Metaltop
+1|6764|The Netherlands
You want the Special Forces unlocks with Battlefield 2 without buying Special Forces?

Just let someone with Special Forces log in with your account, play for a round until he can choose the unlocks (if you have enough points for at least 1 unlock).

Let him unlock this weapons for you and you will be able to choose them with BF2.

I haven't seen any rule against this, so when you are too addicted to BF2 and you have a friend or anything that has the Special Forces expension,, and you have enough points (you probably will), to get a a unlock.
Ask them to unlock them for you.

Last edited by Metaltop (2005-11-25 14:54:33)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

cheater
Nebular
+1|6784
This is cheat, EA will see that now and they miraculously add a patch tomorow (1.1225695) and then all the servers will get patched and we'll have to dl 900 mo ! By your fault dude !

Last edited by Nebular (2005-11-25 15:21:00)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland
Very sneaky and cunning.
BUT you will never have the extra maps moehaha!
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6742|In your head
If EA catches this they could easily ban your account via CD key and delete your account.
ayb
+0|6756|Orlando, FL
on what grounds? i went to a friend's house to try out special forces and he didn't want me playing on his account because he's a statwhore.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
my mate played it at my house got the unlocks but they were not availible on his machine.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6777|Kansas, USA

ghostgr wrote:

If EA catches this they could easily ban your account via CD key and delete your account.
And they would catch this how? Seems perfectly legit to me. There's nothing in the licensing that states the game is tied to a user. In fact the game promotes the use of multiple users through the account system. Besides they would welcome people playing SF on their friends computer to hopefully encourage them to buy the game for themself.

Actually I'm surprised they have not provided a means for BF2 owners to get the SF unlocks. I actually see the potential for a class action lawsuit. Players that only have BF2 are now at a disadvantage to players with the SF unloacks. This creates a synthetic need to buy the expansion in order to get the same level of quality that existed before the expansion.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas
Looks like some found a good way to save $30.
Kommando
+0|6753|Brisbane Australia
AHA!  we have a smart one here.

for using your intiative you win an internet (batteries not included).

now, to find someone with SF.
swiftyy
+0|6748
isnt doing this the same as getting 1 SF and sharing it between friends? I know the CD links with the account, but you could technically just buy 1 SF and install it on multiple computers to get the unlocks no?
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6841
yes i did that as soon as it came out
Bloody Sky
+2|6845|Texas
Nice one.

But I like the new maps
I like the Grappling hooks and Zip Lines
I like Night Vision (sort of)

BUT:
I am the only one umongst my TRUSTED friends that have SF (Yes, I count myself as a friend)
I wouldn't want anyone to know my password, I use the same one for EVERYTHING (which.... is kind of not smart on my part)
I had to get SF the first day it came out at 10AM!
$30 is not that much money, in my mind.

Gah, I sound like a loser........
Rakasan
+7|6837|California, USA
Geez, it's only $30, plus you get new maps
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6786|Perth, Western Australia
I dont see anyhting wrong with it, but that said id rather shell out 40 bucks *the asking price in Australia) for the full experience.

Good job though on finding this out, the community needs mroe people like you to help those who wont buy it. (No I was not being sacrastic I actually meant it)
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6731|Rochester, NY
So anyone willing to do (it) for a fellow core BF2 player???

Last edited by BlackLegion42 (2005-11-26 07:30:26)

=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6768|Canader , eh?
Just buy the god damn game....cheap ass^'s
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

ayb wrote:

on what grounds? i went to a friend's house to try out special forces and he didn't want me playing on his account because he's a statwhore.
they don't need any grounds, it's their game. if they [i]do/[i] delete your account, I dare you to press charges and sue them. It'd make headline news and I'd love to see you explain to the Judge what the difference between the G36E and the G36C is.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland

Coolbeano wrote:

ayb wrote:

they don't need any grounds, it's their game. if they [i]do/[i] delete your account, I dare you to press charges and sue them. It'd make headline news and I'd love to see you explain to the Judge what the difference between the G36E and the G36C is.
Haha that would be funny .
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

Psycho wrote:

Actually I'm surprised they have not provided a means for BF2 owners to get the SF unlocks. I actually see the potential for a class action lawsuit. Players that only have BF2 are now at a disadvantage to players with the SF unloacks. This creates a synthetic need to buy the expansion in order to get the same level of quality that existed before the expansion.
LOL -- good luck with that one. Pft...
Metaltop
+1|6764|The Netherlands
It isn't against the rules too play Special Forces at your friends computer with your own account.
Thats what the accounts are for.

I've got Special Forces and I like it very much.
This is just some info for the people that don't have the money too buy SF or just want the unlocks for BF2.

Or else you can call me Dr.Evil and I will call you..... Mini-Me
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6777|Kansas, USA

chuyskywalker wrote:

Psycho wrote:

LOL -- good luck with that one. Pft...
I'm not saying that I would or would promote such an activity, but the law could be contrued to apply to such a situation.

Tie-in sales. The sale of one product on condition that a customer purchase a second product, which the customer may not want or can buy elsewhere at a lower price, is a tie-in. Requirements like these are illegal if they harm competition. A recent example: The FTC charged a pharmaceutical manufacturer with tying the sale of clozapine, an antipsychotic drug, to a blood testing and monitoring service.
By making unlocks availalble only to SF owners they have created a quasi tie-in for BF2 only owners. Again, not saying that I would condone such a thing, but I could see where this might happen. I have seen many other class-action lawsuits, especially int he computer industry, for things just as frivolous.
WHEATTHINS
+0|6728
Anyone got this to work?

Do you have to actually earn in Unlock point in SF to unlock the Tier2 weapon?  Also are there any other requirements for the weapons other than to have the Tier1 weapon unlocked - such as do I need ALL Tier1 weapons unlocked first?

Someone tried for me yesterday and said all they had to do on another friends acct. was play SF for awhile and they got all the unlocks.
TrevorP
+0|6794

Coolbeano wrote:

ayb wrote:

LOL I laughed...
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6788|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'

TrevorP wrote:

Coolbeano wrote:

ayb wrote:

LOL I laughed...
lol, judge's face...priceless

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard