Australia*|AAC|*
+2|6772
I was playing in Iconz #3 Karkand 24/7 No Viechles. I accidently spawned with an M16 rather than my more favoured G36E of L85A1 yet still managed to go on a fair killing spree. But when I looked in the top left corner it said Me[G36E]Unfortunate Person Lying on Ground rather than Me[M16]Unfortunate Person Lying on Ground

https://www.ecloner.com/photo/img/ff25825bb4b537cec35367ad0be93031/screen242.png

https://www.ecloner.com/photo/img/cd92c60be4b72c289cc3359e3597a73e/screen243.jpg

Anyone else had a similar glitch happen to them?

-=UF=- Australia*|AAC|*
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6487|Melbourne

I have, but i was armed with a PKM, and it was saying J-10 killed them, quite funny to watch i was on US mind you to.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
ozzie_johnson
+98|6658|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
maybe its a skin glitch???
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6640|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
hmm.... interesting... this very well may be same thing that happened with that automatic m16......
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6403|Alberta, Canada
I remember a while ago where every time I killed someone with an L96, it said I killed with a scar-L. I had no idea what that was about.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6463|A W S M F O X
I remember one time i shot pilot out of heli with M95, said id shock paddled him!
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6494|Sydney, Australia
Yep, the same happens if you end the round with just say a G36E, and you start a new round and switch teams, your previous medic weapon will become the stock medic weapon for the team you've chosen, but whenever you kill someone it'll say you G36E them. It's just one of the many many weapon tags related bugs in BF2, for example sometimes when you are critically wounded and you go and select a different kit, when you are revived you have the kit you just selected; and this new one which I have found to appear more and more: when you revive a team mate his body will look like it doesn't have a weapon, except he can still shoot and everything. It's really annoying to see an enemy who looks like they don't have a weapon, and smiling derisively at them, and suddenly they head shot you with an AK.
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6537|Las Vegas
Happened to a squadmate of mine last night, he had picked up my L85, but his kills were showing with AK101. Which was gun that I had picked up when he revived me.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6645|Ohio

Vub wrote:

Yep, the same happens if you end the round with just say a G36E, and you start a new round and switch teams, your previous medic weapon will become the stock medic weapon for the team you've chosen, but whenever you kill someone it'll say you G36E them. It's just one of the many many weapon tags related bugs in BF2, for example sometimes when you are critically wounded and you go and select a different kit, when you are revived you have the kit you just selected; and this new one which I have found to appear more and more: when you revive a team mate his body will look like it doesn't have a weapon, except he can still shoot and everything. It's really annoying to see an enemy who looks like they don't have a weapon, and smiling derisively at them, and suddenly they head shot you with an AK.
yeah, that weapon switch and then revived with a new weapon happens to me fairly often. Its actually extremely useful.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA

R3v4n wrote:

I have, but i was armed with a PKM, and it was saying J-10 killed them, quite funny to watch i was on US mind you to.
Well that's a good way to up your aviator ratio.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6649|Norway
Often when i defib people it says [f35b], but thats when i`ve been in a jet earlier the same round
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6454|USA
I chose the ak101 on karkand, and yet I had a g36E in burst fire mode. Only problem is, it said I killed them with an ak101, and I was holding an g36e according to my friend

Last edited by elite.mafia (2006-12-30 18:12:38)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard