Flonster
Karma Ratio whore
+178|6537|-removed you know why- mod
post your reasons why u are not playing 2142.

for me, Bf2 is the Basic. Real Locations, real Guns, Real teamplay.

whats yours?
Aust1mh
+23|6558|Sydney, Australia
I don't know why, i have 2142 but after a hour or so i'm sick of it..... i can play BF2 non-stop for days!

There are more then enough Sci Fi Mech games.

Last edited by Aust1mh (2006-11-20 00:44:41)

Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6483
Because it's too futuristic for me. I do like it, but not enough.
arnica
+18|6670|Sydney
I cant afford it ...
Flakturnal
+21|6432|Perth,WA
Personally, I wouldn't trust EA to sit the right way on a toilet seat.
They might homo it all up.
Flonster
Karma Ratio whore
+178|6537|-removed you know why- mod

arnica wrote:

I cant afford it ...
me too haha
LT.Victim
+1,175|6553|British Columbia, Canada
I'm playing both..

Depend what i'm in the mood for..

I hate the Air Vehicles in BF2142..

So if I want to fly and stuff, I'll play some wake island..

If not, i'll go play some BF2142..

I usually just play what ever game people i know are playing..
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6512
2142 sucks ballz, statpadding was fun for a few days but it got old quick plus i got reset on both my general accounts so i dont play anymore.
e-i-u-benjamin
WoeKoeMakaLaLaLoekieWaWa
+40|6750|The Netherlands
i hate the futuristic shit man, id like a little bit more reality
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6700|austria

e-i-u-benjamin wrote:

nothing to add!
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
malarkeycoon
+16|6630|Cardiff
Don't know really. I've put a few hours into 2142. Its ok but I grow sick of it quickly. I play it when i want a change from bf2.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6777|Bulgaria

e-i-u-benjamin wrote:

My point exactly!

Plus, 2142 is nothing more that a mod for BF2!! Why pay for a mod?!

Last edited by Nikola Bathory (2006-11-20 01:23:37)

poltirix
don't let money change you
+3|6451
I don't like it when green/blue/red flashing fireballs are comming out of my tank when I shoot. A tank has wheels or something like that and don't hover in a blue-ish light just a few inch from the ground. The whole setting is so futuristic that it is questionable why you still can get killed. In 2142 people don't die from bullets, they short-circuit when someone pisses over them. EA should fix that in BF2124 maybe I'm gonna play it then.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6680|London, UK
bf2>2142?

1 word slow moving game.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6627|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Never played BF2 since i got 2142.
dubbs
+105|6622|Lexington, KY
The additional software they install on my computer, and requesting access to my kernel sort of made me not get it.  Personally there are better, ways to collect the infromation that they are wanting, and they do not have to install additional software on my computer to do it.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6637
I played the demo and it felt noob proofed. Air vehicles don't crash and any moron can fly them. Infantry move around like sloths(easy targets for people with no aim).

Plus the futuristic stuff and the fact that it lagged too much on my mediocre system.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6729|Comber, Northern Ireland
i play bf2 because i dont wana play some futuristic game, modern day wars, modern armys, and kick-teh-ass guns
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6611|London, England

arnica wrote:

I cant afford it ...
Same here lol

If i was to buy another game it would probably be Red Orchestra but i'm too poor to buy that even.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6571|Melbourne, Australia.

bullit wrote:

1 word slow moving game.
thats 3
WarriorDave
+10|6360|Louisville, Ky
I don't play because it's too much like an older game, Planetside.
Not totally, but the mech, the aircraft, the infantry weaponry, it's fairly equal to what Planetside felt like. Planetside had a few things different though, instead of a max of 64 people per server, you could play with up to 400 at a time, on 3 teams, trying to capture entire bases (titan anyone?).
The weapons are way too inaccurate and there's a lot of bugs/problems with the game. I do think it's a bit more than a mod for BF2, having larger textures and a some new shaders. However, it's the same engine, the same physics, and with all the damn wall-glitching people, it feels like BF2 1.3. Every server has someone camping inside a wall with a turret. You can't ban people fast enough.
I DO feel like BF2142 is a beta release. Yep. The whole game. How can you release a game that's so not finished yet, and get away with it? I've never bought the game, but my friend did, and I will not be buying 2142. For the first few days, he couldn't even get into an online server, so we had to play offline. When he finally did get into a server, he had constant crashes and horrible gameplay - even on his powerhouse system, it lagged. He earned a good amount of points, but couldn't do something related to unlocks - I don't know, I was dissatisfied by that time. He feels cheated and I feel lucky that I didn't drop $50 on an unfinished product. On the scale they're selling games, you'd think they'd allow 6-8 weeks more for development and fine-tuning. Just think if Ford or Toyota released a car that wasn't finished yet. "Come back in 3 weeks and we'll install your muffler, and in another 3 weeks we'll install your stereo."
I haven't had the time to play BF2 in a while, but when I do get around to playing again, I'm sure that I'll have fun (someone said tons of pros are gone, so there's a lot of farming the noobs who don't have BF2142).
DeltaGrey
+1|6515|Finland
I cant afford it ...
My 3d card don't run it, (too high version shaders)
I like more realistic warfare

all though BF2142's huge number of unlocks, titan mode, awards and pins would be cool...

maybe someday i will buy it when i win in lottery
Electonic Komando
+1|6489|War Saw Town
Don't feel this future conflict...
Zukabazuka
+23|6676
Gees in BF2142 your team can't win if they don't work like a team. BF2 yay 2 medics can hold of a lot of people, instant heal wich is anoying and BF2142 takes faster to reload for me, I even can have higher settings without lag.
BF2 has 7kits while BF2142 has only 4 wich is more fun,
Bugs are in every friking game, when you fix one a new one comes.

One thing the Demo and fullversion are totally different because you have unlocks and now most of the people have gotten points for at least 2 fully classes.

Yes any moron can fly but not everyone knows how to use it good. Tanks take down gunships in one shot or more likely it starts burning. The TV missile is hard for noobs to control so I often see gunships in homebase and few tanks to depending on wich map it is.

About the ads stuff,

IT DOESN'T SEND INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR SURFING HABITS OR ANY OTHER SHIT, the only thing it send is how long you watched the ads and in wich country you live in so they can send correct ads. So  you don't end up with americans ads when you live in europe.

Sure I had crashes but it was nothing compared to BF2 where it happen a LOT,

Learn to aim, its not like you can run around a corner and take out 3 people who are waiting for you. Single shot is awesome on distance, Support weapons get better aim you more you shoot, other weapons are good in burst mode so don't really see the difference in aim. Oh you guys are doing the drop down and fire and think it will success everytime? nope you wont.

DICE didn't use any models from BF2 the only thing that they took was counqest and the engine, they made every new model again new tanks weapons items and new stuff for the map. Because when they first released BF2 many players gave back the game because their computers couldn't handle it so they decided to use it again because now its good enough.
Just because it's made on the same engine it doesn't meen its a mod, you guys fail with the logic

Playing Conquest all the time isn't really fun want a different gamemode for once and Titan sure is fun.

Everyone who statspadded will have their stats wiped so why worry about it?
lynxlyran
+15|6634

Nikola Bathory wrote:

My point exactly!

Plus, 2142 is nothing more that a mod for BF2!! Why pay for a mod?!
QFT

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard