sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina
Today almost 1,2 billion persons are atheists or agnostics. 
Why do you think people stopped believing?
Does science prove everything to such a point that people can't believe in God anymore?
Is Organized Religion making people lose faith in God?
Those who choose to believe, do they actually believe, or do they fear to be alone?
spray_and_pray
+52|6490|Perth. Western Australia
Because religion sounds like bullshit theres some big man up in the clouds who lets people live there iv they are good and they go under ground if they are bad what kind of bs is that? And a virgin mary bs i bet you she was a slut. If anyone reads the Da Vinci code it gives a lotta reasons why not to beleive.
stef10
+173|6481|Denmark
Wtf is that bullshit. May I ask. Scientists have already said, that somebody gave a hand to make the evolution begin. It is impossible for it to begin on its own.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6721|Eastern PA
I blame Communism.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6762|d
Religion: NA

SwampDog
+12|6469|Luton, England

stef10 wrote:

Wtf is that bullshit. May I ask. Scientists have already said, that somebody gave a hand to make the evolution begin. It is impossible for it to begin on its own.
Some scientists say this, some (most) don`t. You obviously are only gonna listen to and quote the ones that agree with your view point.  And as for becoming atheists, we don`t, we are all BORN atheists. It`s not until our brains develop enough for us to think, that we CHOOSE to become religious.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

stef10 wrote:

When?

There are many theories about how life could have begun. Overall scientific concensus is set against the idea of a creator. I am sure there have been scientists who have made claims like that, but you can't take the opinions of a few isolated nutters over the whole scientific community.

People become Atheists because it is a logical decison. There is no evidence that there is any sort of deity, so why pretend there is?

In the case of Agnostics they believe in the possibilty of there being some sort of 'God', which seems a relatively sensible belief to me. But the idea that a religion, any religion, is actually right, is just ludicrous.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6619|Mhz

Because if you take even a sort objective look at most religions, they make no sense at all.

My thinking is that more and more people are moving away from religions because people are becoming more independant. Most of the highly religious countries are repressed, backward nations where thinking for yourself and having your own opinions is all but illegal.
sparrowpisuke
Fractalman
+27|6444|Barcelona
In my case...
Why believe in somewhat that I don't undertand to give answers to all the questions that I don't understand...?
I prefer believe in science, it tells me many answers to my questions.
And there's many other things that science can't prove... yes!, maybe the probably reason is the human brain limitations.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6709|Sweden
Science > Religion
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Science > Religion
stef10
+173|6481|Denmark
The science we know today is maybe only 10% of the science, that really is. Like we do not even know everything about the atom. Who knows what the smallets part is. Like what are quarkes made of and after that. What about blackholes. And do not start about the bullshit about us knowning how big the universe is. We do not know shit. Hell even our own mathsystem is fucked up in some areas.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

stef10 wrote:

The science we know today is maybe only 10% of the science, that really is. Like we do not even know everything about the atom. Who knows what the smallets part is. Like what are quarkes made of and after that. What about blackholes. And do not start about the bullshit about us knowning how big the universe is. We do not know shit. Hell even our own mathsystem is fucked up in some areas.
If that's the case why doesn't God tell us?
stef10
+173|6481|Denmark
Maybe God wants us to find it out on our own.
And if God told us then he would reveal himself and therefor everybody would believe in him.
I smell test.

Last edited by stef10 (2006-12-07 07:38:24)

jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

IMO

Laziness, and to thier defense, popular role models for faith are mostly greedy old men.
I was this way when I was younger.

I think its better to begin blank and to find rather than inherit something broken.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6617|InGerLand

SwampDog wrote:

stef10 wrote:

Some scientists say this, some (most) don`t. You obviously are only gonna listen to and quote the ones that agree with your view point.  And as for becoming atheists, we don`t, we are all BORN atheists. It`s not until our brains develop enough for us to think, that we CHOOSE to become religious.
not entirely true, there was a well made documentary that suggested (note that i say suggested not proved) religion is wired into our brains, they don't know why exactly but they reckon hummanity wants to believe that theres something greater out there.
Having taken this into consideration i think that atheism is simply peoples brains believing in something greater that isn't necersarily a God, and may infact just be a person who has done or continues to do good and charitable things, it sounds a bit sad i know but think how many people love celebrities who do charity work, not quite the almighty power but maybe thats not what the brain wants maybe it just wants something that will make life better somewhere.
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6485|Latvia
God is a sadistic 9 year old asshole playing Sims 2142
stef10
+173|6481|Denmark
But still the thing you told does not in any scientific way make the chance of God´s existence smaller.
stef10
+173|6481|Denmark

BALTINS wrote:

Good for you saying that you are controlled by a 9 year old asshole. Takes guts.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6741|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
It's all Nietzsche's fault!!
stef10
+173|6481|Denmark
But still our knowledge about the universe is still very little.

Last edited by stef10 (2006-12-07 07:45:44)

BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6485|Latvia

stef10 wrote:

BALTINS wrote:

Good for you saying that you are controlled by a 9 year old asshole. Takes guts.
some kind of matrix makes more sense than what the big black book tells
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA

sergeriver wrote:

Today almost 1,2 billion persons are atheists or agnostics. 
Why do you think people stopped believing?
Does science prove everything to such a point that people can't believe in God anymore?
Is Organized Religion making people lose faith in God?
Those who choose to believe, do they actually believe, or do they fear to be alone?
MY opinion
I've been to church twice in my life. In both churches the N word was used during a sermon. Then the Catholic Pedofile Reachout program where we hide pedophiles among different churches in the country to avoid prosecution. THen the church reaping benefits via tax breaks and such, but they want to have an impact on US Policy. THe radicals thinking the bible is meant to be taken word for word. The radicals believing they are better than an aetheist or agnostic person.

Agnostic I am. And proud. I spend my Sunday morning doing for me. Not for a God. Because I work to hard the other days of the week.

Overall the religious community is a massive gathering of hypocrits who can flick people off in traffic, wish death to thier boss, or have an affair; then go to church Sunday and be forgiven.

You don't need a building of brick or stone to worship what you believe.

If hell is what is waiting for me, I'm lined up and ready.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
If we're truly the masters of our own destiny, why haven't we grasped the details of our universe by now?  Because we have finite minds.  We can't possibly fully understand the complete depth of our universe.  All we have are scientific theories that are a feeble attempt to explain things in terms we can wrap our minds around.
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6393|Belgium

stef10 wrote:

Evolution is nohing less then survival of the fittest. What can evolve tot survive, will survive.
Religion is the Opium from and for the people.

From the people: When your life gets difficult, you will pray and hope that something will save your sorry ass. But finaly you have to do it all yourself.
For the people: The church/government uses relegion to to keep control over her people. If you are bad, you will go to hell. Bullshit. we all die and become wormdiner

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard