HIND vs. Apache

HIND > Apache26%26% - 41
Apache > HIND73%73% - 112
Total: 153
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6531|Belgium
HIND
+ Has automatic missle firing, click and hold your mouse.
+ Big missle spread, good vs. infantry.
+ Bulky size, slow movement means easy drift control.
+ Does the 'Spin of Death'
- Big missle spread, bad vs. other helicopters.
- Bulky size, slow movement means bad evasion.

Apache Longbow
+ Narrow and straight missle path, good vs. other helicopters.
+ Still a big helicopter, but nimble, good evasion.
- A bit worse vs. infantry than the HIND, but still good.
- Still a big helicopter, but nimble, steady hand required to avoid drift.

Apache will probably be the popular choice here, but im wondering if anyone likes the HIND at all? I see lots of complaints about the missle spread, but it really does excell at raping infantry in Ghost Town for example.
Personally, i like the HIND model a bit more too, though they both look really good.

Thoughts?

Last edited by iPoon.be (2006-12-07 07:13:23)

Scratch[USA]
+105|6549
1st for Hind
Wide spread for Infantry.
My new favorite is - soloing in Hind.  The drift is very slow so it makes it pretty easy to take out armor.
So the slow movement is a plus, for me.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6531|Belgium
Oh, good point ill add that
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6696|Howell, Mi USA
Apache > HIND

The HIND is only good for raping infantry at spawns, it fails at pretty much everything else. Apache rocks at everything including raping spawn points.

One thing the HIND does have going is it's gunner position. For some reason Apache gunners never do good and HIND gunners rock....(until it's shot down by the Apache)

Apache fTw!!!1
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6471

HIND,

it's slow movement means that you can do the circle of death above your target and it's gunners place gun is better too.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6552|CH/BR - in UK

Apache, simply because it is (or at least it seems) faster. I like having a fast chopper, because I tend to get myself in a lot of trouble ^^
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6531|Belgium
I have to check out the HIND gunner position again, because i mostly do piloting. I didnt know its supposed to be better
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6471

iPoon.be wrote:

I have to check out the HIND gunner position again, because i mostly do piloting. I didnt know its supposed to be better
Not sure if it's really better in coding, but at least when I fly HIND seems like people hit more than with the apache... Dunno, maybe I just get better gunners...
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

I like them both.

HIND is easy to control, great for the gunner (cannon is better) and its soooo easy to circle around CP's. Its also easier to solo with since its slower turning, so its easier to regain control and to line up your targets.

Apache is great for its missiles vs tanks since they are more "accurate". Also useful for the lone infantryman, but a little practise and its just as easy with the HIND.

IMO, anyone playing Ghost Town will say that Apache wins (since noone uses a gunner on that map) and anyone playing Gator will say the HIND.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6531|Belgium

Snake wrote:

IMO, anyone playing Ghost Town will say that Apache wins (since noone uses a gunner on that map) and anyone playing Gator will say the HIND.
I guess youre the HIND-man then?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

iPoon.be wrote:

Snake wrote:

I guess youre the HIND-man then?
Find me on Gator and ill show ya
Dont get me wrong, I love the Apache. But I just spend so much time in the HIND, since MEC usually win on the 24/7 Gator servers, you usually have 2 HINDS in the air and thats it. Lots of practise when you're MEC
But Ive never been kicked on Gator, but I always do on Ghost Town for blowing up the AA in the UCB. Fucking loser admins. Lost a 25/1 score soloing it earlier with the Apache Avoid the BebbiSchlater server or what ever its called. Ive been kicked more times from that server than I dont know what.

Last edited by Snake (2006-12-05 10:07:11)

iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6531|Belgium
What MEC always wins?

Not on my servers...
Wolfren
+6|6666|USA
Eh the Apache says it in its name its the longbow variant designed to take out armor at long range not close range strafing. Thats what the cannon is for.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

Snake wrote:

MEC usually win on the 24/7 Gator servers
WH Workaholics mostly. There are a few others around too, now that TMP has gone down
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6531|Belgium
I wouldnt know, im still on 1.4
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6471

Snake wrote:

I like them both.

HIND is easy to control, great for the gunner (cannon is better) and its soooo easy to circle around CP's. Its also easier to solo with since its slower turning, so its easier to regain control and to line up your targets.

Apache is great for its missiles vs tanks since they are more "accurate". Also useful for the lone infantryman, but a little practise and its just as easy with the HIND.

No one uses gunners on Ghost Town? I love having gunner on that map... At least if the gunner knows what he's doing, today and yesterday I played with my friend on Ghost Town and we both went ~20 - 0 with the HIND, me as gunner and he as pilot. Thought our team still lost because rest of them were snipers on roof tops doing nothing... Oh well guess you can't win always.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6531|Belgium
Ghost T is always a hige sniper fest
But thats why you get the HIND in the first place..
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6471

iPoon.be wrote:

Ghost T is always a hige sniper fest
But thats why you get the HIND in the first place..
Well yeah, but it would be nice if someone would even TRY to cap those flags... Our team only got two flags in that round. Once upper north side, then we lost it. Our team managed to cap it back but lost it and after that we had no flags at all.
MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6386|San Jose CA.
I like the way the Apache looks thats about it, I don't fly them in the game. I'm always on the ground.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6549

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Not sure if it's really better in coding, but at least when I fly HIND seems like people hit more than with the apache... Dunno, maybe I just get better gunners...
I feel that it is due to the speed of the apache.  Faster speed means the gunner will have to have a quick reaction time.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6481|Trondheim, Norway
At Iron Gator I prefer HIND, dunno why, I just do better in it.
On Ghost Town i prefer the Apache, small missile spread makes it more effective against AA's, which is a big problem there...
Abstinuous
+33|6433
i want to say hind but i play ghost town most so the apache's speed does it to me, can escape tungstka's(spelling) missles. can fly between buildings easily
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6533
I like them both equally. Once you understand their weekeneses and strenghts you can put them both to awesome use. For example engaging in a close chopper match is beneficial with the Apache but knowing that I just keep away with the Hind and let my gunner do the work.

Also in Iron Gator you can dodge every single essex missile without droping a single flare with the hind so thats always a plus.
Brasso
+1,549|6632

I love the HIND.  Plus the fact that I just remembered about auto-fire makes it that much better.  I do agree though, the missile spread is a pain in the ass.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6653|United States
They are good helicopters but I like apache better because the missles are more accurate then hind.  When flying the apache i can easily pull down but when im trying to pull down with the hind it takes my more time.  the hind has better cannon then the apache.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard