Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6642
I don't understand why that map is so popular. I always switch teams to the EU because they win 99% of the time there. It's usually a constant standoff between the first EU flag and the PAC uncap resulting in the PAC never capping a single flag the entire match. It's horrible for infantry as well who will get owned by vehicles or grenade spam in one of the 3 choke points. If the EU has any clue what they are doing, PAC will never get an opportunity to back-cap, much less grab the first flag.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/1160123891626fz1.gif > Fall of Berlin.

Discuss.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6576|Melbourne, Australia.
I havn't played 64 berlin but 32 is ok. Generally no flags are ever capped but it makes for some good sniping
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6571

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

I havn't played 64 berlin but 32 is ok. Generally no flags are ever capped but it makes for some good sniping
Thats because there is only 32 and 16 player size maps.

I like this map, but Belgrade more fun I think. Berlin has no side passages. If an APC and Walker are together the will most likely stop anything getting through.

The APC second seat is usually where you'll find me though. APC mortors FTW!!!

Last edited by daffytag (2006-11-20 04:09:45)

Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6729|Singapore
Yes i agree, the map is only a point whoring for the EU.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6638|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
Actually.. 9/10 on the -=AN=- server we rape the fuck out of the EU back to their vehicle spawn point.

it all depends on the team, and how many different ways you can advance to the next flag.
ssonrats
+221|6641
Berlin is the best map imo.
Master*
Banned
+416|6490|United States

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I don't understand why that map is so popular. I always switch teams to the EU because they win 99% of the time there. It's usually a constant standoff between the first EU flag and the PAC uncap resulting in the PAC never capping a single flag the entire match. It's horrible for infantry as well who will get owned by vehicles or grenade spam in one of the 3 choke points. If the EU has any clue what they are doing, PAC will never get an opportunity to back-cap, much less grab the first flag.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/ … 626fz1.gif > Fall of Berlin.

Discuss.
the only thing i disagree with is "Fall of Berlin sucks."
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6653|Devil's Perch

spawnofthemist wrote:

it all depends on the team, and how many different ways you can advance to the next flag.
Completely agreed.
Proud member of a dead community.
Zukabazuka
+23|6681
My idea is just to use the gunship and fly straight to another flag, That is your biggest chance of survival and right after that fly to another, because this flag will now be one of the main targets so staying is sucide. Yeah team are also a key to victory.

You might have a chance of boosting by the flag in a jeep but that flag has over 4tanks 2 walkers so good luck
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6825
I agree with the OP, on a large server (48-64) there are so many people to cover so few ways in that just did my head in the few times I've tried this map. Probably makes for a better map on 32 man though.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6405|Espoo, Finland

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Sounds just like Karkand.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6733

Berlin > Full PAC BTR-4 + Excellent crew = PWNG.
JohnLeavitt
+16|6439
The best strategy for the PAC team is to send a squad of cloaked recon units down over the ice hill and run to the back and cap the EU flag. grab their walker, and blast the EU right off the map... i did this with a cool squad, lol 6 invisable dudes, we even sadistily knifed the EU commander. like all 6 of us at once lol...
Nintendogamer
+72|6583|Chelmsford, UK
Belgrade is so much better.
JohnLeavitt
+16|6439

Nintendogamer wrote:

exactly....
Master*
Banned
+416|6490|United States

JohnLeavitt wrote:

Nintendogamer wrote:

exactly....
the two maps fall of berlin and belgrade look exactly the same, like someone copied and pasted the buildings in different areas. they both have that monorail too

https://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/Masterstyle/berlin32.jpghttps://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k36/Masterstyle/belgrade32.jpg

Last edited by Masterstyle (2006-11-20 09:52:21)

Magius5.0
+106|6377|UMass Amherst

JohnLeavitt wrote:

The best strategy for the PAC team is to send a squad of cloaked recon units down over the ice hill and run to the back and cap the EU flag. grab their walker, and blast the EU right off the map... i did this with a cool squad, lol 6 invisable dudes, we even sadistily knifed the EU commander. like all 6 of us at once lol...
A group of six cloaked ninjas, awesome.  Assuming you keep your distance and avoid fighting, no one will notice them unless the enemy commander pays attention to his sat scan...which is what they should take out first once they get to the EU main base.

My personal best way is to simply ensure the enemy walker and APC go down, while protecting yours; without them, the EU is truly screwed.  Assuming their pilot is half-assed (which happens a lot when everyone whores for the damn thing) I will take him down with everything in my Engineering arsenal, support guys spamming EMP nades, and a healthy helping of RDX...hell, throw in the PAC's APC and Walker, you should be able to bum-rush that first cappable base no problem.  One well-organized squad can pull it off:

1-2 Engineers with Pilum (no warning tone which ensures that the first shot will hit; the next one is dicey since they'll know they're being shot at)
2 support with EMP grenades and Dystek Pulse (point out potential infantry hiding behind corners)
1-2 Recon with RDX and Active Camo

Note though, that the enemy commander can screw you over if he hits you with EMP and orbital at once if you have the walker; stay mobile, to say the least.
Master*
Banned
+416|6490|United States

Magius5.0 wrote:

JohnLeavitt wrote:

A group of six cloaked ninjas, awesome.  Assuming you keep your distance and avoid fighting, no one will notice them unless the enemy commander pays attention to his sat scan...which is what they should take out first once they get to the EU main base.

My personal best way is to simply ensure the enemy walker and APC go down, while protecting yours; without them, the EU is truly screwed.  Assuming their pilot is half-assed (which happens a lot when everyone whores for the damn thing) I will take him down with everything in my Engineering arsenal, support guys spamming EMP nades, and a healthy helping of RDX...hell, throw in the PAC's APC and Walker, you should be able to bum-rush that first cappable base no problem.  One well-organized squad can pull it off:

1-2 Engineers with Pilum (no warning tone which ensures that the first shot will hit; the next one is dicey since they'll know they're being shot at)
2 support with EMP grenades and Dystek Pulse (point out potential infantry hiding behind corners)
1-2 Recon with RDX and Active Camo

Note though, that the enemy commander can screw you over if he hits you with EMP and orbital at once if you have the walker; stay mobile, to say the least.
the thing is that plans like that dont always come together and you are forced to deal with an uncoordinated team.

but good ideas anyways

Last edited by Masterstyle (2006-11-20 09:51:27)

zeidmaan
+234|6411|Vienna

I usualy just place 3+2 motion mines at that "crash site" near the first flag. Usualy I get a full APC that tries to whoosh past and go for the second flag. And If Im lucky the mines will catch up in the flag radious to give me defense points and squad points.

And Belgrade doest look similar to Berlin visualy but its gazzilion times better
LT.Victim
+1,175|6558|British Columbia, Canada

Zukabazuka wrote:

My idea is just to use the gunship and fly straight to another flag, That is your biggest chance of survival and right after that fly to another, because this flag will now be one of the main targets so staying is sucide. Yeah team are also a key to victory.

You might have a chance of boosting by the flag in a jeep but that flag has over 4tanks 2 walkers so good luck
Uh... Berlin doensn't have Gunships..

What map are you talking about..
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker
I enjoy Fall of Berlin more when I'm winning, but still a fun map.  With a team that works together in any way, shape, or form, the EU will generally win.  If the squad don't work together, then the PAC has a chance.  Belgrade is a similar, but better map, so I search out servers that run it instead.
Master*
Banned
+416|6490|United States

LT.Victim wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

Uh... Berlin doensn't have Gunships..

What map are you talking about..
he must be getting it confused with minsk
Nintendogamer
+72|6583|Chelmsford, UK
both maps have monorail too? so does verdun, any country has a right to a monorail.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

Masterstyle, the difference is the amount of flanking possible in Belgrade...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6716|California

Berlin is the win on either team.

A combination of:
Criminal - driver
Stryyker - Mortar
various squad mates to repair

its easy to cap any flag, and go 40 and 0 all the way up to 60 and 0

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard