Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6753
"old music" FTW.
And old graphics too, freaking Star Wars FTW too!
Really cool job of editing.  The climax of the song is matched with kill after kill after kill, all in perfect timing.  DreamOn*boom*....dreamOn*boom*

LOL at sparky trying to run away from the TV at North Docks.  And that curtain of missiles waiting for the F18 was pretty good.  I liked it in BR, a change.  And good way to follow missiles, and to see action from perspective of other players in the server.
magzy
+11|6752
couldnt be bothered to piss about with quote brackets so:

"who got the  credit for the F-18 kill?"
- I did, it was my kill, however, someone else killed someone with the F-15 at exactly the same time. The second line of kill text has my kill in it.

- Thanks to people who actually gave some useful feedback. I will use different music if I make another one. (altho i must admit i quite liked it, *shy* )

- I find First person can get very repetitive, but I will try and include some next time. The only problem is I lag like a biatch when I Fraps while playing, this is the reason why I did all of this footage on a server with BR running, and just frapsed the shots from the demo. Is there anyway I can get first person footage without frapsing while I play?

"renderer.drawHud 0"
- doh! Thanks

-I realise the editting wasnt top notch, like I said, im new to movie making, and I havnt learnt how to use the program properly, It was quite a bodge up job

- The last oman shot was me solo in. I realise it doesnt look like it as the chopper doesnt start spinning much, but I believe that is because I was in a dive. I also realise theres no way I can prove it unless u wanna download the demo file, so you will have to take my word for it

Thanks for the feedback, oh, and thanks for the irrelevant spam yuckfou
magzy
+11|6752
$h0ck3r
"There is a problem with your connection"
+23|6841
god, i hate these people , always flying around in a chopper solo, it justs ruins it the people that can gunner well but not v. good at piloting,
magzy
+11|6752
I see your frustration, but If a gunner gets in the gunner seat and he is decent, I let him carry on line up shots for him etc etc. The sad truth is, about 75% (at least on the servers i played on) of the people getting in the gunner seat couldnt hit a barn door with a tvm.
SlightlySto0pid
+7|6450|New York

magzy wrote:

couldnt be bothered to piss about with quote brackets so:

"who got the  credit for the F-18 kill?"
- I did, it was my kill, however, someone else killed someone with the F-15 at exactly the same time. The second line of kill text has my kill in it.

- Thanks to people who actually gave some useful feedback. I will use different music if I make another one. (altho i must admit i quite liked it, *shy* )

- I find First person can get very repetitive, but I will try and include some next time. The only problem is I lag like a biatch when I Fraps while playing, this is the reason why I did all of this footage on a server with BR running, and just frapsed the shots from the demo. Is there anyway I can get first person footage without frapsing while I play?

"renderer.drawHud 0"
- doh! Thanks

-I realise the editting wasnt top notch, like I said, im new to movie making, and I havnt learnt how to use the program properly, It was quite a bodge up job

- The last oman shot was me solo in. I realise it doesnt look like it as the chopper doesnt start spinning much, but I believe that is because I was in a dive. I also realise theres no way I can prove it unless u wanna download the demo file, so you will have to take my word for it

Thanks for the feedback, oh, and thanks for the irrelevant spam yuckfou
Try GameCam. From what I hear it's less of an FPS killer since it caches what you do and then records it so you play in real time and its saving it to your HD in the background.

Another way that may be obvious is to overclock your videocard. And if you have an nVidia card you can set the drivers up to set image quality "Performance" settings and all sorts of filters that increase FPS. For me, the difference between quality settings on drivers + High settings in BF2 and Medium settings in BF2 and Performance driver settings is gigantic (when recording). And incase I'm telling you something you don't know (hey, ya never know) www.tweaksrus.com have great custom nVidia drivers.

And if at all possible, having your footage saved to a different hard drive than what BF2 is on will help a lot also, but a partition doesn't count in this case.

I like first person because we get to see what you did. Plus, like I said, if you pull off a crazy shot and show it in first person then the replay in battlerecorder, its all the better.

Last edited by SlightlySto0pid (2006-12-21 05:04:23)

-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6581|Melbourne, Australia.
Veeeeeeery nice music +1 for that.
Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK
Loved the vid.
magzy
+11|6752
Thanks for the help / criticism, and especially for the kind words. I must admit I was expecting to get alot more "omg n00b learn to play / fly / edit" .
Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK
I like it because you obviously didnt go for the really good shots, maybe your not the best gunner out there, but you put the movie together very well with the editing and the recording.

The gameplay was made a lot better by the editing etc.

9/10
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
Good job with the video, I just couldn't tell who got those kills, so it was a little confusing. Also I pilot a lot, but almost never solo, so those physics aren't known too well to me but I can see what you meant about the dive. Anyways very nice, how long did it take for you to get all the footage.

Also I wouldn't recommend Gamecam, I would use FRAPS or continue to use BR and just get closer shots of everything, some of the stuff was a little too far away to see.
magzy
+11|6752
yeah. I know what you mean about hard to see, its easier to see whats doing on in the filefront download. I found it hard using BR because theres no rewind function (to my knowledge) so i had to watch it through, then try and remember where to put the camera at the right times, and try to predict where the action would move to, if you get what I mean.

It took me quite a while to get the footage, but BF2 isnt my main game, its just a little bit of fun really. It might have taken maybe a month to get some decent footage. But I will probably only play ~3 times a week, and not really any longer than 1hr in a day lol. I get really frustrated with bf2 very easily. Lots of people camping chopper pad (hypocritical, i know). baserape, etc etc :S

Im also suprised how no1 has mentioned the jet shot, which missed, went straight passed the jet, then it all exploded, lol.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
About the jet shot, that's just the BF2 hitboxes, happens all the time. I'm about to release a video, with plenty of clips of stuff going straight through jets and choppers.

Oh god do I know what you're talking about in BR. An absolute bitch to get anything from, you have to go through the whole round 2-3 times to get all the stuff you want usually.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard