My troop leader was a faggot so i backed off of Eagle
why?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6594|British Columbia, Canada
https://www.theolanders.net/johnr/724you_win_the_prize.jpg
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6430|6 feet under
I'm not mentally disabled nor are alot of other Eagle Scouts, in fact I am perfectly competent! ??????????????????????????????

Last edited by theit57 (2006-12-05 22:14:13)

Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6795
I was moved before I could start my eagle project and I never liked any of the troops in Cali so I just called it a quits with everything I needed to be one, just failed to follow through.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6430|6 feet under

Ridir wrote:

I was moved before I could start my eagle project and I never liked any of the troops in Cali so I just called it a quits with everything I needed to be one, just failed to follow through.
suks
MochaBayGuy
+3|6516|Fort Collins CO
Got mine in 1977 -- I'm old
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

theit57 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

My troop leader was a faggot so i backed off of Eagle
why?
1. He spanked kids (like 16 year old kids)
2. He was Mormon
3. He was a fag
JE3146
+109|6602|Oregon
Eagle Scout of '02

Held the positions of JASM, SPL, ASPL, PL, APL, QM... basically leadership for all but 6 months of my total involvement with scouts. (6) 50 mile hike patches, Scout Camp every year.. over 350 nights camping, and over 80 merit badges....(been so long I can't remember the total number... I think it was 83)..  I think I was like 25 short of all of them...

My dad was a Scoutmaster for 3 years. Troop had about 45 people in it.

There were geeks, but I wasn't one and neither were my close friends in scouting. I kind of drifted after my close friends left for college after turning 18 and after I got my Eagle. Was a fun experience.
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6771|Norcal, usa
boy scouts is shit.
or
los ninos exploradores.
i think the spaniards got it right.

Last edited by jermyang (2006-12-05 22:31:09)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6602|USA
does being an eagle scout actually further your life, or is it like a bf2 award? seriously.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

Ender2309 wrote:

does being an eagle scout actually further your life, or is it like a bf2 award? seriously.
Universities love it
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6509|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Got mine in June.... Frikkin Schveet.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6430|6 feet under

stryyker wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Universities love it
yep
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

Lets just say I learned more in one week of ROTC than i did in 10 years of scouts.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6509|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Being in both JROTC and Scouts, I agree that JROTC is a much better program than scouts, and I felt I learnt much more just going through boot camp then I did in all my scouting excepades.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6861|USA! USA! USA!
Pick me!  I'm one!  Please note that if everyone in your troop was a nerd except you...  You were a nerd.  Hell, I was.  I did some amazing things in the Army that are normally reserved for Vin Diesel types and I'm still a nerd.  I just know that at my 10 year reunion I'll whoop anybody's ass if they still act like prick because they were cool in highschool.  (wow, I got off topic fast)

Anyway, I don't remember all my stats from nights of camping, miles hiked, # of merit badges etc.  I had pretty much every badge I was interested in and some that I wasn't.  I went to Philmont a few times, including a winter trek, and to Summer's Canoe Base up north.  I attended two National Jamboree's as a scout and managed to talk the Army into sending me to Ft. AP Hill for another.  I also worked for the council as a camp staff member as soon I was old enough and then eventually worked my way to being the Aquatics Director for all of the camps within the council.

When I was presented with my Eagle Award my dad took his off his chest and pinned it on mine, as his dad had done (even though he didn't tell me until I got it.)  I hope to some day do the same to my son.

Ya, there are a bunch of nerds and dorks in scouts.  So what?  I liked all the outdoors stuff.  Most the kids in scouts are way better at outdoors / extreme sports than other kids their age and we were doing it long before it was "cool", they were almost all more intelligent, and they made better friends than other kids at school (many of those friends are now life long friends). 
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6430|6 feet under

Krauser98 wrote:

Pick me!  I'm one!  Please note that if everyone in your troop was a nerd except you...  You were a nerd.  Hell, I was.  I did some amazing things in the Army that are normally reserved for Vin Diesel types and I'm still a nerd.  I just know that at my 10 year reunion I'll whoop anybody's ass if they still act like prick because they were cool in highschool.  (wow, I got off topic fast)

Anyway, I don't remember all my stats from nights of camping, miles hiked, # of merit badges etc.  I had pretty much every badge I was interested in and some that I wasn't.  I went to Philmont a few times, including a winter trek, and to Summer's Canoe Base up north.  I attended two National Jamboree's as a scout and managed to talk the Army into sending me to Ft. AP Hill for another.  I also worked for the council as a camp staff member as soon I was old enough and then eventually worked my way to being the Aquatics Director for all of the camps within the council.

When I was presented with my Eagle Award my dad took his off his chest and pinned it on mine, as his dad had done (even though he didn't tell me until I got it.)  I hope to some day do the same to my son.

Ya, there are a bunch of nerds and dorks in scouts.  So what?  I liked all the outdoors stuff.  Most the kids in scouts are way better at outdoors / extreme sports than other kids their age and we were doing it long before it was "cool", they were almost all more intelligent, and they made better friends than other kids at school (many of those friends are now life long friends). 
that was awesome
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6861|USA! USA! USA!

jermyang wrote:

boy scouts is shit.
or
los ninos exploradores.
Uh oh, sounds like somebody is upset because he couldn't earn his "Plays Nice With Others" belt loop in cub scouts.  That's OK, I'll still be your friend!

Ender2309 wrote:

Automatic promotion to E3 when I joined the Army.  Agreed with the University thing, also looks hella good on a résumé.

stryyker wrote:

Lets just say I learned more in one week of ROTC than i did in 10 years of scouts.
BSA is more about your own motivation to do things and ROTC is more about others forcing you do to things for a grade.  Granted, you could argue that scouts has a lot to do with your parents motivation for you to do things as well...

theit57 wrote:

that was awesome
Thanks.  Kind of struck a nerve.  I don't care if people make fun of me, but I hate to see people who are afraid to be proud of something they enjoyed or accomplished because it's not "cool" and it's rampant in scouts.  I'm very happy to see threads like this and groups on things like Facebook titled "Eagle Scouts at WVU" or whatever school.  I even started a group for people who went to my camps as staff or campers, because I thought it was an awesome place.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6430|6 feet under

Krauser98 wrote:

jermyang wrote:

boy scouts is shit.
or
los ninos exploradores.
Uh oh, sounds like somebody is upset because he couldn't earn his "Plays Nice With Others" belt loop in cub scouts.  That's OK, I'll still be your friend!

Ender2309 wrote:

Automatic promotion to E3 when I joined the Army.  Agreed with the University thing, also looks hella good on a résumé.

stryyker wrote:

BSA is more about your own motivation to do things and ROTC is more about others forcing you do to things for a grade.  Granted, you could argue that scouts has a lot to do with your parents motivation for you to do things as well...

theit57 wrote:

that was awesome
Thanks.  Kind of struck a nerve.  I don't care if people make fun of me, but I hate to see people who are afraid to be proud of something they enjoyed or accomplished because it's not "cool" and it's rampant in scouts.  I'm very happy to see threads like this and groups on things like Facebook titled "Eagle Scouts at WVU" or whatever school.  I even started a group for people who went to my camps as staff or campers, because I thought it was an awesome place.
Yeah people should be proud of what they do nomatter what happens
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6726|The Ville
lol LT.Victim

edit: I was in what was it cub scouts or something. I didn't like it to much eh the only thing cool I remember was making rock candy.

Last edited by Obiwan (2006-12-05 23:02:22)

Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6683|Spokane, Washington

Krauser98 wrote:

jermyang wrote:

boy scouts is shit.
or
los ninos exploradores.

Ender2309 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

theit57 wrote:

that was awesome
Amen to that, most of my friends hear im going camping or something and they are like "wtf camping sucks" so im like "what the hell are you missing?" seriously, some of the experiences ive had, i will never have anything like them again.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6430|6 feet under

Unclean009 wrote:

Krauser98 wrote:

jermyang wrote:

boy scouts is shit.
or
los ninos exploradores.

Ender2309 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

theit57 wrote:

that was awesome
Amen to that, most of my friends hear im going camping or something and they are like "wtf camping sucks" so im like "what the hell are you missing?" seriously, some of the experiences ive had, i will never have anything like them again.
yeah there are somethings in scouting that you just can't get anywhere else. Legally at least

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard