Poll

Which sniper type do you think is better?

Bolt77%77% - 182
Semi auto22%22% - 54
Total: 236
adv3rsary
+28|6866
semi auto sniper rifles suck.. inferior accuracy, i can take better shots with a g36e
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6669|Adelaide, South Australia

adv3rsary wrote:

semi auto sniper rifles suck.. inferior accuracy, i can take better shots with a g36e
An armless person can win any match with the G36E.

Type 88 FTW!
Scardaddy
+37|6542|UK

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

10973 wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

Noob, the default medic guns pwn all.
l85 owns head shot *bang* he's dead
just i head shot and he down
says the brit
What's wrong with Brits?

Anyway the L96A1 all the way nothing beats that sound kaaaaaooooooowwwwww...

while the guys running and then checking for the kill and yeahhhhh...

nothing like a moving head shot...

poppin tags...

god i wish they had dog tags and thats how you got em

Last edited by Scardaddy (2006-12-14 10:27:25)

VANDULLIZER
+0|6486|United Kingdom, Derbyshire

BigmacK wrote:

Bolt-actions are my personal favorites, because of the accuracy, damage, stability, and the zoom level of the sight. An L96 has become a must when I wish to play my best. Not saying that I have anything against semi's, but I see myself as a more effective player when if I miss, I can follow up with a shot that will kill. Rather than rattling off a couple shots and praying that I am somewhat precise.

For me, the semi's are just spray and pray, much like an assault rifle. There is no precision, no beauty in using them. It's rather boring for me. I mean, if I wanted to shoot off more than one round at a time, I'd change my kit to assault and at least have some body armor on me.

Just my opinion.
its a good opinion at that. i agree.

also with semi-auto's you get 're-aim' time if you don't get a headshot, another semi-auto benefit is that you are less likely to be spotted because you only fire one round at a time not 10.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6782

iPoon.be wrote:

xm20k wrote:

The biggest factor is the person behind the scope.
QFT
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6699|EUtopia | Austria
Bolt, since they are almost 'hit-what-you-aim' weapons.
Semi autos have a too high deviation, especially when standing, plus their scope is only 3.33x and I'm too bad to deal with the recoil.
A well-placed headshot with a bolt action rifle will take out everyone. Only in close combat, it might not be the ultimate victory.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6841|Devon, England
I'm the type of sniper that can do any sort of sniping, but I prefer more to be right in the thick of the action so the SVD and Type 88 are perfect for me...

My favourite sniper rifle is the M24 though...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard