liquix
+51|6451|Peoples Republic of Portland
Simply put I'd like to see every f35 spawn that doesn't require a vertical takeoff or at least broken physics should be replaced with the f-18. I can think of no flight category or reason why the f-35 should even exist in this game on maps such as Wake, or dalian plant. It simply is no match for the j-10 or mig 29 stats to stats. I realize a good pilot can do well in the f35 on these maps, but a gimp pilot can be less skilled and ownz in the j10 simply because of the mechanics.

I'd like to hear opinions on this. Hell, it's not like EA doesn't know the f-18 is a superior fighter to the f35b in this game.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6647
simple answer: its too much work

whens the last time DICE actually WORKED? thought so.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6568|USA

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

on 2142. which actually works. right. as in correctly.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6516|Adelaide, South Australia

I'm pretty sure 2142 fails...
liquix
It wuld be so hard to change the spawn from f35 to f18 lol...Hell, if they just canceled the vertical takeoff spawns and had a 2x spawn rate on the main takeoff so two f18s could go. It would balance the air war in my opinion.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6365|Netherlands

I'm wondering why they put the F-35b in in the first place. Prolly for the futuristic effect... blowing up million dollar airplanes because they can't do shit... yay! . I agree though, they need to replace the F35b's with the F18's.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6744|The United Center

liquix wrote:

It wuld be so hard to change the spawn from f35 to f18 lol...Hell, if they just canceled the vertical takeoff spawns and had a 2x spawn rate on the main takeoff so two f18s could go. It would balance the air war in my opinion.
True.

...but then what would be the point in teamswitching to PLA, and then M95ing people out of the J10 on Wake?

The F35 should either be removed from the game alltogether...or should only spawn after the opposing airfield has been taken.
turkeybacon
+50|6443|Dragon Valley
F35's are sweet ass for bombing, I'll tell you that much
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6744|The United Center

turkeybacon wrote:

F35's are sweet ass for bombing, I'll tell you that much
Meh...doesn't really compare to an SU-30, IMO.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6716|Melbourne, Australia

Ender2309 wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

2142 is the biggest hunk of shit game out o wait its the shittest MOD out (dats how much work dey put into it .. hardly any... but still charge 110 for the game)

dont stick up for e.a or dice ever  WHY?  no not because everyone will flame u .. but because your just plain in the wrong!
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6478|Purdue

I.M.I Militant wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

2142 is the biggest hunk of shit game out o wait its the shittest MOD out (dats how much work dey put into it .. hardly any... but still charge 110 for the game)

dont stick up for e.a or dice ever  WHY?  no not because everyone will flame u .. but because your just plain in the wrong!
First off, I know many many people that would have to disagree with you.
Back on topic, I like it for bombing, but of course it doesn't compare to an Su-30. I'm not a very good pilot, so I always get own 1-1 on wake, but I can do decently against MiGs.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650
You're comparing F-35 vs. J-10 against F-35 vs. MiG-29?

You do realise that there is an intentional trade-off on Gulf of Oman where the MEC get a better fighter, but a bomber, while the US get two slightly worse fighters?

F-18 vs. J-10 is just as much crap. You know why? because F-18/J-10 would be just like before 1.2: both jets can dodge missles with ease, so neither pilot will or can shoot each other down, so both teams are constantly getting bombed while their air forces do nothing. And even if there are two motivated pilots in the jets then the F-18 will lose EVERY TIME. You can NOT gun down a player of your skill level or higher in a superior jet, unless if he is stupid enough to fly straight.

Jets should be equal in all aspects. The only differences should be between fighters and bombers.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Des.Kmal
+917|6615|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
i owned a j10 once wihth an f35b.

i only got shot down once on fushe(not bf2s one. ) with the f18. it was pretty awesome, i would fly jets alot more if there was an f18 instead of an f35b
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6385|Scotland

SargeV1.4 wrote:

You're comparing F-35 vs. J-10 against F-35 vs. MiG-29?

You do realise that there is an intentional trade-off on Gulf of Oman where the MEC get a better fighter, but a bomber, while the US get two slightly worse fighters?

F-18 vs. J-10 is just as much crap. You know why? because F-18/J-10 would be just like before 1.2: both jets can dodge missles with ease, so neither pilot will or can shoot each other down, so both teams are constantly getting bombed while their air forces do nothing. And even if there are two motivated pilots in the jets then the F-18 will lose EVERY TIME. You can NOT gun down a player of your skill level or higher in a superior jet, unless if he is stupid enough to fly straight.

Jets should be equal in all aspects. The only differences should be between fighters and bombers.
agree.  All the fighter jets should have the same specs and all the bombers should have the same specs, just different looking.

Would rather have "F18/J-10 would be just like before 1.2: both jets can dodge missles with ease, so neither pilot will or can shoot each other down, so both teams are constantly getting bombed while their air forces do nothing. " than just the PLA doing all the bombing...unless im on PLA!
-=5TON3D
+42|6531|u.k
all i feel like doing on bf2 lately is flying jets,so only map i play now is fushe,i love flying the f18 & can easily hold my own against the j10 with it on that map.
never used to fly the f18 much cause it felt slow & had such a wide turn circle & used to stick with flying the f35/mig/su.
never been a big j10 whore it just feels way to easy & skilless when it comes to dogfights.

all i need now is a u.k or e.u based 64map admined server running fushe 24/7 to save me keep server swapping & wont have to go near the f35 again lol.
liquix
I disagree that the f-19/j-10 scenario would just end up in a stalemate and they would just bomb w/o attacking each other. I attack j10's constantly on wake with the f35, just because they are better doesn't mean I should not defend my mates. Still, there is no reason why the f35 shuld be in the game. You mentioned Gulf of Oman balancing? My original post said at least replace the non-vertical takeoff f35s. That would leave one f35 and one f18 to go against the mig and the su 34. I guess I am just frustrated with it all because the f35 is a deathtrap vs an equally skilled pilot (often times less skilled) in any other fighter.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6546|EUtopia | Austria
Is it impossible, to start an F-15 at the carrier at all?
No, I don't think so - maybe Gulf of Oman should even get a US bomber...
Chorcai
+49|6645|Ireland
just pull up when in the f-18...see the misslies skimming the plane. Sometimes I go mad and dont hit flares !!! zOMG haxzor !
turkeybacon
+50|6443|Dragon Valley

liquix wrote:

I disagree that the f-19/j-10 scenario would just end up in a stalemate and they would just bomb w/o attacking each other. I attack j10's constantly on wake with the f35, just because they are better doesn't mean I should not defend my mates. Still, there is no reason why the f35 shuld be in the game. You mentioned Gulf of Oman balancing? My original post said at least replace the non-vertical takeoff f35s. That would leave one f35 and one f18 to go against the mig and the su 34. I guess I am just frustrated with it all because the f35 is a deathtrap vs an equally skilled pilot (often times less skilled) in any other fighter.
In that case (on oman) it should be an F-18 and a bomber (F-15??) vs. the mig and su-34. I dont mind it the way it is now, even if you get pounded by the J-10, teams switch next round, and you get to fly it. It could be better, but I just make the best of it.....EA definately wont be switching anything, so whats the point in bitching?
MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6381|San Jose CA.
I think the f-35 is in there coz the USMC are going to start use it some time in the future.
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6509
couldnt agree more
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6753|United States of America
Steak.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6562|Area 51
a gimp pilot can be less skilled and ownz in the j10 simply because of the mechanics.
Lol at the gimp!
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6691|Howell, Mi USA
It's too bad the J10 has that anti AA/sidewinder missle force field. If missles would actually track a J10 it would be a little better to fly against them. Ive been in a j10 flying pretty much straight and got locked on to by an f35, the missle went straight by me and i didn't even use flares. If im in an F35 i get shot down by j10 missles that aren't even fired at me.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
turkeybacon
+50|6443|Dragon Valley

Cbass wrote:

It's too bad the J10 has that anti AA/sidewinder missle force field. If missles would actually track a J10 it would be a little better to fly against them. Ive been in a j10 flying pretty much straight and got locked on to by an f35, the missle went straight by me and i didn't even use flares. If im in an F35 i get shot down by j10 missles that aren't even fired at me.
Its weird, I killed a few J-10s today when they were doing moderately hard turns, but I've missed others with a better lock while they were flying straighter. I seem to have better success when I fire from overtop of them rather then below, can anyone verify this?

The only way I can kill them, is to fly high and well behind them (bomb mode), switch to missile mode, wait for flares, switch to bomb mode and back to missiles, re-aquire solid lock and unload. It sounds long but its usually pretty fast. Sometimes they hit, sometimes they miss, if they all miss I break off and fly high again, usually he ate at least 1-2 so he's smoking and either coming for your carrier or heading for repairs, so tail him again after re-arming, and finish him off.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard