gun.KingRat
+12|6699
After wasting another afternoon trying to fix BF2, I have pretty much decided to give up. Patch 1.41 killed this game for me. It is terribly choppy and constantly freezes up in game if I sprint or move near objects.

Has anyone here played either CS:S or RS? Not sure which one to buy. Any other popular FPS you could recommend would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6750

I really reccomend CSS.

It isn't a glitchy game.
Steam is a Great Program.
There is a really fun sense of Gameplay.
Quick Fun Rounds.
LOTS of Mods.

Good Time is Had By All.
Des.Kmal
+917|6627|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
css
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6726|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
I've played both, and my preference is definatly Rainbow Six.  Source is nice but it gets old pretty quickly.
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6715|Alaska
KingRat, whats up with GUN. these days?  you guys still play JO?
Ditsch
Need another Monster
+3|6602|Chandler, Arizona
I have only played CS:S and it is really good in my opinion.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6445|UK
i have played both

RavenShield QFT!

RvS owns CS:S end off

ravenshield there is a more tactical side of things, more weapons available to you, more realistic

far better maps

better game play

i still play that game even now

CS:S its just terrorists win or counter or i got 16 grand im gonna but my guns

well you get the idea.
Mafia47
+27|6750|Chicago
css x 100,000,000,000

i've never played rainbow six so i can't really judge that much but i've played cs since 1.5 (not that long but ehhh) and source is a lot better than anything else i've played besides 2142 or bf2.

Fast rounds
You can still have tactical elements in css (probley not as much as you can in rainbow six since its a tom clancy game)
zombie mod and gun game are really fun for something different
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6531
CS:S = shit

Crashes alot
Steam sucks COCK, its the worse client ever created
1 hacker or more on every server
idiot admins
AWP overpowered sniper whores everywhere

AKA CSS sucks donkey dick.
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6531

Jestar12345 wrote:

I really reccomend CSS.

It isn't a glitchy game.
Quick Fun Rounds.
LOTS of Mods.

Good Time is Had By All.
Also I feel the need to requote this.

It isn't a glitchy game. No, it crashes ALL the time
Steam is a Great Program. What have you been smokin?
There is a really fun sense of Gameplay. Everyone in CSS whines and screams OMFG NOOB I PWN U HARD LOLZ
Quick Fun Rounds. Quick Shitty Rounds of AWP whoreage and hackers
LOTS of Mods. Ill give it that. Gun Game Mod = Shit, Surf/RPG Mod = Shit, Zombie mod is decent though.
gun.KingRat
+12|6699

Dsp-CS- wrote:

We are a multi-gaming squad now. We have guys in about 5 games. Luckily, I appear to be one of the only ones in the BF2 wing that was affected by the patch.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6665|Brisbane, Australia

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

I really reccomend CSS.

It isn't a glitchy game.
Quick Fun Rounds.
LOTS of Mods.

Good Time is Had By All.

There is a really fun sense of Gameplay. Everyone in CSS whines and screams OMFG NOOB I PWN U HARD LOLZ
LOTS of Mods. Ill give it that. Gun Game Mod = Shit, Surf/RPG Mod = Shit, Zombie mod is decent though.
What, are you fucking retarded? I have only had CSS crash once, and that was because my computer doesnt like running games 38 hours straight.

Steam rapes over all digital distribution software, go use EA downloader or anything else that trys to imitate steam

Cant comment on hackers or noobs because they all live in America, thats a reason why Australia rapes all.

GG - I suggest you place all games you own in the microwave and consume the results.
Ice Cold Killa
+26|6453|Perth, W.A, Australia.
i recommend CS:S for these reasons.

1. you can run GFX all on high and not get lag (if you have a reasonable pc).
2. GFX even on low are leet.
3. heaps of people play CS:S but with rainbow 6 not very many people do
4. you will just have way more fun on CS:S
5. people make custom maps all the time so when a server is playing it the server will dload the map automaticly
6. in all my time playing CS:S i have never seen a bug or glitch.

Last edited by Ice Cold Killa (2006-12-10 15:46:12)

Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6445|UK

Sarrk wrote:

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

I really reccomend CSS.

It isn't a glitchy game.
Quick Fun Rounds.
LOTS of Mods.

Good Time is Had By All.

What, are you fucking retarded? I have only had CSS crash once, and that was because my computer doesnt like running games 38 hours straight.

Steam rapes over all digital distribution software, go use EA downloader or anything else that trys to imitate steam

Cant comment on hackers or noobs because they all live in America, thats a reason why Australia rapes all.

GG - I suggest you place all games you own in the microwave and consume the results.
and GB Rapes you as we own Australia
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6725|MoVal, Southern California
CS:S is a fun game... in my experience, having fun in CS:S means finding the right server to play in. There are TONS of servers out there... just make sure you look at the server info before joining because it shows you whether the players are human or bots. Steam has NEVER given me problems... ok, i have had to restart it a few times here and there, but only after completing a steam platform update.  Gameplay is fast and straightforward. A good map to start off with is de_dust2 because it is small and there aren't too many alternate pathways to get lost in. And if there are hackers in the server, don't let them discourage you and make you think the game sux. just find another server.

Rainbow six: Raven shield is an AWESOME game. A lot more tactical than CS:S when you play co-op mode with other people. i love the real-world weapons and the loadouts. The maps are always fun and you take things more seriously. I'll probably play more of RS6:RS more often when finals are done. If you like tactical games, definitely go for this game. Also consider SWAT 4 That game is really good.

for more info on the games, just go to pc.ign.com. search for the game you want a review on and it'll take you there. The reviews are well written and tell it how it is.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6850

gun.KingRat wrote:

After wasting another afternoon trying to fix BF2, I have pretty much decided to give up. Patch 1.41 killed this game for me. It is terribly choppy and constantly freezes up in game if I sprint or move near objects.

Has anyone here played either CS:S or RS? Not sure which one to buy. Any other popular FPS you could recommend would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
You really are one of those "special" people that need extra assistance.

CSS is so gay freaking like mini rounds and if you die at the beggining  you have to wait like 2-3 mins or more sometimes for the round to finish

Last edited by A-Unit64 (2006-12-10 15:59:13)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command

Dsp-CS- wrote:

Gun the western game? I loved it.

Rainbow 6 rocks.
I haven't even got 2142, and I just reached 20k on bf2.
I feel pretty done with the game.

Hmmn. Does that mean I should be done with this website?
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6698|London, UK
Counterstrike:Source
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6818|Marathon, Florida Keys

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

I really reccomend CSS.

It isn't a glitchy game.
Quick Fun Rounds.
LOTS of Mods.

Good Time is Had By All.

hahhahahahhahahaha funniest thing ive read all day +1

Yea, counterstrike is gay. It is where the team sits at a chokepoint and throws flashbangs and grenades at eachother.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6380|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Rainbow Six really is a great game despite all the criticism it gets, especially with the new one coming out in a few days, I'd wait for that if I were you. I have never played CS though so can't compare the two like some other people can. I love the Rainbow Six series & have been playing them since the original.
Not
Great success!
+216|6586|Chandler, AZ
CS:S ftw if you're not a complete noob, or playing against CAL-I teams lol. Just find a server with people of a similar skill level, learn what weapons are useful and how to use them, and have fun. The rounds are short so it's not a 30 minute ordeal. Very easy to just play a few rounds and walk away.

AWP whores? That's what your smoke grenades are for, anyone who complains that the awp is unstoppable simply doesn't know how to counter it. They probably got rocked by a solid awper and left crying.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477
play cs with the zombies. Regular cs is a bigger whorehouse than bf2 1.12.
gun.KingRat
+12|6699
Thanks for all the replies so far. One question- Can you bring up your sights in CS? In the clips I have seen, everyone appears to be shooting from the hip, even at distance.
Not
Great success!
+216|6586|Chandler, AZ
With some guns you can, others only have a zoom feature, and some have neither. But it doesn't matter much, it's all about learning your shooting styles with each weapon. And also, even though it's still a little flawed, the hit rego is about 100x better than bf2. So you might think you're running into "hackers" but if you play the game for a week and don't get discouraged, you'll see just how many headshots you get, and how potentially good some people could actually be without hacks.

I 1-deaged a guy through Long-A double doors three rounds in a row. And even I'll admit it, I'd call that hacking too. Was the luckiest 3 shots of my life....on the other hand, he did run to the EXACT same place every round and never tried to flash. But yeah I was laughin hard.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6571|Here.

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

I really reccomend CSS.

It isn't a glitchy game.
Quick Fun Rounds.
LOTS of Mods.

Good Time is Had By All.

Are you retarded? The only time CSS crashes on me, is very occasionally when I alt-tab during a map load. Steam is decent enough, never really had a problem with it. Hackers? Some. Probably less then you think. Gun game is decent, as is RPG.

Quite frankly, I think the only reason you dislike CSS is because you got raped hardcore cause you cant dolphin dive like a n00b.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard