_-_911_-_180891
+540|6511|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Is it it worth getting for christmas? I would love to recieve it from Santa . So is it worth it?

Cheers,
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6650|Deep In The South Of Texas
I've got the G11(G15 minus the LCD) and it's pretty damn good.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6402|The Gem Saloon
im looking at getting that, i just ordered a new mouse the other day so now im lookin at keyboards....ordered a logitech MX618 or something like that...............
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6554|Doncaster, UK
I'd be interested to hear people's views on this keyboard vs. a basic keyboard as well. My wife's finally given me permission to buy one if I want and now I'm allowed I need to know it would be worth it.
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6604|Bellmawr, NJ, US
It's cool, but you're not missing anything without the LCD.  It comes with a few pre-loaded mods.  The rest you have to get yourself.  Most of them are third party mods and don't fully work.  The BF2 one is pretty cool though.  The macro part doesn't work in BF2, so don't buy it if that's your motivation to get it.

Regular keyboard-wise, it's pretty nice.  Soft keys, and the backlit keys are pretty.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51
G-15 is a cool gaming board, got it myself...the LCD isn't really that wonderful, it can display some things but don't expect to much out of it, the quickmacro's are pretty handy if you are lazy, but I can't seem to get them working in BF2 though, the backlight is ultra sweeet just looks cool..its only a tad larger than your average keyboard..
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6554|Doncaster, UK
Is there any news on the reports that the new patch for 2142 includes G15 support?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Is there any news on the reports that the new patch for 2142 includes G15 support?
Do You mean if it actually lets you display somethings on the LCD in 2142 or just play with it in 2142?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6554|Doncaster, UK
I mean when the beta of patch 1.10 was released someone reported that it had a built in applet for the G15 LCD display. Does anybody know any more about this?
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6702|The Ville
I'd say. The g-15 has an awesome small screen on it that shows time ram and some game stuff like ammo left. I've had mine for almost a year coming 12-25-06 and I say that it is worth it.

https://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/images/products/mlrg/A0785822.jpg

Last edited by Obiwan (2006-12-19 08:19:19)

CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine
Now, who actually looks down at their keyboard to see how much ammo they have? :-/
Bahiti
Respect! Give it .. Get it!
+55|6656|Land of =KBK=
Well I got it a couple of weeks ago and installed the TS mod for it.  Sure helps when I hear new player and can actually see who is coming in.  It's got some nice features like the back light but like mentioned above it's mainly for looks.  Other than you can't see the keys unless it is lit.  I haven't tried any of the macros nor do I think that I will.  I  mainly got it for the ease of use and the TS display.  I hate alt tab to see who joined especially since my team pretty much all sound alike and I can't figure out who is there LOL
Swiss
+20|6553
I have it, cannot get macros to work in BF2 either. ANyways there are lots of mods out there that are nice. One mod i found nice was the msn messenger mod, displays a conversation while you're in game, helps when using fullscreen application to know when you're being talked to, by who and what they're saying. Media keys also come into handy, you can pause, stop, play, and switch to next/previous tracks without having to view the application playing your music (this works on itunes and media player). Then the g keys on the right are great too, it helped clean my desktop alot. I just use them to start firefox/internet explorer, xfire, itunes, limewire etc...really handy.
So i think it's worth it, great for when you're a little in the dark. There's also a nice switch that helps you switch the keyboard to "gaming mode" this ensures that in the event you'd pressed the windows button while in a fullscreen application, it won't actually work, so you stay in game. Oh and you can turn the lights off too.
Worth it.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6554|Doncaster, UK
You make a very good point, I hardly ever look at my screen to find out how much ammo I've got (which generally leads to me surprising someone, firing one bullet, and then looking a tool while I reload right up to the point where they stick a knife in my eye).

I do like the sound of the TS applet though. It'll be worth it for that, and the fact that it appears to be a very good keyboard.

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-12-19 09:24:39)

Swiss
+20|6553
oh it has 2 usb ports on it as well, so you can stick in some other things, i have my mouse and joystick hooked up. but they're not powerful enough for say, a hard disk.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6647|Montreal, Qc, Canada
So i just saw your topic, i called my mom right after reading the frist post that actually _-_911_-_180891 have wrote, and tell her:

>>> ME: Mam i know what i want for chrismas
>HER: what?
>>> ME: A G-15 Keyboard
>HER: What is that?
>>>ME: Its a keyboard for hardcore gamer like me ...
>HER: She laugh... How much it cost?
>>>: Over 60$
>HER: Okay i will pick up tonight after your work and we will go at futurehop and look for it
>>>ME: Okay , Thx youuu

So i actually have my christmas gift so THANK YOU _-_911_-_180891  loool

Last edited by Andoura (2006-12-19 09:50:15)

seb--morin
Im high
+152|6648|Montréal, Québec

Andoura wrote:

So i just saw your topic, i called my mom right after reading the frist post that actually _-_911_-_180891 have wrote, and tell her:

>>> ME: Mom i know what i want for chrismas
>HER: what?
>>> ME: A G-15 Keyboard
>HER: What is that?
>>>ME: Its a keyboard for hardcore game like me ...
>HER: She laugh... How much it cost?
>>>: Over 60$
>HER: Okay i will pick up tonight after shcool and we will go atBest buy and look for it
>>>ME: Okay , Thx youuu

So i actually have my christmas gift so THANK YOU _-_911_-_180891  loool
HAHAHAHAH nice job, but u should 've ask the Saitek Eclipse!!!
swedge
+23|6467|haggis hill
i have the g15 aswell, got it a few weeks ago and it is brilliant, i use a program called miranda and it lets me connect to all my messengers and chat while i play bf2 or any other game.  i tried a few macros on single player and they do work but having to look down and see which g key ure pressing can get you killed so i dont use them while gaming.  i have the teamspek and ventrillo mod aswell and they are good. xfire has a built in function but its pretty crap as you cant reply or send a message to anyone but you can read messages and see who is online.  i just bought a G5 mouse aswell and they are a great combo
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6379|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Like everybody said it's a really nice keyboard by itself, the extra keys to the left can be useful if you set them up right but the LCD isn't really all that important. I used it to get used to peoples voices on TS & to play Rainbow Six with but that's pretty much it.
It would be more beneficial for you to get a good mouse if you don't already have one though.

As far as the G15 compared to all the other keyboards I've used (I go through a keyboard 2 or 3 times a year) I'd give it 9/10
gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6609|Warwickshire, England
I have the G15 too and I think it is a great keeyboard. The only con I have found with it is that it is bigger than a standard keyboard due to the G (macro) keys on the left, oh and also the price!

If you want a future keyboard you should all check this out...

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6650|Deep In The South Of Texas
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6636|Muenster, Germany
I love my G15

There's is a mod for the LCD-display and BF2142 !
I forgot the address, but it's easy to find in the www !
swedge
+23|6467|haggis hill

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

$1200 for a keyboard?!? o_0

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/29/opti … u-read-th/
i clicked ure link and i got about 5 popups then my firefox closed, anyone else lol
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6814|The planet Tophet
what would be a good mouse im thinking the G5 but im not sure its pretty expensive....im gonna get the g11 for the comp im building   
to post above ^^ i tried it and it worked fine and i use FF

Last edited by *TS*tphai (2006-12-19 12:44:48)

Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6700|England
Glad everyone is giving it the thumbs up, mine is arriving tomorrow

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard