reefl3x
+72|6428|United States
I knew this day would come, when the game would simply lose its golden value.
But after 800 hours of play, what can I expect, eh? Today joining a Gulf Of Oman server I was almost done loading when I had this weird feeling, and the feeling pretty much told me BF2 as lost what it once had. SO I exit, wait for unloading resources for 5 minutes (lol) and exit the game all together.

Now this is not to blame on server admins, or the game itself or any other reason, but more so just getting tired of playing it. I've never played a game this long. But I sit here thinking back to everything i've done in the game. Its sort of stomach turning really, thinking about everything i've done in the game. How many people i've met, and the clans ive joined, as well as the e-fights in global chat where it was nothing but endless mother bashing & calling each other a fag 60 times during the round, good times...

Can anyone relate? Like its just reached that time when you've lost pretty much all interest in it?
I find myself trying to find interestes in it, literally trying to find a reason to play, and I cant. I doubt the Booster packs would do much.

Today is indeed a sad day for BF2.
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6629|Philadelphia, PA
I know how you feel. I haven't played BF2 in over a month. I doubt I'll be playing it again anytime soon.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6664|Montreal, Qc, Canada
yea i had that feeling some times 2.... i open the game , load the map, and close it loool but someday it comes back and i enjoy playing it !!!

well lets say it, BF2 is a fkn good game!

nway R.I.P ur account lool !!!! youll probably play again soon

Last edited by Andoura (2006-12-15 23:58:25)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6545|Adelaide, South Australia

Andoura wrote:

yea i had that feeling some times 2.... i open the game , load the map, and close it loool but someday it comes back and i enjoy playing it !!!

Stop! Grammar Time!

Grammar Nazi Corrections! wrote:

Yeah, I get that feeling some times as well... I open the game, load the map, and close it. But some days it comes back and I enjoy playing it!

Well lets say it, BF2 is a f**king good game!

Anyway, R.I.P your account! You'll probably play again soon

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2006-12-16 00:01:42)

reefl3x
+72|6428|United States

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Stop! Grammar Time!

Grammar Nazi Corrections! wrote:

Yeah, I get that feeling some times as well... I open the game, load the map, and close it. But some days it comes back and I enjoy playing it!

Well lets say it, BF2 is a f**king good game!

Anyway, R.I.P your account! You'll probably play again soon
For some odd reason just looking at your sig reminds me of the movie "Just Friends"...
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

reefl3x wrote:

For some odd reason just looking at your sig reminds me of the movie "Just Friends"...
I've never seen that movie, although the guy who made my sig (Sarrk) may have, and based it off that.
reefl3x
+72|6428|United States

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

reefl3x wrote:

I've never seen that movie, although the guy who made my sig (Sarrk) may have, and based it off that.
I concur, although Just Friends is a sentimental Love comedy filled with laughter & humor, so i'm probably insane, but your sig sent the movie Just Friends flying into my head. Sort of like in the TV show Scrubs, where JD has many random thoughts about stuff in no way related to the plot. Sorry im simply rambling now, sorry.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

reefl3x wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

reefl3x wrote:

I concur, although Just Friends is a sentimental Love comedy filled with laughter & humor, so i'm probably insane, but your sig sent the movie Just Friends flying into my head. Sort of like in the TV show Scrubs, where JD has many random thoughts about stuff in no way related to the plot. Sorry im simply rambling now, sorry.

you derailed your own thread!
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6732|Alaska
wow wierd, im watching that movie right now
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6449|NL-NH-DH

reefl3x wrote:

Can anyone relate? Like its just reached that time when you've lost pretty much all interest in it?
I find myself trying to find interestes in it, literally trying to find a reason to play, and I cant. I doubt the Booster packs would do much.

Right at this moment reefl3x is playing... LOL

OliTz is playing Wake Island 2007 on Wake Wake Axxium! 24/7

I see you are over it already
Archer
rapes face
+161|6450|Canuckistan
Eh, sure, same happened with me on Halo CE... after playing it for 3 years non stop, that is.
And by non stop, I mean no other online multiplayer game.

You'll come back though, they all do.

I still play Halo from time to time... had a good night yesterday being driver in 'hog battles, hehe.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6556|Boston, MA
Never had the feeling, and I don't think I ever will. I don't get tired of games until there's just nothing to really do in them or if I really find something a hell of a lot better. I played Team Fortress Classic for over 1000 hours and finally stopped playing when I got BF2. Now this is pretty much the only game I play. I still play Team Fortress a little on occasion, but I just think BF2 is a lot better.
Chuckles
+32|6573

reefl3x wrote:

I'm not sure if I can enjoy it any more myself now that I know you won't be playing anymore.  I might as well uninstall and throw the disk away.  It truly is a sad day when reefl3x doesn't want to play. 

DAMN YOU EA!!!  You couldn't hold reefl3x's attention constantly for years and years on end!!!!  He's pushed away from the console!!!!  What are the rest of us to do?  Don't you know that reefl3x's entertainment is the only reason we play this game?  How can you have botched your entire purpose in life so badly.  reefl3x has given so many people a reason to game, if not a reason to live.  The very story of his life and times of BF2 has been recorded in sonnet, song, and interpretive dance.  Thousand page essays have been written about single rounds he's played against bots.  reefl3x is our Alpha and Omega. 

I'll be spending the rest of the day in sack cloth and ashes, curled up in a fetal position, and pondering whether life is worth living.  If you don't hear from me soon, you'll know what happened.....

Seriously now: 

142 hours in the space of a little over a month?  I'm SHOCKED that you're a little burned out.  And then someone posts up thread that you're playing again just a few hours after you were despairing how the game is too boring. 

Nobody cared when you started playing.  Nobody will care when you quit playing.  Don't start threads about either.

Last edited by Chuckles (2006-12-16 10:55:23)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6663|Wigan. Manchester. England.
I quit playing when 2142 came out. I had a go the other day, i had to get used to it again because the gameplay is so different.

Also it seemed i was gettin loadss more points lol.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6620|Iceland
1.41 make u wanna Quit BF2, 1.12 and 1.03 is the shit

Last edited by [n00b]Tyler (2006-12-16 11:02:23)

-Gunsmoke-
+165|6661|South Jersey
You just stopped playing now?  Wow, I only play a couple times per week now.  Used to play every day.
Swiss
+20|6571
I get bored quickly...Look some mods up, maybe battleracer or the project reality mod. Makes it different, same happened with css for me, then i found a surf mod (lol) but it kept my attention a little longer.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6716|Tampa Bay Florida
People get bored quickly I think because they play the game too much w/o taking breaks.  Last summer I'd switch from playing CoD2 to BF2 about every 2 weeks, and it never got boring.

Only reason I dont play BF2 anymore is because I got sick of the god damn FPS lag
Entertayner
+826|6596

You'll be back soon Guaranteed.
MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6410|San Jose CA.
I haven't played it for a over a week now, But I'll start playing it soon....
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6754|Honolulu, HI
Took a 5 month break and just started playing again...I get to finish what I started and become Captain Capt_Kefra

I think once in awhile, especially after really bad rounds, our mindsets regarding BF2 get a little sour and we need to take some time off from the game.  In my case, more than a little time.  But most of us come back, for whatever reason.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6647|Gold coast, Aus.
Roll back a few patches to THE golden days of Bf2. Not because of the dolphin diving, but the game was so much more...Fun.... Actually, i might do that now

edit: pfft, effort. Might just stick with 2142. Its not that bad.

Last edited by gene_pool (2006-12-16 21:22:21)

Chief_(OwNaGe)
+46|6470
I have days like that sometimes. It's sort of wierd when I take a break for awhile and I come back...I will do really well.
|Mu|2dEr|
+8|6393|Louisiana
lol yep he played today.. also this is a double post.. he posted this on his OliTz account.... yay for dead kittens olitz
JaggedPanther
+61|6500
Yes, I feel that way too. once in awhile.

But to tell you the truth this is the longest I played per game. usually I get tired of multiplayer games within 4 - 5 months. Single player games = a few days.

It's just normal to get tired of a game. But BF2 has enough content (ie:awards, badges and ribbons) to have kept my interest longer than normal.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard