Horse
+14|6565
Ok heres the deal, i`m after some up to date opinions. I`m moving to my new house next month and i`m after a laptop that can run BF2 on high settings, wireless option would be a plus if the bitch is watching the telly but if she ain`t i`d like to hook it up to the telly (50" Panasonic Viera HD Plasma). Also any opinions on a good BF2 mouse would be appreciated. You guys seem to know your stuff so if you can help me choose i`d be really grateful. Cheers
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6559|UK

Price range?

Martyn
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85
MX518 for the mouse, G7 if you want wireless. Price range is a must, but probably at least $1500 if you want it to run BF2.
spud924
+12|6462|The Sticks, WA, USA
laptops are $ if you want to run bf2. the main problem is the graphics cards in them
Horse
+14|6565
I`m thinking maybe upto £1500 but i suppose it comes down to "bang for buck" really
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6398|New York

spud924 wrote:

laptops are $ if you want to run bf2. the main problem is the graphics cards in them
very true. my friend has an alienware laptop, and his graphics card crashes all the time.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Horse
+14|6565
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6511|Houston, TX
If you want to run BF2 on a laptop, on all high....you are looking at several thousand US $.  You can get a laptop (like mine) that will run pretty well on medium/low for around $1500 USD.
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6537|Panama
This is going to get quite expensive man!
jcurts
+25|6375|Coventry, UK
If you are going dell, get one with a gaming card, like the GeForce with 512 video at least, so you take as much processing load as you can from the main processor.

1 or 2 gigs of ram.

I have an M65, 256mb video quadro 350m , 1gb 667 ram, centrino duo at 1.66ghz. I run bf2 at medium specs. but from time to time it crashes to desktop.

My advice, 512 in video, 1 gigs in ram, 2ghz processor, or more.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6559|UK

Really need a price range buddy, theres no sence in us saying ALX alienware laptop's if you cant stretch that far .

Though for a gaming laptop you are looking at atleast a grand.  If your in the UK I suggest looking at these guy's,

http://www.rockdirect.com

I had one (since defunct) and was very pleased with it.

Martyn
motherdear
+25|6661|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
if you live in Europe i would strongly recommend you to look at www.zepto.com. it's great value for the money and their customer support is one of the best, the design of the computers are also realy great. my laptop can run 2142/bf2 on medium/high with no problems and i have a setting that cost me 1000£.

my settings:
screen:                15.4" WXGA+ Glare screen 1280x800
cpu:                     intel dual core T2300    1,66ghz on each core
ram:                    1x1024MB DDR2 PC5300 - 667MHZ
harddisk:             60GB 7200omdr. SATA Hitachi
wireless:              Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG 54Mbit
system:               Microsoft® Windows® XP Home DK
extra battery:      High Performance 9 Cell (2x25W) 70% more batterytime
graficscard:         nVidia Geforce Go 7600 256MB graphics
outgoing:            4 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x Firewire, 1 x VGA out
                         Sound in- and out, 1 x TV-Out
sound:               5.1 sound card

and some accesory
Zepto Backpack Pro

but you can get better gpu's and we also have a high vat here in denmark, and i needed my computer to be a school/gamer/multimedia computer so i took this one. so what i'm trying to say is check them out they got some nice stuff for the value and they got a wide selection of laptops.
Horse
+14|6565
Good advice. What are your opinions on these?

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstor … hs1&l=
en&oc=n12xps7a&rbc=n12xps7a&s=dhs&sbc=ukdhsrsinspn_xps_m1710_1&fb=1&vw=classic

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstor … vw=classic
OmniDeath
~
+726|6653

my laptop has a 2.16 ghz dual core cpu, 2gb of ram, and a 256mb video card and i can still only run it on medium

you had better go all out if you want to play it on high. also remember that bf doesnt have widescreen support yet and most new laptops are all widescreen. not a major issues but it can get annoying.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard