ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6709
Thrilling.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Sooooo, he wants to give blind people guns?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6828|Delaware
https://files.myopera.com/Bj%c3%b8rk/albums/69824/thumbs/Dont%20care.jpg_thumb.jpg
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6486
Only in Texas can you:
Carry a shotgun prominently displayed on your shotgun rack in your truck.
Shoot first ask questions later.
Allow blind people hunting licenses.

Last edited by ncc6206 (2006-12-11 13:55:41)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6374|Columbus, Ohio
"We have a saying in Texas, that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/choice2000/art/bushhome.jpg

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2006-12-11 15:01:32)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6452|The Land of Scott Walker
Legally blind folks can still see, just not good enough to operate, for instance, a vehicle so no driver's license.  But with a laser sight, they may be able to aim accurately with assistance.

Who cares if someone carries a shotgun in the gun rack of their truck.  It's more likely a rifle anyway if they own a ranch in Texas.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6758|Chicago.
I've never known a vision impared person to want to hunt, but hey, it is Texas.

I say let them, and if someone gets killed, the blind person is to be held responsible. No defense stating that it wasn't their fault. They made the decision, while perfectly aware of their imparement, to operate a firearm. So to jail they will go. Then I'd be happy.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6549|Texas - Bigger than France
How is it that 23rd Century technology is only limited to blind people?

Damn, I want to shoot something with a laser!
GATOR591957
+84|6634

Stingray24 wrote:

Legally blind folks can still see, just not good enough to operate, for instance, a vehicle so no driver's license.  But with a laser sight, they may be able to aim accurately with assistance.

Who cares if someone carries a shotgun in the gun rack of their truck.  It's more likely a rifle anyway if they own a ranch in Texas.
I know what your saying.  They currently can have a "sighted" person spot for them now.  But, if you are legally blind, you are legally blind.  How is a laser going to help if you can't see where it's pointing?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6452|The Land of Scott Walker

GATOR591957 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I know what your saying.  They currently can have a "sighted" person spot for them now.  But, if you are legally blind, you are legally blind.  How is a laser going to help if you can't see where it's pointing?
That may be their point: a bright enough laser sight could help them determine where they are aiming more quickly.  But a laser that bright may be a weapon in itself.   Bzzzzzzz, got em. I'm sure someone would still have to spot for them, but as I said before, legally blind folks can still see, just not up to par with a "sighted" person.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6549|Texas - Bigger than France
I'm from Texas.  I do hunt...however for laughs:

Hunting for some is guns & beer.

Now blind drunk hicks shooting everything in sight?...............Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6401|The Gem Saloon
i lived in san antonio for six months...i love texas, its a great fuckin state.
im legally blind and carry a .45 with me all day....its fun, sometimes these blurs attack me but they dont get far because i put my 8 shots right into them.....
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6429|My room

usmarine2007 wrote:

"We have a saying in Texas, that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline … shhome.jpg
You live in Columbus...
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475
I'm going to avoid Texas now, I might soud like a deer and...
silentsin
+3|6705
i'll make sure to avoid taking a sunday morning stroll through the woods of Texas. and i'll also make sure not to frolic with those oh-so-playful deer

Last edited by silentsin (2006-12-11 20:23:19)

T0rr3nt
+54|6584|Michigan

usmarine2007 wrote:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline … shhome.jpg
lolz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

GATOR591957 wrote:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/11/D8LUS1100.html
As much as I am for legalized hunting, I just wouldn't participate in it if I was blind.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6767|San Antonio, Texas
I live in Texas and I love to hunt. There's nothing like homemade deer sausage, but I don't feel too comfortable with this new legislation. I believe they should also include in it that you must be on your own private property to hunt if your legally blind. (50+ acres preferably)
devilhammer
+16|6601|San Marcos, Texas

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

I live in Texas and I love to hunt. There's nothing like homemade deer sausage, but I don't feel too comfortable with this new legislation. I believe they should also include in it that you must be on your own private property to hunt if your legally blind. (50+ acres preferably)
Damn Straight!
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6556|Southeastern USA

Stingray24 wrote:

the best gunshop in town is run by a legally blind guy, he can see normally at a distance, but is completely fucked close up, he still shoots, and it's awesome to go to his shop and watch him id all his stock by touch.

"this is a k 98, here's a swedish made mauser...........

"this kimber competition .45 actions like it uses roller bearings"

he even posts his silhouettes at the shop, and every time i go in he has a different set, oh and he stays strapped at work, too

uzi's, tommy's, historic pieces, even a goldplated tiger-striped deagle
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6556|Southeastern USA

Pug wrote:

I'm from Texas.  I do hunt...however for laughs:

Hunting for some is guns & beer.

Now blind drunk hicks shooting everything in sight?...............Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!
<waits for downy to show up>
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6654|Peoria
I really don't understand the point of this controversy. The people can shoot legally. This is making it easier for them to do so. Where is the problem?
autopilot
banned
+115|6355

"I've seen this on TV before, when they're taking target practice," Kuempel said.
Somehow I have an even bigger problem taking Texans seriously now.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6717|Sweden
Let's nuke Texas!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard