FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
Just want to know, is there anyone else recovering their stats from the early "noob" days. ive been trying to for a while, how am i doing? and hints/tips on how to keep succeding?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
malarkeycoon
+16|6636|Cardiff
Yes I have. But very slowly. The first time I checked my stats was the first time I logged onto this site. I have been trying to recover ever since. I had kd ratio of 0.6 and spm of about 1. Its now only .95 and 1.4. Its hard to improve though when a) I'm not very good and b) I don't really care that much.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6515|Adelaide, South Australia

i had nothing to recover from. i've been l33t from the start
DeltaGrey
+1|6521|Finland
o/

Early noob days waiting at helipad for copter 20mins and then fly 3mins... realy fucked stats but oh well...

and yeah you are doing fine i think, just keep plying and they go up.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6618|Little Bentcock
yes
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6555|The real world
Play with good players
WarriorDave
+10|6366|Louisville, Ky
I'm recovering from my early stats. Not only did I suck back in the early days of BF2, but my computer I had back then was very slow, and killing was extremely hard. I didn't do so well until after I built a new system and had time to play, but by that time I had nearly even scores around 11,600 kills and 10,200 deaths. My SPM was around 2.0.
I think I sucked the first 3-4 months, but my stats were bad and my FPS was so low that it was hard to do much good.
I do very well now, after experimenting with a wide range of weapons, I went back to the M16A2. Everyone complains that the G36E is the best weapon, but honestly, M16>AK101>G36E.
In the old days, I couldn't kill many people with any weapon. These days (before my leave) I can stomp a mud hole in most people's asses, with the exception of ultra uber geek nerd have-no-life players, and dolphin diving noobs with the illusion they're good.
SMELLYMONKEY
+5|6373|SOMERSET UK
My scores been consitently mediocre but not really to bothered as long as i enjoy the game.

Just keep playing for the enjoyment and don't worry about the stats it will jus ruin the game for you. As long as you enjoy it an keep playing your stats will naturally go up.

Good luck m8ty :-)
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6735|Comber, Northern Ireland
yeha i had been trying to get my KDr above one...now its like 1.0117
jcurts
+25|6361|Coventry, UK
I started playing late august 2006, for about 2 weeks, then, I had to move and was without internet for about a month. So, once I got it, I started playing and my SPM was .9487 and my KDR was .7708 . So, I played and of course, noob mistakes like chopper camping and playing solo trying to kill everyone with my sniper rifle.

Then, I found a nice server to play and learn at. Now, about a month and couple of weeks later:

SPM: 1.5192
KDR: 1.0599

So, I did recover, but now the difficult part is to keep the good ratios and improve them.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6489|N. Ireland
yep. watched my KDR go from 0.4 to 0.8 now, my accuracy from 19 to 21 percent and my spm from about 0.7 to 1.3 ish.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6361
Still recovering. I had a .38 KDR and I brought it up to .83... Had a SPM of .98 and brought it up to 1.94. I brought a lot of things up and consider myself a decent player now.

Last edited by [Hive]-Twist (2006-12-03 11:06:50)

OAZ-398
+1|6385
well im only a staff sergeant (6677pts) and enrolled 2006-10-06
so ive only been playing for almost 2 months now so i dont know nothing yet....

K/D Ratio 0.5505
SPM 1.1601
Accuracy 15.87%

my accuracy is improving.
but the K/D ratio hardly goes up

i always join a squad and stay with them now...
before i joined a squad and sat on a rooftop looking thru scope all game and didnt get much kills/score/cap's etc...

the key for new players  for improving themselves and being a better player is to log in to this site and start reading whats on here...
start out with ROE!!!!

remember... these words is coming from a nOOb...
I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT! ITS SHINING AT BF2s!
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6587|Reisterstown, MD

When I was started Bf2 in March, I was terrible.  I had a k/d below 1.  I think I have recovered well enough for that but I am still working on some weapon stats.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6527
At one point in your BF2 career. Well at least for me you will start owning everything that moves. You will start getting one of the 3 top medals each round mostly the gold. Then you know your out of your noob days as a player. There still might be some noob days in planes or choppers if you havent used them much but for the most part you will cease to be a noob.
{MOD}DREW
+26|6661
Im still recovering from choosing that POS Engineer full auto pistol, instead of that leet sniper rifle.  I was extremely pissed for about....... um.  3 months.

Damn Engineers,

Drew
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6752|United States of America
My K/D started at about 0.91, and has gotten up to 1.7 something.  My SPM was like, 1.4 and has gone up to 2.5 or so.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6623|Warlord

fatherted13 wrote:

Just want to know, is there anyone else recovering their stats from the early "noob" days.
Oh yeah, bigtime in my case

FYI the great majority of the guys here have been improving since they first played. And despite what they might say, or think, even good players are better now (sometimes significantly) than when they started, so take "I've always kicked ass" with a tiny pinch of salt.

Anyway, in my case I finally dragged my global KDR up to above 1 at the beginning of May. My global accuracy was around 17.3% in April, now 26.76%; sniper-rifle accuracy is now 50.5%, up from ~36%; my KDR was 0.88, now 1.75 (running at 3.22 for the last couple of months of play). I've been working on my assault rifle and carbine KDRs a bit lately, playing carefully, and they're currently running at 1.8 and 1.9 respectively.

fatherted13 wrote:

and hints/tips on how to keep succeding?
Be motivated (like you are).

Practice fairly consistently if possible.

Play fairly conservatively for now, but if you want to take the trouble another thing that'll help your stats is to work on any weaker aspects of your game in singleplayer until that doesn't seem challenging at all, then play unranked, then go playing on ranked servers. But once you pass a certain standard you'll do better anyway because your general aim will have improved and be more consistent and you'll have a greater situational awareness/appreciation of threats etc.

But I think the one thing that may make the most difference in the shortest time is to play in cooperating squads (with friends if you can manage it). Lots of medics have a KDR of 2-3 because they can heal themselves after close calls, the same basic thing applies to people who play closely with good medics... you can die repeatedly but end up with a great KDR at the end of the round no problem.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6366|Pittsburgh, PA USA
I'm just starting to get back towards the top of the hill, I got owned by everything & everyone for a good solid month SPM was .6864 & KDR was .3990 but now SPM is about 1.5 & KDR is approx 0.9 so I'm on my way but not quite there yet.
My accuracy is & probably always will be horrid though because I've figured out how to get more kills/damage but by doing so I waste a lot of bullets. Also learning that the pistol is one of the most accurate weapons in the game has helped me get some points.
The best thing you can possibly do for your score (and for fun too) is learn how to track with a rifle/pistol. It seems like it would be more complicated than it is but if you figure that people can only run & walk at a certain speed all you really have to do is get used to the angles their moving at. Tracking has to be the most helpful thing I have learned in BF2.
adv3rsary
+28|6712
i have had few stats i really had to recover from.. had .5 K : D in jet with over 1000 deaths... now its near 5:1 with less than 1500 deaths.. similar with chopper, Pistol KDR...

Last edited by adv3rsary (2006-11-23 14:27:07)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6562|England

Well, my KDR, SPM and WLR graphs pretty much show that Ive been constantly improving.

http://bf2s.com/player/68104642/history/WLR/
http://bf2s.com/player/68104642/history/KDR/
http://bf2s.com/player/68104642/history/SPM/

My KDR started out at around 0.6-0.8 (not too bad for a beginner) and has been consistently rising, and I broke the big 2 KDR the other week.

Accuracy has been pretty constant, certainly improved and then levelled out where its been staying at for a good while now. Fluctuations of the odd 0.05....blah, so what. I often shoot their air with any weapon I can get a hold of in a vehicle
http://bf2s.com/player/68104642/history/Accuracy/

I do still have to recover from shitty Infantry weapon KD's since they are really low compared to what I am achieving now, mostly anything from 2/1 to 3/1 ratios, occasionlly higher.
They are totally fucked up from my "noob" karkand days from when I first started the game. Im ashamed of that really. Not being crap but having spent so much time on that shitty map
Assault Rifle KDR is improving, it was 1.4 a few months back and the AT/AA is also going up. Pistol KDR I have just broke even and that is also going up.

Vehicle KD's are fine for what I do. I dont spawnrape city maps with Armour but I do blow the hell out of enemy tanks and ground forces on the "proper maps" (FuShe, Smoke Screen, DV, Daqing, etc) and a 5KDR reflects that. I learnt how to play Armour on Smoke Screen (60hours worth) and its really paid off for me on the other maps.
AA KDR is mostly from downing choppers and jets....and the odd Ghost Town whoreage The Essex gun on Gator has in the past month raised it from a 5 to a 6 ratio which Im pleased with
Chopper KDR is rapidly rising too with my new found love for the skies, but only the SF choppers. Im not a fan of the vanilla choppers for some reason So just about all of my chopper time and kills have come from SF. I cant handle jets to save my life so that one will permanently be low and im not fussed about that either....let the bastards TK each other for them.

Last edited by Snake (2006-11-23 14:49:18)

deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6478

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

hahah ur stats are def not l337
WarriorDave
+10|6366|Louisville, Ky

deadawakeing wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

hahah ur stats are def not l337
Hey don't bash him, at least post something constructive and in-line with the topic.
Besides, maybe from when he started, how he plays now is leet in his opinion. I think any improvement is a good thing.
Des.Kmal
+917|6614|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

fatherted13 wrote:

Just want to know, is there anyone else recovering their stats from the early "noob" days. ive been trying to for a while, how am i doing? and hints/tips on how to keep succeding?
u got a better kdr than me.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
lol cheers for all your comments, my overall stats are only really increasing through playing sniper tho, which im not bad at, not as good as todd_angelo tho i dont think

proud of my anti tank kd tho, that took a lot of time on warlord, overusing the sraw for everything, infantry and vehicles

Last edited by fatherted13 (2006-11-24 13:25:02)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard