Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6447|North Carolina

lowing wrote:

Ahhhhhhhh to live in a country where they serve EVERYONE ELSE'S "political interests" except their own citizens interests....................What might be the name of this magical country? Fantasyland perhaps? What is wrong with the US looking out for itself if every other country does it as well? Is the problem that, we do it better??
The War with Iraq may have served the military industrial complex's interests, but it didn't serve mine or the average citizen's.  Considering we've spent $400 billion on Iraq in the last 3 years and the country is basically experiencing a civil war, do you honestly believe it has served America's interests to invade?....

lowing wrote:

The thoughts that the US is interested in protecting US interests is sickening, wouldn't you agree? By the way, check your quality of life, and your freedoms at the door, I wouldn't want you to be accused of hypocrisy by enjoying your health wealth and security at the expense of the poor ME peace loving victims.
I'm not safer because we invaded.  I'm also not wealthier either, since the major deficit spending for this war has threatened our currency value.

I'm not a victim, but you can't expect me to agree with the whims of defense contractors that only care about making more profit at the expense of my tax money.

Since you're in the military or at least connected to it, I understand your viewpoint.  If I was a soldier or a defense contractor, I might feel more happy about what's going on because of the influx of funds toward an industry that I'm part of (war).  However, since I'm a civilian who has no connection to the military, I see most of this as a waste of money.

So, yes, you have corrected my previous statement.  Removing Saddam was not in America's best interests as a whole, but it was in the interests of the military industrial complex, which virtually runs our government at the moment.
PussCat
+2|6487

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

The British government never believed Saddam Hussein posed a threat to British interests.
I am sorry, since when did British interests, and Brits never BELIEVEING he was a threat, dictate how the US took care of a problem in the middle east, all I know him as is a Genocidal maniac who needed to be removed for the interests of the middle east, Im sorry, I like the people of Britian, but I could give a rats ass about British interests when I see pictures of children needlessly being gassed, executed and raped by his "army", The United States has no regrets toppling him.

Edit. and yes I am quite aware the Brits are helping the US over there, Ive met them and a large majority of them are more highly motivated than many US troops.  Thanks to the US, and all European troops helping us.
Are you saying that the current state of affairs is "in the interests of the middle east"?  If so, you really need to look at what's happening there.  It's not pretty and there's no end in sight.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6571|Global Command
I think that the West wanted to demonstrate that one result of attacks on the u.S. would be chaos in the Middle East.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6693|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ahhhhhhhh to live in a country where they serve EVERYONE ELSE'S "political interests" except their own citizens interests....................What might be the name of this magical country? Fantasyland perhaps? What is wrong with the US looking out for itself if every other country does it as well? Is the problem that, we do it better??
The War with Iraq may have served the military industrial complex's interests, but it didn't serve mine or the average citizen's.  Considering we've spent $400 billion on Iraq in the last 3 years and the country is basically experiencing a civil war, do you honestly believe it has served America's interests to invade?....

lowing wrote:

The thoughts that the US is interested in protecting US interests is sickening, wouldn't you agree? By the way, check your quality of life, and your freedoms at the door, I wouldn't want you to be accused of hypocrisy by enjoying your health wealth and security at the expense of the poor ME peace loving victims.
I'm not safer because we invaded.  I'm also not wealthier either, since the major deficit spending for this war has threatened our currency value.

I'm not a victim, but you can't expect me to agree with the whims of defense contractors that only care about making more profit at the expense of my tax money.

Since you're in the military or at least connected to it, I understand your viewpoint.  If I was a soldier or a defense contractor, I might feel more happy about what's going on because of the influx of funds toward an industry that I'm part of (war).  However, since I'm a civilian who has no connection to the military, I see most of this as a waste of money.

So, yes, you have corrected my previous statement.  Removing Saddam was not in America's best interests as a whole, but it was in the interests of the military industrial complex, which virtually runs our government at the moment.
All that was needed t owin this war was a unified country and not the turn coat liberal democrats that endorsed the war then "changed their mind" when they saw the political ground they could gain by denouncing it. You know it and I know it.......The real victims here are the soldiers in the field
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6732|Tampa Bay Florida

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

MajorHoulahan_MASH wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

It demonstrates a lack of morals and principles and a shocking level of hypocrisy.
+1 for Cameron Poe

Thread reopened.
You do realize that CameronPoe's post was completely negated by Kmarion's, right? That was the reason for the "thread over". Yet you try to be clever and say "thread reopened"? You've only succeeded in looking like a dumbass.
So what dude?

We don't have to freaking listen to you.  I hear you calling everyone in the D+ST forum whiny little kids, yet you get pissed when someone responds to a thread which you declared to be over?

I think you're the one who's succeeded in looking like a dumbass.  No offense.

You don't own this forum...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6447|North Carolina

lowing wrote:

All that was needed t owin this war was a unified country and not the turn coat liberal democrats that endorsed the war then "changed their mind" when they saw the political ground they could gain by denouncing it. You know it and I know it.......The real victims here are the soldiers in the field
I disagree.  The liberals screwed up by supporting this war in the first place.  If the Democrats had stood united against Bush, we might not have even ended up in Iraq.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6732|Tampa Bay Florida

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I think you're the one who's succeeded in looking like a dumbass.  No offense.

You don't own this forum...
Actually read the posts that you're defending. Kmarion was right. Simple as that. No need to get all pissy and jump on the defensive.
I'm not getting defensive, I'm calling you out.  I don't care if Kmarion was right or wrong, you're the one getting pissed because someone else "reopened" a thread that you single handedly declared "closed".
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6814|PNW

IG-Calibre wrote:

Britan Britain never thought Saddam was a threat & warned US of Chaos
CHAOS! CONSUME US!

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/EmblemR.jpg
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6784|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

I disagree.  The liberals screwed up by supporting this war in the first place.  If the Democrats had stood united against Bush, we might not have even ended up in Iraq.
Look one thing is very clear, Bush was going to attack Iraq. Either for his own personal vendetta, or, oil reasons, whatever excuse he could get to legitimise an attack was going to be used, 9/11, WMD, whatever.  Blair obviously gave him further means to justify it. The question is however the validity of the information which was being used as the basis to justify the attack.  Both here and in America our leaders told us they had "incontrovertible evidence" that Iraq had WMD & Chemical weapons, and, more to the point could & would attack the UK in under 45 minutes once the decision was taken.  Now no democrat or opposition politician is not going to support the President/Prime Minister if this is true - the point is that the evidence to support these claims were complete and utter bullshit.  Now George W and the Neo Cons have a get out of jail card because they say they had no reason to doubt the validity of the evidence Britain had unearthed, or, should I say downloaded form the Internet?

So what can be said? well In Britain when Blair was telling Parliament and the people he had this evidence to justify going to war, the rest of his foreign office were saying - hang on a minute this is not what we believe to be the case, and, the only man who could shed light on this supposedly incontrovertible evidence "commits" suicide before he can be examined about it, yet, in private conversations he had with the British Fist secretary, prior to his death, he was not of the opinion that the 45 minute threat or Chemical weapons/WMD  existed!

Now that this information that has come to light it doesn't have any consequences for Americans; other than the President can't say "oh we didn't expect this current situation to arise when we toppled  the regime" when according the the British foreign office they were briefing the President that this is exactly what would happen.  However the consequences are graver for Blair.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard