Green Jello
+47|6653|Reno, NV
I've tried these a few times and I just can't seem to get them working like other guys can in the game. I know it has something to do with setting the range, but they never seem to detonate for me. Please help.

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/greenjello34/Misc%20WAR%20Stuff/2142%20Unlocks/assaultleft3_on.jpg
Microwave
_
+515|6675|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Unzoomed they detonate on impact (however; for example when shooting at consoles they for some reason do not show the explosion).

When zoomed you can set the range with your zoom in and out buttons (the same as the sniper scope)  -mousewheel usually.

Hope this helps

Last edited by james@alienware (2006-12-06 08:58:23)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6587|NYC / Hamburg

it auto set the range on whatever you are pointing at when you zoom, when zoomed you can change the range at which it explodes. it also always explodes on impact. to prevent noob-tubing the min explosion range is 20 m
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6554|Valhalla
Well i think their shit *wishing 2142 had GL's*
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6435|Norway | Unkown
You need a mouse with a wheel.

So when a enemy is hiding behind a wall or something, you just aim at that wall. Then use your mouse wheel to add extra lenght on the target you aimed at. Then aim on the side or over that wall.

never used it myself tho
Smoke_Deez
+8|6406
I'm sure there are guides out there, someone will probably direct a search, but heres my take.  Shooting the rockets with the left mouse button will have the rockets explode for the most part on contact with a solid object, as long as they first travel 20 ft.  If they do not travel 20 ft. they will not explode.  The right mouse button lets you set the range for detonation.  By using the right mouse button, when you zoom in at the bottom of the scope in zoom you should see the current set range.  A lot of times though the range will be incorrect often times it seems stuck at 20 so make sure and LOOK at the range before you shoot.  If it is too short obviously you miss, same is true obviously for a longer range.  This is helpful for enemies that you know are behind something and cannot hit.  For instance they are behind a box at 50 ft.  Simply aim (right click)  at the box.  Stay in scoped zoom mode, then to increase the range scroll forward one click on your scroll wheel.  This will increase the distance the rocket will travel by a foot or two causing it to detonate past the target, instead of at the boxes.  Then simply pull up your aim a bit so the rockets explode over your target instead of hitting said boxes.  Depending on their remaining HP 1-3 rockets should eliminate said enemy.  I usually give em' all 3 for good measure, good luck soldier!
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6759
To start with I had real trouble using them, but now I think they are fantastic, really useful for defending titans, shooting snipers.

One of my favorite unlocks.

As for using them, say you are defending a titan console down one of the corridors, go into sight mode looking down to the end of the corridor where the entrance is and you will notice a number will appear at the the bottom of the sight, E.G. 37, this means to the end of the corridor its 37 metres.

Now what I do is move the mouse wheel back a little bit, so that the number becomes 35/34 or something, this means instead of the rockets blowing up when they hit the back wall of the corridor, now they will explode just before it, right next to the entrance to the corridor.

So all you have to do no is wait either till you see some one coming in or till the titan computer says enemy detected in the corridor your in.

Things to remember the rockets have a minimum arm distance of 20 metres, this mean they have to travel at least 20 metres to explode, any distance less than this they wont explode and you have to set your sights every time you zoom in.

Hope this help and in time you will love using them too.
Zukabazuka
+23|6705
Anyone who havn't used and say they are shit don't know the power of it,  You can fire direct in to the core and make it explode right after the first wall that cover the core, This way you can take out 1-3 or even more on 3 rockets because they are on the same place. They also have a decent splash damage and in the end they will be about half the kills you do inside titan. Someone hiding behind a corner and you cant reach with a nade go for the rockets
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6736|Riva, MD
If you know how to use them, it invents a new battle cry: "Don't bother hiding, you'll only die hidden.".
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6863|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Once you get some practice you wont ever spawn as assault without them, they are awesome.
zeidmaan
+234|6434|Vienna

most has been said already....
3 rockets will destroy a FAV. They can be a royal pain in the ass on city maps. Also 3 rockets are enough, I think, to destroy the ground defenses. But even if you dont completely destroy them, you will kill who ever is inside. Bullets dont do any damage to them so thats usefull to know.

And once you get good with them you will get more kills with rockets then with bullets when playing city maps.
Entertayner
+826|6590

james@alienware wrote:

(however; for example when shooting at consoles they for some reason do not show the explosion)
That's because you're under 20 which is the smallest limit for them so they won't do any damage below this range.

And.. pmcdroaifoapsttprotiftpawlwmwdsti,siktpatidtwmdutb,nihasdjlap

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-12-06 14:16:03)

jamie_v1.1
+35|6522|Leeds, UK

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

Come again???
Sambuccashake
+126|6630|Sweden

jamie_v1.1 wrote:

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

Come again???
Probably his way of saying "Edit: Spelling."
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6546|Singapore
the rocket wont detonate at <20 meters

and remember that the rocket will drop due to gravity over range

Last edited by jkohlc (2006-12-07 04:56:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard