Not
Great success!
+216|6584|Chandler, AZ
http://bf2s.com/player/84606242/

There's my new account. Go ahead and look at my shotgun accuracy. For one thing, it's much higher than 10%. I don't miss that much with anything, especially not a shotgun. But here's where things get REALLY confusing....

Hover over my accuracy to take note of how many shots I've allegedly fired, and how many have hit.

8 hits, 75 shots. I promise you I've hit more than 8 people in a single round, much less in all the time I've used a shotty.

Now take a look at my kills with the shotgun. 23. So apparently I kill just about three people every time I get a successful hit with the shotgun?

Flawed.

Any ideas why this is? Or is this just another example of a bug that really doesn't hurt anything so it sticks around anyway?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6758|Chicago.
I really have no idea. But I might have a solution. Perhaps it is when every single pellet off of a shotgun round hits the target your aiming at, that you recieve the correct "hit" which is added into your percentage.

So for the 23 guys you've killed with the shotgun, you have only hit 8 of them with all 8 pellets in a single shot.

I could be wrong, that's just a guess.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6763|United States of America

Not wrote:

http://bf2s.com/player/84606242/

There's my new account. Go ahead and look at my shotgun accuracy. For one thing, it's much higher than 10%. I don't miss that much with anything, especially not a shotgun. But here's where things get REALLY confusing....

Hover over my accuracy to take note of how many shots I've allegedly fired, and how many have hit.

8 hits, 75 shots. I promise you I've hit more than 8 people in a single round, much less in all the time I've used a shotty.

Now take a look at my kills with the shotgun. 23. So apparently I kill just about three people every time I get a successful hit with the shotgun?

Flawed.

Any ideas why this is? Or is this just another example of a bug that really doesn't hurt anything so it sticks around anyway?
It's all because your lack of faith is disturbing.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6542|Valhalla
mmm your accuracy with shotguns on your main account is 13.63%.... not that accurate...
Brasso
+1,549|6638

Mine's around 10% too.

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Not
Great success!
+216|6584|Chandler, AZ

loonitic wrote:

mmm your accuracy with shotguns on your main account is 13.63%.... not that accurate...
And look at the rest of my accuracies on the new one.

The shotgun accuracy doesn't record correctly, that's what I'm saying.

@Bigmack

I'd thought about that possibility too about each shot counting as eight.
But that still doesn't account for having 23 kills. You have to shoot someone at least once to kill them, right? =P I should have at least 23 hits recorded, minimum, and I know that some of the kills I've had weren't 1 shot kills either.

*sigh*

Who knows...Oh well.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6758|Chicago.
Didn't think about that. Hmm, I don't know what to tell you.

Perhaps its just another one of those numerous bugs from our good friends at Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6654
It counts all the pellets. You can hit a guy once and only have 50% accuracy if 50% of the pellets hit.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6378|Pittsburgh, PA USA
I just asked that question the other day & was told that if one pellet hits the target then that is counted as a hit.  http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=55052

It'd be really nice to find out for sure if anyone knows.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6446|King Of The Islands

Have a look at BFHQ. Last time I checked everyone was around 10%.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6456|Newcastle NSW Australia
If you look at the damage for the shot gun in the wiki it says there each shot counts as 8, as for the rest i hav eno idea.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6558|CH/BR - in UK

Meh - I have 8% - yes, even worse - and I think that it's the pellets too.
turkeybacon
+50|6453|Dragon Valley
have faith in the stats
Not
Great success!
+216|6584|Chandler, AZ
Still. I have 8 hits recorded. 23 kills. Using this logic, my 8 hits have killed just under 3 people each.
turkeybacon
+50|6453|Dragon Valley
maybe it counts everything as a miss, unless every pellet hits the body....even though not every pellet has to hit to register a kill
Not
Great success!
+216|6584|Chandler, AZ
Hey, you know what....that actually makes sense. I mean, it makes no sense in terms of why they'd do that, but you may actually be right about that. Very interesting.
turkeybacon
+50|6453|Dragon Valley
And it also makes sense why Dice wont fix it - laziness

Seriously, I bet the programmer who was working on bullet hit detection completely overlooked shotguns, and its some random hard to trace bug, that nobody has the energy to fix. And I doubt many BF2 owners are checking their shotgun accuracy stats and emailing/bugging them about it, so they just let it be.
Not
Great success!
+216|6584|Chandler, AZ
Agreed.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6471|A W S M F O X
yeah, weird i guess. ive got 17% accuracy........
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6751|Reality

Not wrote:

Still. I have 8 hits recorded. 23 kills. Using this logic, my 8 hits have killed just under 3 people each.
HEADSHOT COUGHER
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
basetballjones
+30|6756

BigmacK wrote:

I really have no idea. But I might have a solution. Perhaps it is when every single pellet off of a shotgun round hits the target your aiming at, that you recieve the correct "hit" which is added into your percentage.

So for the 23 guys you've killed with the shotgun, you have only hit 8 of them with all 8 pellets in a single shot.

I could be wrong, that's just a guess.
close

Each pellet counts as a shot, even if you headshot with the dao, many pellets still pass by, thus keeping the avg accuracy throughought BF2 at 10-15%.. Imagine when you shoot from 20 yards, even though you get the  hit, several pellets did not.  If I recall, there is DMGx8 to every shotgun, check the wiki, I am lazy.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6593|Seattle

basetballjones wrote:

Each pellet counts as a shot, even if you headshot with the dao, many pellets still pass by, thus keeping the avg accuracy throughought BF2 at 10-15%.. Imagine when you shoot from 20 yards, even though you get the  hit, several pellets did not.  If I recall, there is DMGx8 to every shotgun, check the wiki, I am lazy.
dude pay attention.  if each pellet counts as a shot then how is it possible for pro.not to have 85 shots? That would mean he has fired 10.625 times and managed to kill 24 people with those shots.

i think they are right. a hit is a shot when every pellet lands. and then the shots is (duh) the total number of trigger pulls. So the accuracy percentage is telling you the percentage of the total shots that were perfect (or really just point blank).

shotguns are my worst weapon.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6574|England

This is actually quite interesting. Ive just checked mine: 1123 hits with 1186 kills. That doesnt tie up, and I used to use a DAO quite a lot in my poor old karkand days and the pump shotties when getting time as engineer. I find it hard to believe

turkeybacon wrote:

maybe it counts everything as a miss, unless every pellet hits the body....even though not every pellet has to hit to register a kill
As logical as that seems to the solution, I find it hard to believe. That would mean that only 63 of my kills were killed WITHOUT a complete full blast making contact.
Although I cant come up with another reasonable explanation as to why it would be, I just think the stats are flawed in some way.
Not
Great success!
+216|6584|Chandler, AZ

Snake wrote:

This is actually quite interesting. Ive just checked mine: 1123 hits with 1186 kills. That doesnt tie up, and I used to use a DAO quite a lot in my poor old karkand days and the pump shotties when getting time as engineer. I find it hard to believe

turkeybacon wrote:

As logical as that seems to the solution, I find it hard to believe. That would mean that only 63 of my kills were killed WITHOUT a complete full blast making contact.
Although I cant come up with another reasonable explanation as to why it would be, I just think the stats are flawed in some way.
Maybe not as unreasonable as you might think. I'm not sure about you, but even with the pump it takes 2, sometimes even 3 shots to kill someone every once in a while. Those would all be incomplete hits.
Snipa Fox
+21|6405|Brisbane, Australia
1 Shotgun blast = 8 Bullet fragments.

4 of these fragments will kill an oppostition.

2 to the head will kill an opposition. (Not too sure)

Watch this video, was made by my brother and me.... enlighten yourself.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … &hl=en

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard