Poll

What is your most played role in the team?

Commander2%2% - 3
Squad Leader43%43% - 54
Squad Member43%43% - 54
Lone Wolf10%10% - 13
Total: 124
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6475|cuntshitlake

I play mostly Squad member now, but for my shame the most played is lone wolf...
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6786|EUR
I wish I could be squad member more often - most of them are rubbish.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6475|cuntshitlake

MuseSeeker wrote:

I wish I could be squad member more often - most of them are rubbish.
QFT. that's why I don't like squad leading..
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6610|S.C.
Lone Wolf Rambo Style!!!
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6579|NYC / Hamburg

i'm mostly squad leader with 2 or 3 squad mates. recently i'm also often a squad member because i want to get some of the ribbons relating to lead & member time. even though being commander can get you loads of points, i don't really like it. i prefer C&C over this, where your units actually do, what you tell them to
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6414|Alberta, Canada
I lead the squad.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6690|In You Endo- Stoke
I mostly play as a member as loonitic is a little bitch,i have a squad already and he creates his own.

"I mostly play squad member,mostly"
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6773|Internet!
Squad Member.

Being a Squad Leader requires you preform enough to satisfy your squad, or they leave and you don't have a squad.

And Commander requires a lot of "work".

So I'm pretty lazy and just join the biggest squad I can find and hope we get some field upgrades.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6475|cuntshitlake

Kanil wrote:

Squad Member.

Being a Squad Leader requires you preform enough to satisfy your squad, or they leave and you don't have a squad.

So I'm pretty lazy and just join the biggest squad I can find and hope we get some field upgrades.
Exactly how I think nowadays
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6457|The Land of Scott Walker
Squad leader, then squad member.  I never command, didn't in BF2 either.  Squad leader is more fun.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-12-02 12:33:56)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6561|UK

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Kanil wrote:

Squad Member.

Agreed, yet for a lot of the time I just forget to join a squad and dont realise I am lone wolf in my rambo adventures .  Only if my buddies are on do I bother, rest of the time its stallone for teh absolute win!

Martyn
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6658|Peoria
Breakdown.

About 28 hours as squad leader
About 25 hours as squad member
About 3 hours as commander
About an hour as lone wolf.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6480
I used to play BF2 lone wolf. Then I started to join squads and shortly after my K evened out. I wonder why?
HellFall33
Vagrants #1 infantry
+11|6451|Richland WA
im almost always squad leader. I perform much better if theres pressure to stay alive lol
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6685|Houston, Texas
I'm usually squad leader because #1 I got all the toys, beacon/uav/12" e-penis, and #2 i know whats what. I try and do more squad member time, but I get on maps like Camp Gerbal or C.Landing and I just want the UAV Drone. A lot of the time, you won't find decent squads using the UAV drone. The maps are so small in some areas that podding in is pointless, unless you are going to get on the roof. That kind of CQB action it alawys pays to have a heads up on enemy locations.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6689|Middle of nowhere
Squad Leader for me, i never really like what my squad leader ever does when i'm a member (there have been 1 or 2 occasions where it was sweet... but most of the time not) so i prefer to have my own squad to command
fotrsaken
+1|6521|NYC
i like squad member even if i dont listen to the leader
Brasso
+1,549|6642

Squad leader or member.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Onionpaste
+6|6394
I usually play squad member, because I can get more points that way than leading an empty squad, which is what I usually do in BF2 just so I can get all the command toys.  I squad lead occasionally with my friends, because I am pretty decent at giving orders and always having them updated, hence more points and field unlocks for us.  I *hate* the squad leaders that never give orders, even after I block myself on radio spamming "orders, sir?"  When no squads have room or all of the leaders are idiots, I go lone wolf.
Magius5.0
+106|6393|UMass Amherst
Squad leader for the win; I'm constantly issuing orders and relaying information when necessary, even asking commander for various surveillance and supplies; usually they listen.  In a tight squad, I'm usually leading the titan assualt and bomb them back to the frozen wastes, or the pain-in-the-ass titan defender squad that holds the enemy off indefinitely.  Or rushing back-points like a maniac in a jeep, or transport.  It's not easy though; most of the time I get retards who never stick together...however, when people use the in-game VOIP, we perform a hell of a lot better.  When are people gonna learn that plugging in a $5 microphone = More Wins?
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6744|Oslo, Norway
Squad memeber...
Contract_Killa
+70|6380|Australia, A.C.T
I got my Valorous ribbon and expert squad leader so now im mostly squad leader unless a friend of mine has his own squad. otherwise ill just make a new squad lock it and invite only good players.
zeidmaan
+234|6426|Vienna

Its squad member than squad leader.
I have some hours as Lone Wolf but thats mostly when I join near the end of the round or when I get realy disapointed in SLs (when I switch 5 squads and none have orders issued).
But I have to say Lone wolfes on non city maps (minsk, verdun, suez) that dont play engineer or sniper are just crazy. There is nothing worse than half of the team running around as support or assault all on their own, completely helpless against shit load of armour. On city maps like berlin or gibraltar Squad play is mostly for extra points.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6475|cuntshitlake

Bell wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Kanil wrote:

Squad Member.

Agreed, yet for a lot of the time I just forget to join a squad and dont realise I am lone wolf in my rambo adventures .  Only if my buddies are on do I bother, rest of the time its stallone for teh absolute win!

Martyn
yea, most of my rambo time comes from the rounds I just start playing and forget to think about squads...
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6828|Belgium
Mostly Squad Leader since most Squad Leaders don't give orders (so I don't like being Squad Members).
And as Squad Leader I have about 25% of the time the luck that members actually listen to my orders, and 25% of the time I'm able to coordinate my orders so that the members actually follow them by doing what they want to do. In that ways I still get the Squad Leader points. And the other 50% of the time.. yeahs well..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard