fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6561
There's a new Version of 2142 coming, as you can see under the following links:

http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ … ytest.html

It has two new maps: Garmisch-Partenkirchen & Karlbo

And some new server variables:

bf2142_allow_spectators - A long requested Spectatormode where you can see with the eyes of the player?
bf2142_ranked_tournament
bf2142_custom_map_url
gamemode: gpm_sl - Supply Lines - Selfexplainatory

Discuss!
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6617|Ghost Town
Cool. They are very fast hm?! Looks like they are testing the maps at the moment. I hope that those maps come along with a patch or something like that. I really don't want to spend again 10 Bugs for 2 or 3 new Maps.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6539|Doncaster, UK
Is there any indication of whether these are conquest only maps or if they are Titan maps as well?
Dex Luther
+32|6431|Canukastan
Supply lines?

If it does come in the form of a patch I hope they fix the massive lag during titan maps.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6666|Houston, Texas
I could care less about new maps until I see an infantry only option. Conquest isn't the same without it, and I can't stand playing it for more then one or two maps. Then again, i'm so sick of titan I cant play but one or two maps.

Spectator mode, awesome. Now we can ghost just like in America's Army on voice comms, giving away enemy positions. Thats a nifty idea, that will do nothing for the game but to get abused. Now you don't have to worry about wall hacks, cause his friend is telling him where you are at.

Supply lines. Sigh. It sucked in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. Why are they trying their hardest to copy that game? It sucked!

Custom map url, about damn time. I requested this feature in bf2 numerous times, including having sent emails directly to key people at EA with no luck.

Last edited by alien-DSW-Gen (2006-12-01 03:06:16)

Dex Luther
+32|6431|Canukastan

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

I could care less about new maps until I see an infantry only option. Conquest isn't the same without it, and I can't stand playing it for more then one or two maps. Then again, i'm so sick of titan I cant play but one or two maps.

Spectator mode, awesome. Now we can ghost just like in America's Army on voice comms, giving away enemy positions. Thats a nifty idea, that will do nothing for the game but to get abused. Now you don't have to worry about wall hacks, cause his friend is telling him where you are at.

Supply lines. Sigh. It sucked in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. Why are they trying their hardest to copy that game? It sucked!

Custom map url, about damn time. I requested this feature in bf2 numerous times, including having sent emails directly to key people at EA with no luck.
What's custom map URL?

BTW GRAW is a good game. Didn't like the PC version though. The 360 version is awesome. I wish they'd bring it back to it's roots though. I miss the old GR.
Zukabazuka
+23|6678
Custom map url is well so you can download custom map direct from the server. Hell just wanna see those new maps
Sambuccashake
+126|6603|Sweden
So we finally get to do some ski jumping?
alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6666|Houston, Texas

Zukabazuka wrote:

Custom map url is well so you can download custom map direct from the server. Hell just wanna see those new maps
It may or may not be direct. They may just give you the ability to show the player what website to go to, to be able to download the map.

Think about it, someone comes up with a mod like POE, user hits join, and is downloading for how long?
Brasso
+1,549|6623

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

It may or may not be direct. They may just give you the ability to show the player what website to go to, to be able to download the map.

Think about it, someone comes up with a mod like POE, user hits join, and is downloading for how long?
So it's kind of like FEAR Combat.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Dex Luther
+32|6431|Canukastan

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

How will this be controlled though? I'm guessing the maps would have to be checked or something otherwise something like this could be abused (like it was for awhile in starcraft). I could see people creating maps where on team spawns in a box with no way out and the other team spawns outside and just throws nades or something to kill off the entire other team.

I see it being an unranked only feature.
psH
Banned
+217|6376|Sydney
Can somebody please explain supply lines? is it where you must defend a convoy or something?
alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6666|Houston, Texas
Absolutely it's unranked. Only way I see is some kind of mod manager, which would basically act like EA downloader. Pops up, shows you file size, etc, then you download.

In FEAR combat it would directly download the map yes. Which is neat in that game, since if you mess with the environmental stuff a lot on some maps, it will take you the entire time the map is played to download everything. Next map will be loaded and the downloads all for nothing. Oh, be sure to check out our FEAR server, DSW Squad
alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6666|Houston, Texas
Supply lines in GRAW acted where if you controlled silo 1 for example, and silo 2 and 3, you'd have a supply line from 1, to 2, to 3. but if you lost silo 2, your supply line to 3 is broken because they have that silo, effectively not being able to get more ammo.

i would asume the supply drops would work the same way, where if there is no supply line you cant get a supply drop. Or, they are making it like GRAW where if you are in a supply line route, your ammo is automatically refilled every so often... which would effectively make ammo giving points harder to get, but would effectively help people sit there and camp locations with 74rockets, APMs, motion mines, nades, etc since they are constantly refilled with ammo. You can spam more effectively, and the game will help you do it. I see this as a bad idea in either scenario i've mentioned.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6539|Doncaster, UK
Sounds like a terrible idea.
Zukabazuka
+23|6678
Lets wait untill we hear Dice version, maybe they didn't just copy it straight but only so you need to control the silos in order to win or something.
alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6666|Houston, Texas
I hope so, that'd be nicer then if they copied GRAW
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6534|Doncaster UK
i just think its good that they are actually giving us more things, i hope its free to download.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6637|Ohio
sounds cool. nice to see ea hasnt moved on to battlfield 7.5 yet.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6560|NYC / Hamburg

yay, new stuff. does anyone know where karlbo is? i hope its free and not in a new expansion pack (which i would buy anyhow, i'm too weak to resist something like thsi)
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
psH
Banned
+217|6376|Sydney
will this be a patch, or a booster pack? new game modes sound hard to put in a patch.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6561

max wrote:

yay, new stuff. does anyone know where karlbo is?
It's a town/village in Sweden.

new game modes sound hard to put in a patch.
Why is it hard to put new features like a new game mode into a patch?
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6534|Doncaster UK
they did it with IO mode for bf2 so why not new modes patched in for 2142
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6538
I might buy it if it's an expansion. Probably not if it's a booster. Hopefully it will just be a patch.

They can add new game modes with a patch easily. A booster/mod is pretty much just a large patch.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6658|NT, like Mick Dundee

fierce wrote:

max wrote:

yay, new stuff. does anyone know where karlbo is?
It's a town/village in Sweden.

new game modes sound hard to put in a patch.
Why is it hard to put new features like a new game mode into a patch?
Because they said there would be no content changes or additions in future patches.

Dunno where but I've read it. From EA...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard