sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina
FOUR MONTHS OF GAZA DEATHS
Total: 247 fatalities
155 civilian deaths
57 deaths of children
996 wounded, including 337 children (34%)
Source: Physicians for Human Rights (28 June to 27 Oct)

Israeli forces have made regular incursions into Gaza and the West Bank following the capture of an Israeli soldier, Cpl Gilad Shalit, in a cross-border raid by Palestinian militants on 25 June. About 400 Palestinians, many of them civilians, have been killed in the attacks.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Life can be a bitch.
But I guess it all comes down to the fact that we are power hungry, in-humane, stupid homosapiens.
Simon
basically
+838|6659|UK
wtf? Why did I think this was about 24/7 Karkand servers.

/Lays off crack
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

zimmer92 wrote:

Life can be a bitch.
But I guess it all comes down to the fact that we are power hungry, in-humane, stupid homosapiens.
QFT

Simon wrote:

wtf? Why did I think this was about 24/7 Karkand servers.

/Lays off crack
I missed the /

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-11-20 09:35:43)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Why ?
From your link
Women and children mingled with militants to deter an Israeli strike.
It just doesn't seem to smart to me. If you were trying to protect your women and children wouldn't you want to keep them as far away from the people who would be targeted by Israel's military?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

Why ?
From your link
It just doesn't seem to smart to me. If you were trying to protect your women and children wouldn't you want to keep them as far away from the people who would be targeted by Israel's military?
Those people are protecting their homes, like a tree hugger.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Why ?
From your link
With the lives of their children? Cmon, you have to prioritize. A childs life is worth more than a material possession in my opinion.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-11-20 10:34:37)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d
bloodwar. .
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Why ?
From your link

With the lives of their children? Cmon, you have to prioritize. A childs life is worth more than a material possession in my opinion.
It's all symbolic.  They are saying "this is our land and we'll protect it with our lives".  IMO a material possession isn't worth a child's life.  But, those people were screwed for a long time, and their beliefs are different than yours or mine.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6562
Doesn't this belong on Cam's death log thread? Or as I like to call it "People in the wrong place at the wrong time" thread.

Last edited by rawls2 (2006-11-20 11:04:50)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6551|Southeastern USA
protecting their homes or their rocket launch pads? oh, guess they're the same thing.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

kr@cker wrote:

protecting their homes or their rocket launch pads? oh, guess they're the same thing.
You can do better kr@cker.  Who is your forum advisor Lowing?
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

rawls2 wrote:

Doesn't this belong on Cam's death log thread? Or as I like to call it "People in the wrong place at the wrong time" thread.
I think cam was only doing the death log for a certain amount of time.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

It's all symbolic.  They are saying "this is our land and we'll protect it with our lives".  IMO a material possession isn't worth a child's life.  But, those people were screwed for a long time, and their beliefs are different than yours or mine.
I understand this. I would even go so far to say I understand someone placing their own body in the path of destruction to display the commitment they have towards their future. Where I get lost is (and I'm pretty sure you agree) is when they encourage children to do the same. It appears that they are more concerned in being able to show the world that the Israeli's disregard the life of a child. It is clearly evident that the parents show little respect for the lives of their children as well. It just does little to help gain support when they show lack of desire to protect their own children.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

Kmarion wrote:

I understand this. I would even go so far to say I understand someone placing their own body in the path of destruction to display the commitment they have towards their future. Where I get lost is (and I'm pretty sure you agree) is when they encourage children to do the same. It appears that they are more concerned in being able to show the world that the Israeli's disregard the life of a child. It is clearly evident that the parents show little respect for the lives of their children as well. It just does little to help gain support when they show lack of desire to protect their own children.
The Palestinians have never exactly been known for their PR prowess, which in a media-oriented global culture is a massive impediment to their cause!

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-11-20 11:24:40)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6551|Southeastern USA
it's the same idiotic mentality that has them parading toddlers around with explosive belts and teaching them to build them instead of learning to read
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I am reminded of something Al-Hamid Al-Ansari said.

"We have not succeeded in making our children love life. We have taught them how to die for the sake of Allah, but we have not taught them how to live for the sake of Allah."
Xbone Stormsurgezz
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

Well, you have to look at this from their perspective: if they stop fighting, and educate their kids, they might be wasting military training time, which in turn might be risking losing their country. Cause and effect, that simple. I'm sure the situation would deteriorate if no one were attacking them constantly.
Fen321
+54|6499|Singularity

kr@cker wrote:

it's the same idiotic mentality that has them parading toddlers around with explosive belts and teaching them to build them instead of learning to read
yup  that's exactly what every single Palestinian does, they strap belts on there children and parade them around. And for the Israeli counter parts they teach them how to launch smart bombs at Palestinian refugee camps.

Notice anything wrong with this?

I do its called oversimplification of an issue.....ever bother asking why are they doing certain things? What would cause a family to go to such  extremes?

P.S. Palestinians don't have a country of their own, what was theirs was taken back in 1948

Last edited by Fen321 (2006-11-20 11:53:09)

smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6632|USA
What I cant figure out is, no one from either side has said enough.  Give back the soldier, so we can keep our children and country safe.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6744|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Hey the Israelis murder their children as they sit at their desks at school, as they play in the streets or as they sleep in their beds.  What options have these people left?  what does it matter where their children are? it's clear by the unwavering support of Israel's actions that the people who count don't give a shit, so they don't deserve your ridicule now you suddenly care where their children are.

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-11-20 12:06:50)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6765|d

smtt686 wrote:

What I cant figure out is, no one from either side has said enough.  Give back the soldier, so we can keep our children and country safe.
one soldier is noting compared to hundred and thousands of mostly innocent which isreal still holds.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

IG-Calibre wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Hey the Israelis murder their children as they sit at their desks at school, as they play in the streets or as they sleep in their beds.  What options have these people left?  where does it matter where their children are? it's clear by the unwavering support of Israels actions that the people who count don't give a shit, so they don't deserve your ridicule now you suddenly care where their children are
Have I ever said I support the military actions of Israel? When it comes to intentionally placing children in the line of fire I do care. There is a difference. There is no circumstance or "option" that would justify sacrificing children. You say I suddenly care about them as if you know how I feel. You are way off base and jumping to conclusions. The truth of the matter is I don't give a shit what side is doing it, it's fucking wrong.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Pathetic that some Palestinians are putting themselves and their children directly in harm's way.

Pathetic that they (Palestinians) can correctly predict Israeli military action.

Pathetic that the people of Israel can be represented by such a ruthless government/military.
Lisik
+74|6502|Israel
https://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6254/image002tt1.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard