88mm
+8|6807
Yeah, finally got it .... Expert Explosive Ordinance !!

https://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9951/screen077ls0.th.jpg

Here are the basic conditions:
  • Playing Sniper and using Claymores. This is better than trying with C4 runs (that was how I got Vet Explosive ... with a lot of suicides ).
  • Infantry only map. Vehicles tend to make for shorter games and fewer people running into your Claymores.... .
  • Half-full 64-player Karkand map. This is important because full maps last too short. Too few players is also bad, because then there is not enough 'action'.
  • Two teams that are balanced and want to win. This is important as such a game lasts longer because flags are contested all the time. At least one flag must be US controlled on Karkand for the game to last .

So last night all the conditions were met. The initial attack on Hotel was fierce and gave me 16 Claymore kills pretty fast, with about 220 tickets left. Then Suburb (I think) fell. This distraction meant that Hotel also did fall, which meant that I got about 7 more Claymore defending Square. Then Square also fell. At this point it is usually difficult to get many more Claymore kills... But the teams were balanced, and my team managed to defend Train, and  I got 3 more here. Finally we counter-attacked Square, and I got the last 4 around this flag (see the picture).

I managed to get another 2 Claymore kills and even had time to play some Medic. After a round of about 50 minutes my MEC team won 2-0 ... which just shows how important time and balanced teams are.

Also important is that I had only 1 [Killed] result and the rest were [Claymore] . That's luck.

So, I would say that this badge is 50% long map, 30% skill and 20% good luck .....
RexRandy
+2|6716
The long round is the most important part of it...
specops10-4
+108|6744|In the hills
That is the easy but very cheap way to get it, I think the most fun way is to jihad on jalalabad
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

"60% of the time, it works everytime!"

good job. now i just need that Vet explosive....

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2006-11-21 03:37:26)

jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

specops10-4 wrote:

That is the easy but very cheap way to get it, I think the most fun way is to jihad on jalalabad
not the suicide badge
Bucephale
+5|6649|yes, Canada
Good job Major, now call me back when you'll get those 20 IAR repair points!!!!!!! (and share your knowledge!!!!!!!
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
claymore spamming is gay .
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6592|Scarborough Yorkshire England
I got mine claymore whoring the tv station on Warlord, you need a buddy who is support to keep dropping you Ammo and persistant opposition who keep trying over and over again.
I was 2 away doing the same on shiraqi tv station
']['error
Banned
+630|6645|The Netherlands

Bucephale wrote:

Good job Major, now call me back when you'll get those 20 IAR repair points!!!!!!! (and share your knowledge!!!!!!!
- get in the water with an car and repair yourseld while sitting in the back
- flip an boat upside down, press F3 and start repairing.

I got my expert explosives badge on an pistol/knife server lol! there was no admin, and everybody was knifing, so i dropped some c4 over the place for about 8 times and then i got it
88mm
+8|6807

Jinto-sk wrote:

I got mine claymore whoring the tv station on Warlord, you need a buddy who is support to keep dropping you Ammo and persistant opposition who keep trying over and over again.
I was 2 away doing the same on shiraqi tv station
Yep. That's important. I forgot to mention it. Without someone dropping Ammo (or commander good at dropping crates), you can't get this badge.....!
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA
Or you can go on an IO Warlord server and hope the SAS capture one point in the palace quickly, then you can spam claymores everywhere. That's what I did and at least it wasn't statpadding since all of them were legitimate kills.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA
I don't think instructions can be given on how to get that badge, only pointers. It's one of those awards that has to come in a certain round where every factor is in place and everything is coming together. I played probly 20 rounds before i got it. And it wasn't by anyones tactics or stratagies. I did it mostly by Jihad, but after 15-20 jihad kills the other team sorta expects it, so i had to switch my approach. Next i had a couple AT mine kills, but those don't rack up kills fast enough. I finished out with a mix of Claymore and more jihad. 37 kills seemed easy but it really wasn't.

That drumroll never sounded so sweet

https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i20/cbasterd420/screen030.png
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
zomfglol
+1|6373
With retarded Claymores and 30 kills only it's so freaking easy.
I got it the hard way, 37 kills, with C4's in a full Karkand.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6690|London, UK
the one gold badge i wont get lol, i nearly got it once i think i needed two more kills( on jalalabad with cars) i got behind a tank and flipped the switch and instead of saying i killed the tank with c4 it said the car killed the tank and i was like WTF :@ HaX!

Last edited by bullit (2006-11-21 08:08:52)

turkeybacon
+50|6447|Dragon Valley
If you have a support guy with you, how many claymores can you plant at once before they start disappearing?
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA

turkeybacon wrote:

If you have a support guy with you, how many claymores can you plant at once before they start disappearing?
U can only have 2 active claymores at once
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
INDREKK367
+10|6487
I got my veteran explosive 4 days ago on TV2 and still it hasn't showed up.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

88mm wrote:

Yeah, finally got it .... Expert Explosive Ordinance !!

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9951 … ls0.th.jpg

Also important is that I had only 1 [Killed] result and the rest were [Claymore] . That's luck.
Why does it say "killed" sometimes and "claymore" other times, and does it make a difference?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
i think if it goes down as [killed] it doesnt count. not sure tho
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

fatherted13 wrote:

Really, it doesn't count?
So you don't even get two points?!
Or do you just mean it doesn't count as an explosive kill?
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK

88mm wrote:

So last night all the conditions were met. The initial attack on Hotel was fierce and gave me 16 Claymore kills pretty fast, with about 220 tickets left. Then Suburb (I think) fell. This distraction meant that Hotel also did fall, which meant that I got about 7 more Claymore defending Square. Then Square also fell. At this point it is usually difficult to get many more Claymore kills... But the teams were balanced, and my team managed to defend Train, and  I got 3 more here. Finally we counter-attacked Square, and I got the last 4 around this flag (see the picture).

I managed to get another 2 Claymore kills and even had time to play some Medic. After a round of about 50 minutes my MEC team won 2-0 ... which just shows how important time and balanced teams are.

So, I would say that this badge is 50% long map, 30% skill and 20% good luck .....
So what exactly did you do between laying the claymores and them blowing people up? You must have hidden somewhere or ran away or what? Because otherwise they expire after you die and youd have to keep planting more.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

petermassingale wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

Really, it doesn't count?
So you don't even get two points?!
Or do you just mean it doesn't count as an explosive kill?
you still get two points, it just doesnt get counted as a explosive kill- i think
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6585|England

']['error wrote:

Bucephale wrote:

- get in the water with an car and repair yourseld while sitting in the back
- flip an boat upside down, press F3 and start repairing.

I got my expert explosives badge on an pistol/knife server lol! there was no admin, and everybody was knifing, so i dropped some c4 over the place for about 8 times and then i got it
Basic explosives in one go with kills to spare on a PnK server... good times. Got banned for it, but the award still stuck.

https://img57.imageshack.us/img57/8346/screen209pa1.jpg

Last edited by =Karma-Kills= (2006-11-21 09:45:47)

KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6682|Dayton, Ohio
I always recommend Warlord+Palace+Claymores+SupplyCrate+SAS=Pissed off insurgents.
I finally got expert by taking 1 flag at the palace and booby trapping it so that the Insurgents always had to come back.  Kept a supply crate handy and while they were blowing up I was resupplying.  Rinse and repeat.  I racked up over 40 kills in one round with just a little commander help.  Fun part was the enemy never found me while I was resupplying on one of the balconies.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6682|Dayton, Ohio

Bucephale wrote:

Warlord as insurgents.  Use the apc and just keep going back to the palace to repare the assets.  Stay alive and if the SAS take the palace, let them keep blowing things up.  Just make sure you keep other flags in play to keep the round going.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard