sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6749|Argentina

artofsurvival wrote:

I realise that Hitler was a bad man, but look at this way, how many other people do you know that achieved what Hitler did? I still despise the man for the Holocaust etc, but he still achieved a great deal? Correct me if I am wrong?
You are wrong.  If you make a poll about "5 persons in history you despise", Hitler would win.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Nelson Mandela.
Tony Benn
Gordon Brown (I don't like him, but you've got to admire what he's done for the economy)
Bill Clinton
Borris Johnson (For making me laugh more than any other politician ever)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

What happened to this old post:

sergeriver wrote:

Order the following 20 persons according to the respect/admiration/despise you feel for them, in descending order (place first the one you respect/admire the most and so on).
It was so much easier choosing out of the names you provided rather than trying to think of specific live politicians deserving of respect.

Kmarion wrote:

The respect for Fidel is amazing. Admiring a violent policy of intolerance and repressiveness truly boggles me.
People just think it makes them sound cool.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-12-18 07:10:56)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6749|Argentina

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

What happened to this old post:

sergeriver wrote:

Order the following 20 persons according to the respect/admiration/despise you feel for them, in descending order (place first the one you respect/admire the most and so on).
It was so much easier choosing out of the names you provided rather than trying to think of specific live politicians deserving of respect.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=57452

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

The respect for Fidel is amazing. Admiring a violent policy of intolerance and repressiveness truly boggles me.
The fact that you don't respect him, doesn't mean others shouldn't.  Bill Clinton is probably the politician I admire the most, and I didn't name him because it would make me sound cool, since a lot of persons here think he doesn't deserve respect.

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-12-18 07:16:29)

artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6349|the Great British Queendom :)
sergeriver - "You are wrong.  If you make a poll about "5 persons in history you despise", Hitler would win."

I realise that most of the world hates, despises, disrespects Hitler (I do myself), but what I am saying is that there are few other people from history that achieved what he did, he brought the whole of Germany together in the belief of Nazism, it was people that influence him to kill, irradicate Jews, Ethnics and anyones else that they disliked, take Goering for instance? Today he is only remebered because he was the person that killed thousands of people, correct, but it was against his natrual instinct. His commanders where the people that wanted ethnic cleansing, I can't remember what it was called but it was an offshoot of nazi more radicule, much like the Jihads off today. We also learnt a lot from what Hitler did, or did we? Why was Saddam Hussien Expelled? Why do we have wars in Iraq, Afghanistan? Is this not a sense of ethnic cleansing? They have no western Ideaology so we invade them!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

sergeriver wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

The fact that you don't respect him, doesn't mean others shouldn't.
Gee, that's great. The fact that you respect him, doesn't mean that others should.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

<PoliticianRespectList />
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6579|sWEEDen
Respect for politicians? I have none left over for them...all they do is sit and talk all days evetually doing nothing...oh wait...that sounds kinda familiar...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Gough Whitlam, Australia
Fidel Castro, Cuba
Nelson Mandela, South Africa

Amazingly I couldn't think of any more after those 3. Why is it that so many politicians are totally devoid of morality? Why does power corrupt like it does?
Fidel? Thousands of Cubans have died just trying to flee.
They should put a little bit more effort into their rafts. Fidel himself said that if they want to go then let them.
Understood, but one has to wonder how much respect the Cuban people have for him when they risk life and limb to escape Castro and his Communist regime.

This is just today http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/newsw … gboat-key/
Long Boat Key is only about 40 miles south of me. I think thats a new record for the most northern drop.

TAMPA - The group of 25 Cuban refugees who landed on Longboat Key set a new record for the northern-most “dry-foot” landing of sea-faring refugees who made it to U.S. soil, according to police and federal officials.

The Cubans told officials that the smuggler dropped them off in the water so the boat “didn’t have to come too close to shore, which can be dangerous,” McDonald said. “We had several people die on the East Coast because of that issue.”

I think immigration officials are going to allow them to stay. It was one hell of an effort..lol
Wet foot/dry foot means in a year they can apply for citizenship.

You can watch the news story here.
http://www.tbo.com/video/xml/MGBI8QK0VVE.html

Also admittedly, I may have a slant on this considering I have many Cuban friends, most of who had their relatives leave Cuba for reasons of discontent.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-12-18 11:03:36)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6749|Argentina

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The fact that you don't respect him, doesn't mean others shouldn't.
Gee, that's great. The fact that you respect him, doesn't mean that others should.
Of course not.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6638
How many of these respect/despise threads do we need!?

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/5093058210le8.jpg

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-12-18 11:03:53)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6641
George Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfield, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6749|Argentina

artofsurvival wrote:

sergeriver - "You are wrong.  If you make a poll about "5 persons in history you despise", Hitler would win."

I realise that most of the world hates, despises, disrespects Hitler (I do myself), but what I am saying is that there are few other people from history that achieved what he did, he brought the whole of Germany together in the belief of Nazism, it was people that influence him to kill, irradicate Jews, Ethnics and anyones else that they disliked, take Goering for instance? Today he is only remebered because he was the person that killed thousands of people, correct, but it was against his natrual instinct. His commanders where the people that wanted ethnic cleansing, I can't remember what it was called but it was an offshoot of nazi more radicule, much like the Jihads off today. We also learnt a lot from what Hitler did, or did we? Why was Saddam Hussien Expelled? Why do we have wars in Iraq, Afghanistan? Is this not a sense of ethnic cleansing? They have no western Ideaology so we invade them!
I still don't get why Hitler deserves respect.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

artofsurvival wrote:

So I am confused, are we supposed to respect Hitler for manipulating the German people in the belief of Nazism? Or are we supposed to respect him because he was manipulated into doing unatural acts, such as murder by the millions? I'm sorry but I respect a person who has morals. Someone who would stand up to "his commanders" and say that is unacceptable. It is true there was much learned. But am I supposed to thank the criminal who broke into my house for convincing me to buy better locks? If it weren't for pieces of shit like that we would not need locks.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6767
How do you respect Jimmy Carter... he was one of the worst presidents of all time.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6562|United States
The Red Stripe Ambassador.

That's about the only one... Hooray political figures!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6749|Argentina

Sgt_Sieg wrote:

How do you respect Jimmy Carter... he was one of the worst presidents of all time.
Because they told you so?  Read the work he does every day, if you don't respect that, well I don't know what you respect.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6767

sergeriver wrote:

Sgt_Sieg wrote:

Because they told you so?  Read the work he does every day, if you don't respect that, well I don't know what you respect.
Because that made no sense, I'm going to assume you're saying that the stuff he does now is respectable. If so, I'll look into it.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Jimmy Cater
Bill Clinton
Mikal Gorbachev
Nelson Mendela

And pre-Iraq Tony Blair
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6625|USA
Karl marx

is my numero uno. You have to give him credit for atleast trying to create something good. Its not his fault everyone fails miserably at enacting communisim.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

Naughty_Om wrote:

Karl marx

is my numero uno. You have to give him credit for atleast trying to create something good. Its not his fault everyone fails miserably at enacting communisim.
But he's dead.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6625|USA

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Naughty_Om wrote:

Karl marx

But he's dead.
but his idea lives on.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

Macca wrote:

Erm...

Hans Blix.
messmessmess17
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
+54|6545|london, enlgand
george dubya bush