12/19/2006     12:41 A.M.     ARRIVAL SCAN
BALDWIN PARK,
CA,  US     12/18/2006     11:52 P.M.     DEPARTURE SCAN
    12/18/2006     9:51 P.M.     ORIGIN SCAN
see any discrepancies?
chittydog
less busy
+586|6834|Kubra, Damn it!

Nice. I have problems with UPS almost every single time I use them. I paid for overnight shipping once and took the day off to wait for my new computer. It was Friday afternoon and apparently the guy wanted to go home early so he pretended that no one answered the door. I called & bitched at the supervisor who promised someone would bring it over.

Monday night the guy finally showed up. My wife was next door and WATCHED him fill out a "sorry we missed you" note, then crumble it and toss it in the shrubs without even knocking or ringing the doorbell. She ran after him and he lied his ass off about leaving the note, saying we must have not seen it. Anyway, I ended up paying for overnight shipping and getting it four days later. The manager took sides with the driver and wouldn't even apologize.

UPS FTL!!!
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6774
Dude, don't even get my started on FedEx. I ordered a new bass and a week after it was supposed to arrive I checked to see they had failed 6 days in a row because they said my address didn't exist. I had to go to the damn warehouse myself to get it.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6518|Adelaide, South Australia

chittydog wrote:

Nice. I have problems with UPS almost every single time I use them. I paid for overnight shipping once and took the day off to wait for my new computer. It was Friday afternoon and apparently the guy wanted to go home early so he pretended that no one answered the door. I called & bitched at the supervisor who promised someone would bring it over.

Monday night the guy finally showed up. My wife was next door and WATCHED him fill out a "sorry we missed you" note, then crumble it and toss it in the shrubs without even knocking or ringing the doorbell. She ran after him and he lied his ass off about leaving the note, saying we must have not seen it. Anyway, I ended up paying for overnight shipping and getting it four days later. The manager took sides with the driver and wouldn't even apologize.

UPS FTL!!!
Thats grounds for a lawsuit, that is.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6570|USA
i've never had a problem with fedex.

ups takes alternate, completely backwards routes (as evidenced above) just to hit the "3" day mark so as not to give me anything free. i get shit early with fedex.
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I live within a few miles of a main Northwest UPS hub.  around here they seem to do a good job.  there are always going to be little hickups and problems no matter what the carrier.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Ender2309 wrote:

why?

ups wrote:

SYLMAR,
CA,  US     12/19/2006     9:26 A.M.     ARRIVAL SCAN
VERNON,
CA,  US     12/19/2006     7:27 A.M.     DEPARTURE SCAN
    12/19/2006     7:21 A.M.     ARRIVAL SCAN
SYLMAR,
CA,  US     12/19/2006     6:33 A.M.     DEPARTURE SCAN
BALDWIN PARK,
see any discrepancies?
Did you call. (12 yr employee, 6 year Driver here)
Shit happens especially this time of year. Don't think this is limited to UPS.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-12-20 01:56:58)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6370|Pittsburgh, PA USA
C'mon now I've used UPS every time I have a choice & have never once had a problem. Well, one time I paid for overnight & got 2-day but the company I ordered the stuff from is the one that gave me the refund. They have schedules & plans for a reason, as gay as that sounds. The guy that drives my route even stops & bullshits with me for a minute or two, since I got my dogs he's been bringing them treats everytime too.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

MagikTrik wrote:

C'mon now I've used UPS every time I have a choice & have never once had a problem. Well, one time I paid for overnight & got 2-day but the company I ordered the stuff from is the one that gave me the refund. They have schedules & plans for a reason, as gay as that sounds. The guy that drives my route even stops & bullshits with me for a minute or two, since I got my dogs he's been bringing them treats everytime too.
yeah UPS guys are interesting guys to talk to, I use to work for UPS and unload all of the trucks that ups guys brought. Any who a lot of packages get thrown around on the conveyor belt so a lot of packages get damaged people who are unloading don't care only when supervisor walks around they would unload nicely or more gently. In addition UPS does not have any special way of unloading or loading the boxes to the trucks or semi trucks its mostly manual don't know how it is with other competitors.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6673|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Our version in the UK is City Link, they know we close for dinner between 1-2 yet still try delivering, ourselves and our suppliers who use City Link have told them this in writing.  I dont get the good I need for work, next day they try same time then dont even bother to tell us or the people I purchase off that I need to now go and collect.

When you do go to collect you have to wait 20 mins before some shit comes to ask if your being seen to.  Seems like were being seen to well and truly if you ask me.

In the UK a lot of couriers have slapped an £18 fuel sur-charge due to fuel increases even though fuel prices have dipped recentley, so for eg,  £14.99 usual cost, now with an added £18 on top.  Double that for $ dollar's.

https://www.city-link.co.uk/images/_cl/cl_start_image.jpg  << Bandits
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

blademaster wrote:

MagikTrik wrote:

yeah UPS guys are interesting guys to talk to, I use to work for UPS and unload all of the trucks that ups guys brought. Any who a lot of packages get thrown around on the conveyor belt so a lot of packages get damaged people who are unloading don't care only when supervisor walks around they would unload nicely or more gently. In addition UPS does not have any special way of unloading or loading the boxes to the trucks or semi trucks its mostly manual don't know how it is with other competitors.
I'm sure the have roller sections in the Cache hub..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6570|USA

Kmarion wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

why?

ups wrote:

SYLMAR,
CA,  US     12/19/2006     9:26 A.M.     ARRIVAL SCAN
VERNON,
CA,  US     12/19/2006     7:27 A.M.     DEPARTURE SCAN
    12/19/2006     7:21 A.M.     ARRIVAL SCAN
SYLMAR,
CA,  US     12/19/2006     6:33 A.M.     DEPARTURE SCAN
BALDWIN PARK,
see any discrepancies?
Did you call. (12 yr employee, 6 year Driver here)
Shit happens especially this time of year. Don't think this is limited to UPS.
nah, i didnt call. wasnt worth it. the parts are getting here today, and seeing as its my xmas presents from my folks, i can't even use them until monday. what sucks is that i'm probably going to be the one to take the package inside. *cry*
Home
Section.80
+447|6847|Seattle, Washington, USA

Hmm, odd. At least in my area, I would never even consider using Fedex over UPS. Every time I've used UPS they come on the right day and the same reliable time. Fedex, on the other hand, you have to be home at 2 in the afternoon to get your package and if you aren't there they make you drive down to their warehouse.
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine
When I got built my computer, the box my tower was in was all bent and mangled. There was also a small chip out of the plexiglass window, but as it was a cheap case I'm not sure if that just came that way (being a cheapie) or if the UPS guys screwed it up.

I had my video card shipped with Fedex...I didn't want to blow 150$ for a paperweight.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
Ups picks up product daily from my shop. Not one botched delivery in 100's of packages.
Fedex lost a package worth $400.00 within the first 20 packages i shipped.
It was insured. I got a check for the full value, my customer got screwed and had to wait for me to do over, and I got the original package back 3 months later, lol.
Des.Kmal
+917|6617|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
ups > fedex.

in my area at least.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6626|Pittsburgh, PA
There are shitheads in every walk of life...(for those of you who don't already) just wait until YOU have to play babysitter to these invalids at your place of employment.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Des.Kmal wrote:

ups > fedex.

in my area at least.
As an employee and stock holder I thank you..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
l41e
+677|6647

In my area (Northern Virginia), neither is exactly great.

UPS: I order an MP3 player. It never arrives. (This was a year ago.)
FedEx: I hear "vroom" outside. I see a FedEx truck driving away hurrily. I open the door. There's a "no one was home, pick it up at the warehouse lols" tag. 'Scuse me, but you didn't even bother to knock on the door.

Edit: For me, both have a 90% or better track record.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-12-20 12:37:30)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

DHL
Brasso
+1,549|6629

Kmarion wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

ups > fedex.

in my area at least.
In my area, FedEx wins.  But I can't say anything about other areas. (Such as the South )
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

stryyker wrote:

DHL
never used DHL

but at my parents business we use both services bc of all the packages and we use UPS on out going packages - havn't had a problem *knocks on wood *   yet   
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

haffeysucks wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

ups > fedex.

in my area at least.
In my area, FedEx wins.  But I can't say anything about other areas. (Such as the South )
In all honesty it depends on the driver. Fedex ground drivers own their own route so they seem to have a bit more slack. Although I have seen both ends of the scale at UPS. Some drivers bust it out and get it done while others have me pity their customers. I am injured now but I can tell you this time last year I was making over 300 stops a day.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6402|Alberta, Canada

chittydog wrote:

UPS FTL!!!
That son-of-a...
Sounds like something that would happen to me.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6529|Boston, MA
I never had a problem with FedEx. The only time I even had anything shipped by them, it got here by the sepcified time within a half hour of what the tracking info said on their site. I think it's just that you might've ordered something from Amazon, Amazon just has THE worst shipping of all time, but then again they get millions of orders so it's kind of hard to blame them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard