL OFF and throw another grappling hook (try to get as close to the roof as possible).

6. Climb up the second rope until you reach the end of that line. Keep jumping and jumping and jumping until you finally manage to get on top.

I might make a video to explain it better, but for now I hope that little tutorial helps and makes sense.
no need of a supply drop, hit G to pick up your hook

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard