GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6755

I was a bit bored so I decided to share some of my BF2142 secrets to getting many explosives kills while on the titan. I've gotten pretty good at defending and can hold off a group of 3-4 attackers with just some APM's and RDX (and stealing their recon kits when I kill them). Anyway, I took an image of the Titan layout and placed the icons around the optimum locations. The in-game screenshots show you in better detail where to place em. Btw, I always carry the Zeller in the Titan, it's the best weapon if you ask me. Easy headshots in an area where everyone is crawling around with their head exposed, and great way to detonate explosives when needed.

https://www.gotmex.net/bf2142/images/explosivesPlacement-thumb.jpg
Click on image view larger

Vents:
This is the main source of explosive kills. Troops dropping in have little chance of making it past some well placed APM's. First one is placed right @ the drop zone, but far enough that if they drop RDX, they won't be able to clear the area out easily. Second one is hidden by the wall, kind of like insurance if they make it past the first one. They NEVER see that one. I'm not a big believer in RDX in the vents since it means you can't focus on sniping across the other vent, and it's easier for them to make it by, so save it for the other areas.
https://www.gotmex.net/bf2142/images/ventsAPM-thumb.jpghttps://www.gotmex.net/bf2142/images/ventsAPM2-thumb.jpg
Click on images view larger

Sectors 1 & 2:
It is important to hold these sectors as much as possible they are the easiest to defend. I constantly see people dropping mines right where they can be taken out by a Zeller sniper, so make sure you at least place it where they can't target it. If they try to sneak past it by slowly crawling by, it's usually very easy to snipe them. The other area to place APM's is well concealed by the wall (like in the vents example above), so be sure to place one there. They never see it coming.
https://www.gotmex.net/bf2142/images/sector1-2APM-thumb.jpghttps://www.gotmex.net/bf2142/images/sector1-2APM2-thumb.jpg

Last, the RDX technique is by far the best last resort. You can stay well covered as you can see in the screenshot, and you have excellent view of the sector so you can blow it at the best moment possible. Say 3 troops are rushing in, just wait till they all pass that mark and blow it. They will all explode to pieces. If there's even more troops than that, just place RDX on the opposite wall thingies and you create a nice little chamber of C7 which no one can get by. Conserving RDX is important though, so only when you are alone should you use 4.
https://www.gotmex.net/bf2142/images/sector1-2RDX-thumb.jpghttps://www.gotmex.net/bf2142/images/sector1-2RDXCover-thumb.jpg

Sector 3 & 4:
A bit harder to defend than the other sectors, but same techniques apply. Hide that C4 on those walls, and take cover next to the console. Drop the mines right in those areas too since it's too easy to clear them out anywhere else.
https://www.gotmex.net/bf2142/images/sector3-4APM-thumb.jpghttps://www.gotmex.net/bf2142/images/sector3-4RDX-thumb.jpg
https://www.gotmex.net/bf2142/images/sector3-4RDXCover-thumb.jpg

Reactor Core:
No screens needed here, just place em anywhere and you're bound to get kills. Just follow some of the techniques above of concealing the explosives and you'll defend the area well.

Alrighty, hope this helps some of you get those Explosive Gallantry Badges, and many kill pts as well. I know these suggestions might seem kind of obvious to some of you, but I constantly see terribly placed explosives that could yield so many more kills, and well I just had to post about this. Remember that these techniques work only cause your average troop rushes in without thinking twice. There are ways to overcome an explosive-ridden titan, but I'll leave that for another guide :-).

MOD Sl4y3r: Noooooo need for useless comments! |TOP|´s, Spawn, Entertainer etc. refrain from posting!
Dex Luther
+32|6430|Canukastan
Wow.. I think you were more than a little bored.

Good job though.

+1
gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6593|Warwickshire, England
I'm not a big fan of using explosives on the titan because in truth it requires no skill at all.  If you have got a support guy with you, you can rack up a serious amont of kills and the enemy just keeps coming back for more, so in that sense it is a good tactic to defend titan/get easy kills, but I still think it is lame.

+1 for your time and effort on the guide though!
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6418|Browntown
Go prone into the hole that allows you to drop into the vents, then go prone until you pass the last of the claymores, then shoot the guy that laid them down.

Of course, this going prone thing doesn't work if the guys waiting there with RDX.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6598|Greenwood, IN
Wow, its not that hard to place claymors and C4...  Just place them were there is lots of traffic...  I hate people like that though.  Abuse the purpose of that shit.
GotMex?
+193|6755

Yea yea, I realize that placing APM's/RDX is child's play... but the reason I posted my mini-guide was because I have been able to hold off up to 5 troops attacking either corridor 1/2 for at least 3 waves of assaults, which gives enough time for backup to arrive. Key is to concealing the explosives, while maximizing explosive range, and these are the best ways I've found.

In this configuration, your claymores can take out at least 2 people, and the RDX can take care of at least another 2, all while you are taking cover. If you think these suggestions make no difference, by all means keep placing your mines and rdx where I can snipe em and crawl by them easily. I won't complain. Also I might steal them and relocate them to a better position, so be on the lookout for that.
lt603668
+6|6354|northern cali
Cool but i think this is common shit..
GotMex?
+193|6755

lt603668 wrote:

Once again, if it's common shit... why are 95% of the explosives I see on the titan out in the open, doing nothing to hold off the enemy (just give pts to the troop).
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

GotMex? wrote:

lt603668 wrote:

Once again, if it's common shit... why are 95% of the explosives I see on the titan out in the open, doing nothing to hold off the enemy (just give pts to the troop).
Because, as the name suggests, they're EXPLOSIVE.

You dont need to hide them.

Plus, if you put them on a wall, all they need to do is run round a corner or the other side of the wall from the explosives and be safe.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
But then they could either defuse them (dumb) or Zeller them (smart)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6702|Sweden
though very few people use Zeller when attacking a titan i have´nt seen one single guy doing that to my explosives yet but sure it works but the zeller really ain´t a weapon you want to run around with in close combat
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

madmurre wrote:

though very few people use Zeller when attacking a titan i have´nt seen one single guy doing that to my explosives yet but sure it works but the zeller really ain´t a weapon you want to run around with in close combat
No but if you've gone up that tree then you might as well use it.

Despite that, it still is a very dangerous weapon on the titan - I have a fair few kills with it (though I hate the scope - it makes my eyes hurt looking into that sun coloured thing, plus it makes it that little bit harder to spot enemies)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6634|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

madmurre wrote:

you haven't played with bernadictus yet have you?
lobo76
+2|6702

gbr.hitman wrote:

I'm not a big fan of using explosives on the titan because in truth it requires no skill at all.
u know, i always felt that those the same pple who kept harping on 'skills', are those tat aren't using their brain... it's best to have both of course. but why termed pple as lame, if they decide to use some brains instead of brawn?
1MaNArmY
+2|6790
good effort but you could have used the time to rank up by playing the game
gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6593|Warwickshire, England

lobo76 wrote:

gbr.hitman wrote:

I'm not a big fan of using explosives on the titan because in truth it requires no skill at all.
u know, i always felt that those the same pple who kept harping on 'skills', are those tat aren't using their brain... it's best to have both of course. but why termed pple as lame, if they decide to use some brains instead of brawn?
wtf? Did you read my whole post? because I did say it was a good tactic, even I do it from time to time. And I never said that the people who do it are lame, I was referring to the tactic being lame because it takes no skill to do.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6773

an excellent guide.

Sticky in the 2142 Techniques, Strategies, and Guides section!
SAF.Skellen
+4|6346
This guide has been added to BF2142 Secrets Website (http://bf2142.saf-squad.co.uk) with permission of the Author.

+1
UncleDan
+2|6623|Sweden
A really good guide, thanks man. I use explosivs all the time and from now on i will use it in the titan as u have told us...

I hope u will come as my enemy.
Plum_11
Crazy Plum
+7|6389|The Ameri Suite: Lake Forest
is the zeller the only weapon that can detonate apm and rdx?
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6467|Belgium
would like to know that too actually
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6335

Plum_11 wrote:

is the zeller the only weapon that can detonate apm and rdx?
Indeed it is. Still needs a careful aim though.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

UncleDan wrote:

A really good guide, thanks man. I use explosivs all the time and from now on i will use it in the titan as u have told us...

I hope u will come as my enemy.
Very clever, but he have the AE Defuser and know exactly where you will place them now so he can easily get past them ..... so my blue eyed friends, find new places for your kaboom`s
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6610|InGerLand
gd guide +1
aside from 2 points
1) you can get around the APM mines in the drop zone in vents so easily, if you do not hit your WASD keys when you drop down the vent at all, the APM will not explode, it appears they do not detect you if you fall (but do if you jump) so do not hit the movement keys when you fall, it is so simply but works so well (unless some nub drops behind you and runs and blows you and him up)
2) in the reactor core your RDX can damage your own reactor slightly with splash damage (you will only notice the titan hull bar go down by a really tiny amount) if you place it too near, so i wouldn't advise putting it anywhere but the doors or else you are just helping your team lose

Last edited by sfarrar33 (2007-01-19 08:44:42)

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6784

spawnofthemist wrote:

madmurre wrote:

you haven't played with bernadictus yet have you?
I have.  He was baseraping my uncap - he was flying the Talon, I was in a tank - but that's off topic.

Good guide for titan defence.  I've held off a few squads using the same techniques myself and I know they work.  Best place for using RDX in corridors is on the near-sides of the door-things - where the corridors narrow from < > to | |  - nobody coming down the corridors can see them.  APM on/at the console itself ftw.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard