-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6712
Well, I've been looking around, and I'm too lazy to read all of the battlewalker guide (it's a good guide, though, don't get me wrong ), and I have a bit of a tip that I'm not sure has been mentioned yet: Ya know how the walkers can be nearly submerged in water and not take damage, right? Well, I was messing around in single-player on Belgrade (I think it was belgrade, at least)(this is after I applied the new patch, wanted to check for any major differences), and ended up with my Walker in the pool of water by the PAC base. That's when I realized something: If you go into water like that, you greatly decreace the size of your hitbox! Think about it: normally, you have a whole walker (top,legs, hips, you get the deal) to fire at, but if you jump in a puddle, shazam! Your legs, hips, and vents are now exempt from damage and you are a much smaller target. Also, people are going to have a fun time c4'ing you. I've yet to try this in an online game (I don't end up in a walker much  :p), so I figured I would ask your opinions/tell you about it. Has anyone done this yet? To any good success?
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6652|Brisbane, Australia

Lol, repairing would be a bitch.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6564|NYC / Hamburg

sounds crazy enough to be a good tactic. i'll try that out on my next battlewalker run
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6638|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
and you couldnt have posted this to be added in my guide why?
You felt you needed your own topic because?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6734

-MP-Nuke1266 wrote:

Well, I've been looking around, and I'm too lazy to read all of the battlewalker guide (it's a good guide, though, don't get me wrong ), and I have a bit of a tip that I'm not sure has been mentioned yet: Ya know how the walkers can be nearly submerged in water and not take damage, right? Well, I was messing around in single-player on Belgrade (I think it was belgrade, at least)(this is after I applied the new patch, wanted to check for any major differences), and ended up with my Walker in the pool of water by the PAC base. That's when I realized something: If you go into water like that, you greatly decreace the size of your hitbox! Think about it: normally, you have a whole walker (top,legs, hips, you get the deal) to fire at, but if you jump in a puddle, shazam! Your legs, hips, and vents are now exempt from damage and you are a much smaller target. Also, people are going to have a fun time c4'ing you. I've yet to try this in an online game (I don't end up in a walker much  :p), so I figured I would ask your opinions/tell you about it. Has anyone done this yet? To any good success?
It's all fun and games, untill someone brings a Pilum H-AVR to the fight, and then you lose an eye.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6638|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Bernadictus wrote:

-MP-Nuke1266 wrote:

It's all fun and games, untill someone brings a Pilum H-AVR to the fight, and then you lose an eye.
and a battlewalker.
التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6364|Cali
That's a very ingenious idea. +1 away to you nuke!
zeidmaan
+234|6412|Vienna

Thats a nice idea altho I cant think of place where you could do it and still be close to the battle ?
JohnLeavitt
+16|6440
just w8 till a guy with RDX pods from the ACP ontop of ur head lol, i have done that acouple of times... or you will get RDX ramed... good idea though... would work well..
CackNBallz
+45|6739|Toronto, Canada

zeidmaan wrote:

Thats a nice idea altho I cant think of place where you could do it and still be close to the battle ?
I can think of one map, the ramps in between all 3 flags at Tunis Harbour.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6703|67.222.138.85

spawnofthemist wrote:

and you couldnt have posted this to be added in my guide why?
You felt you needed your own topic because?
Because this is a completely seperate tactic, and not in your guide. Don't harass him for not bumping your thread, it sounds like a good idea to me.

And no one said you can't add it to your guide.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6712
Thanks for all the positive feedback! I'm glad I could provide some new info to the community o.0
Dex Luther
+32|6435|Canukastan
I wonder what happens if you crouch lol. If you don't die it'd be funny surprising people as a walker rises from the water and takes them out and then lowers itself back in.
Volatile
+252|6701|Sextupling in Empire

Lockness mech?
Dex Luther
+32|6435|Canukastan

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Lockness mech?
haha exactly!
Stags
+26|6653

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Lockness mech?
  A good laugh there.

I'll have to try that out... it would make a good movie intro too.  If I ever get around to making a bf2142 video.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard