silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6422|San Antonio, TX
In just the last week I have seen...

Catillary hack
Artillary hack
Commander with invincible hack on Great Wall
Squad of aimbots (confirmed it with just about everyone else on my team, one guy kills three of us on a roof top with one magazine when I'm prone and out of their site)
People on a server with minimum amount of players needed for game to start just sitting in armor trying to get their armor ribbon
TheBelcorwyn
The Man With the Golden AK
+21|6640|Gainesville, FL
I've been playing BF2 since it came out, and I've never come across a hacker.  I've seen plenty of glitching, but never a hacker.

What I have come across are boatloads of noobs who think one guy taking out three people with one clip is a hacker, etc.

lynxlyran wrote:

IMO there are 3-4 in just about every round on any map. 24/7 maps have more and Kark 24/7 maps are overrun with them. I just switch teams and get on their side, then it doesn't bother me as much.

Can't beat 'em, can't prove they are doing it, might as well join 'em.
Hackers don't plague this game--Noobs do.

Bel

Last edited by TheBelcorwyn (2006-12-12 12:26:01)

Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6572

Only hack I've ever witnessed (that I know of, if not the other guys had shitty hax) was on Wake. Artillery literally stopped for 5-10 seconds, then started again.

(On the carrier)

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2006-12-12 12:31:05)

TheBelcorwyn
The Man With the Golden AK
+21|6640|Gainesville, FL

MagikTrik wrote:

I'm just sayin, I get pissed when I get accused of cheating because all you have in this damned game is your ability to own people, thats what makes it fun, if someone thinks your cheating it kind of takes away from the fun.
...Which is exactly why I LOVE it when people call me a hack!

Stupid little smurfs.

Bel
kilgoretrout
+53|6470|Little Rock, AR
seriously, get on youtube and search for 'bf2 hacks.'  in the first place, the fucked up colors would drive me out of my mind.  who would want to play like that just for some stupid numbers to be stored in a database somewhere?  also, i've seen videos of aimbots, and the aimbots suck.  i shoot way better than any aimbot video i've ever seen, and my accuracy is 29.8%, which definitely isn't the best in the world.
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6551|The Land of Claywhore
I was visiting the =KOF= SF server today and the SAS commander was calling in supply drops one after another.
https://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/robo2012/hax.jpg

In the same round there was an SAS PFC that i stabbed 3 times in a row in his face and could not kill him.I didn't miss him either cause i could hear the stabbing sound.Not sure he was haxing but it sure pissed me off.

And no,they were not KOF members

Last edited by BrOk_MoRdU (2006-12-12 13:27:39)

MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6370|Pittsburgh, PA USA

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

I was visiting the =KOF= SF server today and the SAS commander was calling in supply drops one after another.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/robo2012/hax.jpg

In the same round there was an SAS PFC that i stabbed 3 times in a row in his face and could not kill him.I didn't miss him either cause i could hear the stabbing sound.Not sure he was haxing but it sure pissed me off.

I saw that supply crate inside once but I think it's just a bit of a gimp. As far as I know (meaning what i was told) too there isn't any hack that makes you invincible so when you stab somebody & they turn around & shoot you it's just bad coding. Isn't that the worst though? You put so much effort & sneak up on someone & stab them just to have the guy turn around & kill you & think he pwnd you cause you tried to stab him & failed!
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6551|The Land of Claywhore

MagikTrik wrote:

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/robo2012/hax.jpg

I saw that supply crate inside once but I think it's just a bit of a gimp. As far as I know (meaning what i was told) too there isn't any hack that makes you invincible so when you stab somebody & they turn around & shoot you it's just bad coding. Isn't that the worst though? You put so much effort & sneak up on someone & stab them just to have the guy turn around & kill you & think he pwnd you cause you tried to stab him & failed!
Yeah,I hate when that happens.But as far as the supply drop hax,i was on the roof watching supply drops one after another fall from the sky.I mean like 3 seconds after one there would be another and another........
adv3rsary
+28|6715

Ender2309 wrote:

adv3rsary wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

=glitch, not a hack

granted, it still qualifies for cheating..but i think the aim of the thread is just hackers.
ok then how about bullets going up, past the wall, then curving down and hitting in the head everytime
not sure exactly what you're saying, but i think you mean they fire out of the top of the structure and kill you with a headshot?

they're probably just firing out of the walls...you can do that when you wall glitch.

although it is possible that they were hacking, but i i've just made my best guess based on the givens.
no i could actually see the bullets shot up (PKM) and curve down and hit me
Netsfear
+5|6441
Not read the whole thread but this is a point i think people forget about. After someone kills you, for normally 15seconds you see them, so if you're lucky and the camera angle is good, you see where they go, especially if they are at a spawn and are waiting for you. I saw exactly where this guy went and killed him when i spawned, accused me of hacking but pfft use your eyes... lol my 2pence!
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6706
I reciently went on a dragon valley server and I am sure the commander was hacking.  I was sitting there in an APC trying to take a base, when suddenly the server starts to LLLAAAGGG.  My view was flooded with 100's of vehicle drop notifications all pointing up.  I looked up and the sky was filled with vehicles all about to drop on me.
I shot down as many as I could, but when they hit the ground and started piling up on each other, they all blew up, killing me and my APC(which had been at full health).  For the resst of the game commanders would use vehicle drops like artillery with devastating effect.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
I doubt theres as many as people think, besides the obvious ones like cartillery, which in all my playing ive never seen once. Most of the time skill is mistaken for "hacks"
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

MagikTrik wrote:

Not to sound like a baby but you really should be careful putting people's PID's out there like that. When y9ou catch them on BR like killer did thats one thing but just guessing they cheat so you tell the whole world they do is kinda shitty. The 2 links I clicked aren't even really special stats, http://bf2s.com/player/17139150/ has 50% of his kills & 217 hours as Sniper, so what is his KDR is 6, if all I did was Snipe mine would be too.
Duuuude, look at the rest of the page! Do you really believe a KDR of 7 with the assault rifles is legit? 2s are already good (way above average), 3s are superior good players; and 4s would already be in 'hmmm' territory unless you know it's a top player's new account. Take the best of the guys here (as voted by others, mostly) and compare, even their second, or third, or fourth accounts are nowhere near this.

If you check, his sniper-rifle kills/time is 92 FFS! Even the best of the best snipers that we're aware of here can't do that, can't even get close. Jemme101 plays in a particular way to maximise his sniper-rifle KDR* and this consequently ups your apparent kill rate (since you're aiming for targets for a higher proportion of the time the gun is actually in your hands, without wasted time holding it while legging from A to B) and his is 'only' 48. To put this into some kind of perspective:
CitizenTwo, 25
Janis_Petke, 26
Books_DCDF, 28
plastic_budgie, 34
userbuzz6199, 34
[GDC]SinnFein, 37
soalfa, 38
Mj.Blindfisch, 38
ShellShock.PwN, 39
DirtRacer90, 39
Choozen, 43
the_black_rat(ss), 47
dont_be_ss, 47
-=|LEG|***|Weigon=-, 47
tahadar, 47
Chillin&Killin, 50
Wice^DK, 54
AzN_Cowb0y, 57
Nyte, 59
Clean.Sweap, 61
ChikyuuShoujoArujuna, has just peaked past 70.
(apologies to any of you good snipers out there I left out, these are just the names I could think of)

Unless lucid713 is the best in the world (literally, not the way people usually mean it) he cheats his ass off.

*Just to show how not walking around all the time with the rifle can help (plus getting better with practice of course): this account up to July 1st, 25. From July 1st to now, 40.

sharpshot19 wrote:

nah...if someones hacking you'll know it. like last night me and a bunch of mates were playin on a karkand server and this dude (http://bf2s.com/player/47620081/) was aimbotin like a mofo....
That's one of the ways it's pretty likely to be sure. Totally pathetic stats, but in a game you were in they were doing so well you're suspicious, really suspicious? Unless the guy making the judgement is a complete noob of course more likely than not the other player was using a cheat of some kind... or maybe his brother, who's much better, was using the account

I've had the same certainty about 5 or 6 players like this in the past 6 months or so, where I've bothered to check after a game and they look like they could barely hit a Humvee much less get a running headshot at will.

Cbass wrote:

Most of the time skill is mistaken for "hacks"
That's true (you can get accused of cheating after a single shot !). But sometimes you're just sure; and I do know I was right a few times, one memorable game on Warlord this guy was stupidly getting max-range headshots with the SVD at targets on opposite sides of the map, in the space of maybe two seconds, and he was kicked a few minutes later by the admin after checking a screenshot.

-

Whilst checking stats for this post I came across this player http://bf2s.com/player/47495174/ check it out guys, worth a laugh. See the high SPM and great KDR? Now look at the gun stats ROFL

Now that's a vehicle whore.

Last edited by Todd_Angelo (2006-12-12 18:22:13)

Not
Great success!
+216|6576|Chandler, AZ
The thing is, BF2's aimbot isn't that good for a lot of reasons. Everyone complains about aimbotters but if you watch some of the videos of people hacking, compared to videos of people who are just good with infantry, you'd suspect the good player of hacking more than the actual hacker.

I won't get into the semantics of why BF2's aimbotting isn't very effective, suffice it to say, good aim hits the massively broken hitbox and compensates for the huge first shot random deviation better than an aimbot can.

The ONLY way to tell if someone is really hacking or not is to be in the rare position of flanking them, and being closer to them than the target they believe to be closest is. This makes them *FIRE FIRST* and *THEN* flip at an angle toward you.

Also, if a player has even decent aim, the wallhack is the part that people should be worried about. My god, if I could see everyone at all times, even with my slightly above average aim, I'd destroy people because I'd be able to follow the headshot all the way until I could take the shot. There would be no surprising me and I'd always have the jump on someone.

Don't accuse people of aimbotting, please. It's just so pointless, people that can aim do so much better than hackers in this game. Best aim I've ever been up against personally belongs to dynamic.cam and even had I not already known who he was before trading kills with him, I still wouldn't call him a hacker. He just aims better.

I've never gone right out and accused anybody of hacking, but in a recent match there were a few instances of the absolute most random grenades up the Sharqi TV Station stairs I've ever seen, coincidentally right into my face, up a floor and a half. Now I wouldn't accuse anyone of somehow aimbotting a grenade since that's just a ridiculous idea in the first place, but nobody saw me go up there, I was safe for over a minute, and out of nowhere a perfect nade hits me? Suspect.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6647|I smell corners

Simon wrote:

lynxlyran wrote:

IMO there are 3-4 in just about every round on any map. 24/7 maps have more and Kark 24/7 maps are overrun with them. I just switch teams and get on their side, then it doesn't bother me as much.

LMAO, I lol'd
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6689|London, UK

MagikTrik wrote:

Not to sound like a baby but you really should be careful putting people's PID's out there like that. When y9ou catch them on BR like killer did thats one thing but just guessing they cheat so you tell the whole world they do is kinda shitty. The 2 links I clicked aren't even really special stats, http://bf2s.com/player/17139150/ has 50% of his kills & 217 hours as Sniper, so what is his KDR is 6, if all I did was Snipe mine would be too.
I'm just sayin, I get pissed when I get accused of cheating because all you have in this damned game is your ability to own people, thats what makes it fun, if someone thinks your cheating it kind of takes away from the fun.
[google]http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5877709238825872286&q=lucid713[/google]
Sylvanis
+13|6635|Toronto, Ontario
I got accused of hacking while flying the USMC jet in fushee pass.  The pilot in the J-10 chasing me couldn't hit me, so he tried to get me booted for hacking.  I've never run into a hacker, that I know of, and only once caught someone using a wall glitch, who I was able to promptly knife.
lynxlyran
+15|6644

TheBelcorwyn wrote:

I've been playing BF2 since it came out, and I've never come across a hacker.  I've seen plenty of glitching, but never a hacker.

What I have come across are boatloads of noobs who think one guy taking out three people with one clip is a hacker, etc.

lynxlyran wrote:

Bel
heh, this defense for cheaters from a player whose fav map has the highest number of cheaters

look, if you have ever seen the commanders cheat, you have been playing with a guy who uses cheats. You think those ppl aren't also using no fog, wall hax, etc.?

Ppl who say there are no cheaters either cheat themselves or are too stupid to be aware of them. Looking at your KDR and SPM I can be certain that you are not too stupid to be aware of them.
basetballjones
+30|6748

TheBelcorwyn wrote:

lynxlyran wrote:

Bel
Ummm-

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=BF2+hacks
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=BF2+hacks

I could follow up with several more, or refer you to the punksbusted archive for several of the blatant hackers we have submitted.. but I am lazy, and it would almost be like trying to convince someone that the sky is blue, while they are staring right at it.

Let's just say hypothetically that some clans will have a member or more join a hack site to find out once and for all what the real deal is.. let's say hypothetically, that said clan put on a lan game and tested these hacks..
Let's theorize that the while the clan saw the potential for the hax to be very powerful, they didn't make an already skilled player much better than he was, and only made a rookie a little better than he aspired to be.
Wow, you can see me through a wall, now do something about it.. see what I mean?

Like I said, hackers present themselves ingame as slightly above average players.. they bought the hacks to make up for their shortcomings, and still are only an average player.  This is not CS,  you are not going to see someone walking around like god on steroids in a BF2 ranked server like you will in other games, it's just not possible with the way EA handles the game data.  At best you get hax that bend the game rules to their fullest with cvar and client hooks, but in the end the server/client handling of things like health, ammo, player kit, etc.  makes it virtualy impossible to totally break those rules.

Nope.. most of the hackers we have visually confirmed/reported with PB screeners have been very substandard players that exhibited either aimbot behaviour, commander hack behaviour, or nofog behaviour..
and also like I said, once you know what to look for, you can't miss it.

And yeah, there have been times when i storm a flag and take out 3-4 enemies and get accused, so i can see it from your point.  A lot of skill and a little luck can make you look suspicious to most, especially newer players.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA

lynxlyran wrote:

TheBelcorwyn wrote:

lynxlyran wrote:

Bel
heh, this defense for cheaters from a player whose fav map has the highest number of cheaters

look, if you have ever seen the commanders cheat, you have been playing with a guy who uses cheats. You think those ppl aren't also using no fog, wall hax, etc.?

Ppl who say there are no cheaters either cheat themselves or are too stupid to be aware of them. Looking at your KDR and SPM I can be certain that you are not too stupid to be aware of them.
I don't think he's defending h4xorz, he's saying theres more noobs who cry h4cks than actual h4xorz in the game.

H4xorz plague CS, not Bf2.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-12-13 09:01:34)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6752|Toronto, ON

Todd_Angelo wrote:

MagikTrik wrote:

Duuuude, look at the rest of the page! Do you really believe a KDR of 7 with the assault rifles is legit? 2s are already good (way above average), 3s are superior good players; and 4s would already be in 'hmmm' territory unless you know it's a top player's new account. Take the best of the guys here (as voted by others, mostly) and compare, even their second, or third, or fourth accounts are nowhere near this.

If you check, his sniper-rifle kills/time is 92 FFS! Even the best of the best snipers that we're aware of here can't do that, can't even get close. Jemme101 plays in a particular way to maximise his sniper-rifle KDR* and this consequently ups your apparent kill rate (since you're aiming for targets for a higher proportion of the time the gun is actually in your hands, without wasted time holding it while legging from A to B) and his is 'only' 48. To put this into some kind of perspective:
CitizenTwo, 25
Janis_Petke, 26
Books_DCDF, 28
plastic_budgie, 34
userbuzz6199, 34
[GDC]SinnFein, 37
soalfa, 38
Mj.Blindfisch, 38
ShellShock.PwN, 39
DirtRacer90, 39
Choozen, 43
the_black_rat(ss), 47
dont_be_ss, 47
-=|LEG|***|Weigon=-, 47
tahadar, 47
Chillin&Killin, 50
Wice^DK, 54
AzN_Cowb0y, 57
Nyte, 59
Clean.Sweap, 61
ChikyuuShoujoArujuna, has just peaked past 70.
(apologies to any of you good snipers out there I left out, these are just the names I could think of)

Unless lucid713 is the best in the world (literally, not the way people usually mean it) he cheats his ass off.

*Just to show how not walking around all the time with the rifle can help (plus getting better with practice of course): this account up to July 1st, 25. From July 1st to now, 40.

sharpshot19 wrote:

nah...if someones hacking you'll know it. like last night me and a bunch of mates were playin on a karkand server and this dude (http://bf2s.com/player/47620081/) was aimbotin like a mofo....
That's one of the ways it's pretty likely to be sure. Totally pathetic stats, but in a game you were in they were doing so well you're suspicious, really suspicious? Unless the guy making the judgement is a complete noob of course more likely than not the other player was using a cheat of some kind... or maybe his brother, who's much better, was using the account

I've had the same certainty about 5 or 6 players like this in the past 6 months or so, where I've bothered to check after a game and they look like they could barely hit a Humvee much less get a running headshot at will.

Cbass wrote:

Most of the time skill is mistaken for "hacks"
That's true (you can get accused of cheating after a single shot !). But sometimes you're just sure; and I do know I was right a few times, one memorable game on Warlord this guy was stupidly getting max-range headshots with the SVD at targets on opposite sides of the map, in the space of maybe two seconds, and he was kicked a few minutes later by the admin after checking a screenshot.

-

Whilst checking stats for this post I came across this player http://bf2s.com/player/47495174/ check it out guys, worth a laugh. See the high SPM and great KDR? Now look at the gun stats ROFL

Now that's a vehicle whore.
Well, my test account is 89 kills/time

STFU_Account check it out.  It would way higher if it weren't for me using a pistol.  I just use pistol to embarrass spec-ops/assault players.

66% at 89 kills/time at 2.5 W/L at 2.5 KDR = own.
Alpha as fuck.
Barrakuda777
+86|6736|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
OOOhhhhh whats my Kill/time please???   

BarrakudaSSS

And nyte....  66% at 89 kills/time at 2.5 W/L at 2.5 KDR != own = ok .....

49% at 73 kills/time at 2.2W/L at 7.15KDR = own.

Kooda

P.S. Angelo, i want on the list !!

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2006-12-13 11:38:49)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6752|Toronto, ON

Barrakuda777 wrote:

BarrakudaSSS

49% at ? kills/time at 2.2W/L at 7.15KDR = own.

Kooda

Your sniper rifle kills/time is 57.7.
Alpha as fuck.
Barrakuda777
+86|6736|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

Nyte wrote:

Barrakuda777 wrote:

BarrakudaSSS

49% at 73 kills/time at 2.2W/L at 7.15KDR = own.

Kooda

Your sniper rifle kills/time is 73.
BOO, surely too low! - http://bf2s.com/player/82705675/
Ah well...

Kooda

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2006-12-13 11:48:35)

MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6370|Pittsburgh, PA USA

bullit wrote:

MagikTrik wrote:

[google]http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5877709238825872286&q=lucid713[/google]
I publicly apoligize for defending that guy (even though I was really trying to defend him) I just hate being called a hacker because then you get these awesome kills on people & they just say "ya well your hacking" & it's gay. But I'm sorry, you guys were right.

btw, what's kill/time?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard