CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6626|The View From The Afternoon
It seems COD4 is in the making, and the producers has now turned to the present battlefields.
I think it sounds great, and only hope for a good online multiplayer game, preferably ranked as in BF2

Source: http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=36100

A reliable source close to the Call of Duty development teams has revealed not only the existence of Call of Duty 4, but vital details surrounding the game as well, including the fact that it will be based on modern combat.

According to our source, Call of Duty 4 will be developed by Infinity Ward, the developer behind the first and second installments. The three-way deal established between Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Activision states that Infinity Ward will develop all even numbered titles while Treyarch develops the odd numbered games, such as Call of Duty 3. Treyarch did develop Call of Duty 2: Big Red One as well, however.

As aforementioned, Call of Duty 4 is said to step away from the war torn locales of World War II, instead focusing on the battlefields of present day. It is unknown if it will take the same path as Electronic Arts’ Battlefield franchise, placing the spotlight on the Middle East.

The source compared Call of Duty 4’s technical achievements to other games saying that while most shooters have two or three critical points on the head, Call of Duty 4 has 16, saying that you can shoot the side of an opponent’s helmet to make it spin on their head, or knock the helmet clean off. Supposedly you will even be able to shoot an enemy’s ear off.

Although Call of Duty’s single player has always been a mainstay of the franchise, the multiplayer is certainly something to write home about. Our source has said that there have been multiplayer bouts with 54 players. PC gamers will be happy to know that they will be able to join the action once again, as Infinity Ward is supposed to be bringing Call of Duty 4 to the PC as well as consoles. Call of Duty 3 is only available on consoles and eventually the PSP.

https://www.neowin.net/images/news/logos/gamers_callofduty.jpg
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.
When did Call Of Duty 3 come out?...
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6595|Ghost Town
It is out. But only for Playstation 2 and other consoles.
malarkeycoon
+16|6610|Cardiff
Sounds quite cool. It just sounds like bf2 with more fancy graphics though.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
Call of Duty 3 will be introduced to my x360 in approximately 11 days
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Fuck consoles, PC ftw!

I look forward to this, Call Of Duty always had the best balance IMO, Cylinder of fire > cone of fire.

In other words, if you could keep your SMG ironsight steady over the enemy every single shot will hit, since the bullets go where the ironsight is aiming. CoD2 was kindof annoying in that way though, too accurate .

Bolt rifles were always my fav because one torso shot was a kill with them.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6507|Chicago

PBAsydney wrote:

When did Call Of Duty 3 come out?...
Probably like a month ago.

The CoD3 multiplayer is a LOT like BF2, in that there are different kits, such as Light Assault, Heavy Assault, Medic, etc. The weapon layout is very much the same: Light Assault gets an assault rifle, Heavy Assault gets a machine gun, Medic gets a rifle. Heavy assault drops ammo, Medics drop first aid... It's incredibly similar.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6490|Adelaide, South Australia

PBAsydney wrote:

Fuck consoles, PC ftw!
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
From what you've heard, how many of you would buy this game?

I sure would.. Sounds awesome
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

I would like to see some trailer and if my PC would make it to play that game... I am curious
[BAC]Gunfire
+28|6337|BeLgIuM
i would buy it but only on PC because a shooter an a console ...
I think it doesn't work that good the gameplay on PC is much better, aiming with a mouse is much easyer than with a controller. Pc has for shooters the best articles to play but  for the consoles you can also buy an mouse and keyboard but then the prices will go up and the consoles have an advantage in other games like racegames or so
anyway I would surely buy the game when it comes out.

Guuny
Entertayner
+826|6541

Yay!
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
The game is probably miles away from being finished, maybe sometimes in 2007..
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6790
it will suck. games that are developed for both console and pc tend to have the advantages of neither and the disadvantages of both. [see CoD2]

look elsewhere for your next-next gen FPS fix.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

Krappyappy wrote:

it will suck. games that are developed for both console and pc tend to have the advantages of neither and the disadvantages of both. [see CoD2]

look elsewhere for your next-next gen FPS fix.
Maybe they've learned from their mistakes?
Its too early to judge yet, personally I think the COD series tend to own.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6790
i loved CoD. then they went and made WW2halo with the sequal, which was -100 karma.

then they did console-only release for CoD3, which pretty much killed it for me.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
Well let's hope for the both of us that CoD4 will be back on track again, I think the fact that the developers are now looking to present battlefields is a good sign. There are too many WW2 games out there, It's starting to get old. We already know that COD4 is coming for PC..
[KS]RECON
+35|6532|E 2/351 Camp Anaconda

CruZ4dR wrote:

Well let's hope for the both of us that CoD4 will be back on track again, I think the fact that the developers are now looking to present battlefields is a good sign. There are too many WW2 games out there, It's starting to get old. We already know that COD4 is coming for PC..
I agree with CruZ4dR and absolutely loved CoD1, but really the same old stuff over and over again is getting kind a boring, nooooo I am wondering when the game development companies will wake up and start looking outside the box and may be create something different (personal thought) ... may be like WWI (old tanks, one shot rifles, bayonets, gas grenades, trenches, etc) or may be Napoleon's War/Civil War/Pirates/Knights/Wild Wild West/I don't know

Last edited by [KS]RECON (2006-12-13 06:27:44)

CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

[KS]RECON wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

I agree with CruZ4dR and absolutely loved CoD1, but really the same old stuff over and over again is getting kind a boring, nooooo I am wondering when the game development companies will wake up and start looking outside the box and may be create something different (personal thought) ... may be like WWI (old tanks, one shot rifles, bayonets, gas grenades, trenches, etc) or may be Napoleon's War/Civil War/Pirates/Knights/Wild Wild West/I don't know
Haha Yeah I know what you mean, but right now I think modern combat is the way to go. But still, there are many ways of combat to feature.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Not until they get stats and vehicles.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

Can't wait. I love games like Battlefield 2, so this will hopefully be another game to add to my list. Thanks for the link btw.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6658|UK

malarkeycoon wrote:

nothing wrong with that. nothing beats modern day imo. none of this fancy 2142 shit
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

E7IX3R wrote:

malarkeycoon wrote:

nothing wrong with that. nothing beats modern day imo. none of this fancy 2142 shit
2142 ftw tbh
BF2 ftw tbh
COD2 ftw tbh

How can u compare WWII with a modern combat ?
How can u compare WWII with a futuristic combat?
How can u compare modern combat with a futuristic combat?

u know wut i mean right?
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

rabee2789b wrote:

E7IX3R wrote:

malarkeycoon wrote:

2142 ftw tbh
BF2 ftw tbh
COD2 ftw tbh

How can u compare WWII with a modern combat ?
How can u compare WWII with a futuristic combat?
How can u compare modern combat with a futuristic combat?

u know wut i mean right?
You can compare it by finding out what's more fun
Also by the graphics, and I have the feeling that COD4 is gonna be top-class.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

CoD 4 will never be like a Battlefield game.  It's all infantry.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard