Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6745|Singapore

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Used to have even worse lag, but then I thought something needs to be done... And I serched the interwebs and found this. Since then lag hasn't been bad, I sometimes even get FPS as high as 50 on titans...
Same here, only in isolated areas though and not in mass fight areas.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6729|Riva, MD

bullit wrote:

I cant even see inside the any titan its all pitch black!!
Sounds like you've got the settings turned down too low.  I think it's the EU Titan requires a certain setting to be enabled above low quality in order to see what's inside the Titan.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6855|Reykjavík, Iceland.
It all depends on the servers, some servers are like this, some are completely smooth.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6577|Area 51
Titan = teh sux because of mad lagg..
coldsteal3
+0|6373
I find the worst lag between reloading, and changing weapons, i get
wasted every time.
And when you are trying to get get below on your titan to fight
is also lags really bad.

It blows my mind how some of the people manage to keep running,
kill and reload faster than other people, im guessing a hack,
also those that are already Fricken Generals when the game had
not even been out that long.................explain that one. I play like
8 hours at a day and still an enlisted man.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6685|Houston, Texas
I have found the best server for me to play in is StrafeRight.com's 48 person titan. Their server has 8 gigs of ram, so it greatly reduces a lot of the lag.

Also be carefull when you are clicking down scope. I've noticed in laggy servers after reloads if you click your right button too fast after the reload, it wont come up. so you click again, and it can start a nasty loop of double scoping, then reloading yet again. Normally when I start to get the double scope lag, i will walk half way across the titan and end up right back where i started.

As far as being a general, it took me one month. i got a lot of extra points though from badges/ribbons giving me credit, but not showing up in my bfhq. so i was eligable to get them twice. i probably got 5,000 extra points that way, which for me, isn't a whole lot... considering a good titan map i'll only defend and get 200-300 points a round easy. I refused to play conquest because of how many points I could get on the titan. Now that I ranked up, when I acctually do play I play conquest.

Last edited by alien-DSW-Gen (2006-12-06 16:23:35)

cableguy619
+1|6427|San Diego
I think it has to do with what server you connect to via ea. Stupid because I can be in a squad of 6 and only 2 or 3 people see it and the others see nothing.
gmoschgat
+5|6461
Its so bad i may just go back to bf2
DesmondLocke
+1|6563
I know where you're coming from. For me, ALL conquest maps run perfectly fine. But the same map in Titan mode will start slightly, but not too horribly, laggy. About half way through, movement on my own titan becomes quite bad. On the ground, about 2/3s of the way through becomes unbearable. Can't run, can't aim, ......
I've found if I'm on a server that rotates Titan maps into their Conquest maps, I'll just stay inside the Titans as an engineer, and just man, and/or repair, the guns.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6701|London, UK

_j5689_ wrote:

bullit wrote:

I cant even see inside the any titan its all pitch black!!
Sounds like you've got the settings turned down too low.  I think it's the EU Titan requires a certain setting to be enabled above low quality in order to see what's inside the Titan.
i got everything on medium except geometry is high and the light parts are on low

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard