Dopin_Nuts
+1|6769
You don't have to have the guns unlocked to use them, which is uhh kinda weird caz it completely defeats the purpose of being able to unlock them.  But for example, I was playing Ghost Town and I was the SAS and the only SF gun I had unlocked was the F2000, but I could use the mp7 and all the different variants of the g36, even though theyre all unlocks.
ronin1942
+-1|6859
they are only unlocks for bf2 core they are standard guns in sf ......you should really read around befor you post.
Icleos
+101|6758
Or play a little longer... =\
I'm getting tired of telling people ingame that the unlocks are for the regular BF2 maps.
Like the FS2000 or something comes with a flashband grenade in the regular maps to.  ^^ Oh Fun!

Lets make kankard a little more chaotic now with flashbangs...

Last edited by Icleos (2005-11-23 14:35:29)

Fearnight
+0|6751

Icleos wrote:

Or play a little longer... =\
I'm getting tired of telling people ingame that the unlocks are for the regular BF2 maps.
Like the FS2000 or something comes with a flashband grenade in the regular maps to.  ^^ Oh Fun!

Lets make kankard a little more chaotic now with flashbangs...
Well, they are. Lets say you unlock the F2000. You will find that in Special Forces it will not let you use it unless you play SAS (which get it as default anyway). The only time you can use your new unlock is in regular BF2. The logic behind this makes no sense to me. I was under the impression that when you unlock a gun in SF you will be able to use it both in SF and regular BF2.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6746|Rochester, NY
How you even unlock the new SF weapons in the core game anyway? I want the G36E and I have unlocked L85A1  for the medic kit. Do you have to fricken wait until you are promoted to the next rank or what???
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6756

BlackLegion42 wrote:

How you even unlock the new SF weapons in the core game anyway? I want the G36E and I have unlocked L85A1  for the medic kit. Do you have to fricken wait until you are promoted to the next rank or what???
No you just play a ranked server, wait for round to finish, quit, log out (if you have to or slip to next step), The "Choose you Unlock(s)" window will appear, choose the ones that are not the one from the reguar Bf2 , and now go play on a reg BF2 Server and have fun with your SF unlock. Also before you choose, play as the SAS and see which unlocks you like. Another word of advice, dont chose the Spec-Ops gun, it is horrible. Thanks.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6781|Toronto Canada
that is awesome, so the sick unlocks in sf are usable in normal bf2?
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6776|San Antonio, Texas

kessel! wrote:

that is awesome, so the sick unlocks in sf are usable in normal bf2?
Yes if you unlock a weapon in BF2:SF and then play BF2, you will be able to use that unlocked weapon. (It's fun tossing a flash nade down the MEC's hallway.)
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6746|Rochester, NY

SnobbyBoss wrote:

BlackLegion42 wrote:

No you just play a ranked server, wait for round to finish, quit, log out (if you have to or slip to next step), The "Choose you Unlock(s)" window will appear, choose the ones that are not the one from the reguar Bf2 , and now go play on a reg BF2 Server and have fun with your SF unlock. Also before you choose, play as the SAS and see which unlocks you like. Another word of advice, dont chose the Spec-Ops gun, it is horrible. Thanks.
I don't have SF I only have the core game with v1.12 patch on it. So that means I can't get it??? I feel sad again...
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6756

BlackLegion42 wrote:

SnobbyBoss wrote:

BlackLegion42 wrote:

I don't have SF I only have the core game with v1.12 patch on it. So that means I can't get it??? I feel sad again...
Well you could give someone you gamer name (on BF2) to someone who does have SF amd he could give to you. then you can have your unlock without the game.
pdanrichey
+5|6823
I was also freaking confused about this whole unlock mess before I got on the forums.  I didn't understand why I only got the freaking normal guns when playing as insurgents...but then got the guns I unlocked while playing as another team, like the Seals or Brits.  It's somewhat gay IMO.  I bought the game today, but played last night against people with the new guns on Strike @ Karkand...I quite enjoyed picking them up and using them.  Now that I have them...regular BF2 will be just that much more fun.
FelDaCougar
+0|6743|In a tree

SnobbyBoss wrote:

BlackLegion42 wrote:

Ok, one sec, does this happen -every- time you play a ranked map, or just the first? Because after playing a single map once I got the game, I got an unlock, but not once after.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard