reefl3x
+72|6394|United States
Does anyone else get an absolutely horrid FPS around the con site? Everyone other area its 60+fps, but around con site I hit like 30fps even in light combat. Flying around it in a cobra is a slide show almost.
Could it be my CPU, GPU, RAM?

What is it about that specific area of the map that kills my FPS? Anyone else have this problem.
I honestly try to avoid sharqi, but if the server switches to it i'll play it. I just avoid the con site.

Last edited by reefl3x (2006-12-22 00:26:53)

LGB
+0|6330
nope
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia
Instead of a solid building, your computer has to render all the walls, stairs and other stuff inside the con site. I don't get a fps hit there, but it is this reason that I can hardly play "Iron Gator". There's just too much for the computer to handle.

My guess anyway.

Mcminty.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6455|A W S M F O X
Your compy must suck, never had probs with it, or Warlord palace, TV station etc etc etc.
malarkeycoon
+16|6632|Cardiff
I used to have a lot of problems with it. Not only could I not go onto the construction site but I couldn't even look at it from a  distance using the sniper rifle. It was the same with the same building on a few other maps. I have a new graphics card now and it goes ok. Not sure of the FPS change though as I don't know how to measure that.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
Nope, no issues whatsoever.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

mcminty wrote:

Instead of a solid building, your computer has to render all the walls, stairs and other stuff inside the con site. I don't get a fps hit there, but it is this reason that I can hardly play "Iron Gator". There's just too much for the computer to handle.

My guess anyway.

Mcminty.
QFT. There is your answer.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

mcminty wrote:

My guess anyway.

Mcminty.
QFT. Its all down to the mapping and the amount of detail that the engine has to render.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6344|uk

whats your comp specs?
im_in_heaven
+27|6580
Its your graphics card. CPU has no real effect on the game and ram wont affect your fps only your choppiness.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard