Poll

should commanders be able to remove bad squad leaders?

yes52%52% - 57
no47%47% - 51
Total: 108
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6563|USA
as squad leaders, we can kick people from the squad who are poor team players.

should commanders be able to do the same to an unresponsive, or just plain bad squad leader?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6739|The United Center
No.  People can always leave the squad and join another one.  Just because a SL doesn't do what the commander wants him to do doesn't mean he's a bad leader.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6368|Inside the AR Rockets.
YES YESS OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ex. 1: "Squad, move to this pos..."
"Negative"
"Squad attack thi..."
"Negative"
"Squad def..."
"Negative"
"You are the worst squad I've ever..."
"Negative"
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6648|The View From The Afternoon
No. Who is the commander to judge if the player is good or bad?
And the function would be abused.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6472|Sheffield-England
think about the shitfaces who just kick all squad leaders...... it wud be mayhem...
James-M-II
+13|6361|ENGLAND

ThomasMorgan wrote:

No.  People can always leave the squad and join another one.  Just because a SL doesn't do what the commander wants him to do doesn't mean he's a bad leader.
i beg to differ my friend. theres nothing more annoying that having a squad leader say no to an order, especially when hes going in the direction your ordering him.
s()mtingWong
+48|6685
Lol what if theres a newb commander/ing?
l41e
+677|6640

James-M-II wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

i beg to differ my friend. theres nothing more annoying that having a squad leader say no to an order, especially when hes going in the direction your ordering him.
There's nothing more annoying while leading a squad than a commander who repeatedly gives orders to attack places you already have your order marker on.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6650|Australia
Sometimes the commander is an absolute idiot, and the orders they are giving are stupid and wont get anywhere.
The squad leader, although he doesnt have all the access to satellite scans, can make an on the ground decision that may ignore the commander, but may result in a more fruitful result for the team.

If commanders could kick leaders who dont follow orders, there would be no initiative, and the whole team's success would depend on how good the commander was.

So in short - No.

Last edited by Iron_Sentinel (2006-11-23 12:18:37)

D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6809|Belgium
No.
Most of the time on servers I play it is the Commander that's the noob..
Besides, if a Squad Leader doesn't follow an order, but does know what he (and his squad) is doing, what's the problem?
And of course you'd always have some smacktard abuser that goes Commander only to get high points & to piss people off by kicking squad leaders..
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6470|Communist Republic of CA, USA
I voted yes, but he should be limited in someway.  Also what do you think about Only squadleaders being involved in a Mutiny vote?
Dwit
+34|6502

HUNDaemon wrote:

"Negative"
"Squad attack thi..."
"Negative"
"Squad def..."
"Negative"
"Negative"
no, it would be like this:
"Nega..."
*kicked*
l41e
+677|6640

Dwit wrote:

HUNDaemon wrote:

"Negative"
"Squad attack thi..."
"Negative"
"Squad def..."
"Negative"
"Negative"
no, it would be like this:
"Nega..."
*kicked*
Nope. It would be more like this.

"Squad,..."
*kicked*
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6648|Brisbane, Australia

No. Have you seen the caliber of retard commanders that all continued moved the titans once the shields were down?

This function would be abused heaps, and just because they dont follow your orders, doesnt mean they dont have  plan.

Now on the otherhand, a "Resign" function where the SL could resign squad leadericy and choose to give SL to another member, God, that would be great

Of course, because of squad hopping, it'd have to be that you can only give SL to members who are dead and you cant perform that function while you are dead. That'd keep everything right
Zefar
+116|6642|Sweden
I'd like to see Squad members to vote againts the Squad Leader if he hasn't put out an attack order within a certain time limit.

Or If a Squad member requesting some orders and don't have one the Squad leader will get minus points the longer he waits but this will kick in like 20-30 seconds after the Squad member have asked for orders. This will force Squad leaders to put out an order and will actually hint players about something.

I think I'm gonna post that on the EA forums. :3 See what happens.
Main_E_ak
That sky looks like ground...
+6|6542|UK

k30dxedle wrote:

There's nothing more annoying while leading a squad than a commander who repeatedly gives orders to attack places you already have your order marker on.
That would be why I voted no. Also being harassed to go somewhere miles away when you have no capability to get there or are just plain tied up in the action at your current location is very, very annoying. That and half of them don't know how to issue an attack on a flag/silo/titan rather than a move order, so you re-issue it anyway.
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6432|Canada
I believe that any squad leader that is not giving out orders should be removed.  Its just bullshit being in a squad when the squad leader is too busy jackin off to give out orders!
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6753
If a squad leader gives orders, both he and his squad get extra points.

If a commander gives orders and people follow them, only the commander gets bonus points. The SL doesn't get anything for following them.

When I command, I often give a SL the same order he has already given. I explain to them that it gets me extra points, and they're happy just to hit page up.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6703|Sweden

HUNDaemon wrote:

"Negative"
"Squad attack thi..."
"Negative"
"Squad def..."
"Negative"
"Negative"
And i hate commanders that spam me with worthless orders if i´m actually trying to help my team out.
Gets really annoying when your commander spam you with the same shit-order 10 times in a row like i did´nt get it the first time...

Normally i don´t bother so much i try to find a nice place to whore and stick to that, remember that most players play to satisfy themselves not to make you happier though alot of players are still kinda retarded it ain´t that hard to actually resupply your team as a support or heal as a assault
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica
No, it would be too easy to abuse.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker
No, get a lame commander with issues and he could really handicap his team by constantly booting people out of the squad leader position. Also, some people playing 2142 have not played BF2 and are learning the game.  They might be doing a bad job while learning.  Booting bad squad leaders is not fair in that light.  If a squad leader is not giving orders and coordinating squad movement, I jump out and start my own.
Smoke_Deez
+8|6378
Not a good idea, I would say 80% of the time my commander has no fucking clue what he/she is doing.  I know you can vote em out, and I do if they truly suck balls.  The usual problem I have with them is so many are disconnected with what is really going on.  For example dropping arty on the flag my squad is moving into cap = remedial.  Telling me to attack a flag that is literally on the other side of the map from my current position.  I am by no way saying commanders can not be of great value, because obviously a good commander can turn the tides of a battle, I am saying most commanders do in fact suck and therefor this idea could never come to fruition.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
I wish squad leaders could remove commanders easier.

Today we had the CRAPPIEST commander. Did nothing for the whole round (yet ended up with 82 points!)

Mutinies didn't work - one mutiny said '16 votes for mutiny, 9 votes needed. Commander... stays'

WTF?!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Its called knife/revive
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6666|Houston, Texas
No. I can't tell you how many annoying commanders who don't pay attention to what's going on, but continue to give orders. I'll have made the way all the way to the back flag, popped a beacon, then he gives attack orders for a flag way off in the middle of f'in nowhere.

A lot of commanders are idiots, and they in no way, shape, or form should be allowed to remove what they see is a bad squad leader. I'd have been removed countless times for saying no to an order, because the commander doesn't know how to read his commander screen properly, or they'd see I already have an attack order down on the flag I am attempting to cap.

If anything, I wouldn't mind a Mutiny vote on idiot squad leaders. A lot of time my clanmates and I will swap out squad leader positions depending on changing scenarios, and there is nothing better then that idiot who joined the squad and has no clue wtf is going on, regardless of how many times you say something on voip/squad chat.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard