CplGraveDigger
+0|6747
Today at lunch, I ran out like a stupid little boy to buy BF2 SF. I have been playing games for too long and should know better not to buy it. Anyways, $45.99 CDN and 1 1/2 later, I'm still watching the installer trying to load \battlefield2\mods\xpack\levels\Ghost_town\Client.zip. to my hard drive. F*CH#N BU!!SHI$. The funny thing is, I don't Blame EA or DICE, It's my own failt for buying this F*CH#N &&*(&E E*(R*)(EW R&^E&#!!

Save your money and time, wait for the mods to come out. They are always better then the real game.

A very sad Digger
Sud
+0|6764
Wise man say: Never buy expansion pack for game that non-expansion content still not yet out of alpha test

Last edited by Sud (2005-11-23 09:23:15)

VIKING-LOVER1
+3|6862
woo' .. glad i read this post ...i keep seeing it when i load up and i wanna download it' or go buy it.
but im very interested in seeing others opinions on the exspansion pack before i go purchase it

hell' imy opinion EA/dice need to do some more work on the first game' ...

Its all about the money boys ! nothing else'.......DONT BE A DRONE BEE !
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6793|Kansas, USA
Sorry for your bad experience, but I loaded it up last night and played for several hours. Before BF2 I was into RavenShield and BF2:SF is more like that. It is definitely a different game and will take some more getting used to, but I had a blast playing it.
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6824
Erm...just asking: Did you guys install the 1.12 patch for battlefield 2? If you didn't, SF won't work at all...
CplGraveDigger
+0|6747
Game just stop installing on my laptop at \battlefield2\mods\xpack\levels\Ghost_town\Client.zip on cd2. I have turned everything off anti this anti that, still the same problem. $4500.00 laptop and the game will not load. Sad day for Digger. I guess no one else has had this problem. Shitty Dell, Shitty EA, Shitty Dice, Shitty Microsoft, boo hoo

Any Ideas?

digger "(
Sud
+0|6764
Can you manually copy the file over beforehand and then try installing, perhaps?

Perhaps it isn't stuck at all? Look at the patches. It takes like 15 minutes just for a patch to finish patching. Have you tried letting it just go for an hour?
LoaderX
+-1|6774|Tucson, Arizona
From what I have seen, only a handful of people have had this problem.

Sounds like a keyboard actuator issue.
CplGraveDigger
+0|6747
Sorry, you might be right about the time thing. This is a game for EA were talking about. It's just that I am used to programs running and installing fast. Dice, EA or what ever FuC&er made this FuC&en Sh!T game. Should be shot in the nuts,a 1Gb game should take 8-15 min's tops, on a shitty old computer. The fact that even after installing this BullSH!T addon, you have to install a patch to play it. Sorry Guy's, I'm just pissed off.

My company makes video games for the Arcades, If we ever let a game go like this, we would loss our Jobs.
EA = Goverment = Lies = Bullshit

Digger
CplGraveDigger
+0|6747

LoaderX wrote:

And what is a keyboard actuator issue?

Digger
Nipr.[net]
+0|6774|Robins AFB, GA
Error Found Between Keyboard and Chair
CplGraveDigger
+0|6747

LoaderX wrote:

Even  a Smart Ass can help!
Dude thanks for the tip, I turn the Dell Quick Set Program off and the game installed.
Who would have known a smart ass comment would help out!

Thanks

Digger.

Last edited by CplGraveDigger (2005-11-23 11:57:17)

LoaderX
+-1|6774|Tucson, Arizona

CplGraveDigger wrote:

LoaderX wrote:

And what is a keyboard actuator issue?

Digger
Think about it...
=DS=Unit92
+0|6758
It's similar to an ID-10-T or PEBKAC error.
CplGraveDigger
+0|6747
I wanted you to explain it.

LOL

Digger
RadeonII
+1|6792

Nipr.[net] wrote:

Error Found Between Keyboard and Chair
HA HA HA HA  good one
LoaderX
+-1|6774|Tucson, Arizona
We use this phrase in aircraft maintenance...  Pilots are stick actuators.  For example -- Pilot lands with an AGM-65 problem.  Works fine for us on the ground.  Good video, good slew and lock.  We say "R2 (remove and replaced) stick actuator.

Therefore, keyboard actuator is the operator of the keyboard.
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6798|Texas

LoaderX wrote:

We use this phrase in aircraft maintenance...  Pilots are stick actuators.  For example -- Pilot lands with an AGM-65 problem.  Works fine for us on the ground.  Good video, good slew and lock.  We say "R2 (remove and replaced) stick actuator.

Therefore, keyboard actuator is the operator of the keyboard.
Oh yeah, and what T.O. did you get that from?  I'm MX, too except on B-1b.
LoaderX
+-1|6774|Tucson, Arizona
I'll have to look it up...  LOL
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6797|Alabama Coast, USA
Well... I'm having my own fun.  Paid for it... downloaded it...  now I go to install and get to 18% and get "Error 17854:4".  Be nice if they'd tell you what the hell it is.  I saw some other numbered error listed on the support site, you know what the problem with that one is?  No connection with the EA server.

Pfft...   so I could have something as simple to fix as that, but no... all they can tell me is "Error: 17854:4".  And of course, with the long weekend it'll likely be Monday before I can get it (well... I am going to try uninstalling the downloader, and reinstalling....   only reason I haven't so far is the 4 hour or so download time).

Which is another thing that has pissed me off...   I pay $30 for the expansion and save them the cost of printing and physical distribution, and it tells me 4 hours for something that my connection ought to DL in under an hour?  Well... ok, it just started and it's telling me 2 hours this time....  which is still too slow for 1 GB unless they're rounding down from 1.9 GB  (with propper download management anyhow... I downloaded the 1.12 patch at about 2.4mbps using Internet Download Manager).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard