Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6557|San Diego, CA, USA
So when Iran ignores international sanctions implemented by the Security Council, what next?
jsruck24
+3|6532
U.N. sits around and does nothing......again
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

I don't know. Why not do the same thing the US does when Israel ignores international sanctions? Give them loads of military aid and turn a blind eye to them developing nukes.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6725
bombs away...    I think Israel is gonna take out Iran nukes pretty soon...  Iran is just stalling and playing games with the world...  I feel bad for the Iranian people who just want to live their lives in peace... Aquavelvajahd is nuts...
Love is the answer
CameronPoe
+2,925|6564
Very hard to tell given that the US is bogged down in the quagmires of Iraq and Afghanistan. Military action is unlikely: the whole region would be set ablaze with the US having to fight insurgents in Iraq at the same time as possibly taking bombardments of Iranian missiles, artillery and possibly chemical weapons from across the border (into both Iraq and Afghanistan). Syria would chip in on the side of Iran. If Israel chipped in on the side of the US then ALL arab nations would then chip in on the side of Iran. No amount of nukes would prevent the US from taking a pretty heavy kicking given logistical problems in said situation and the wide spread of enemy forces. I guess it'll just amount to sanctions and another stupid 'oil for food' type deal.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Harmor wrote:

So when Iran ignores international sanctions implemented by the Security Council, what next?
We'll issue strong words alongside the U.N.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6564

Bertster7 wrote:

I don't know. Why not do the same thing the US does when Israel ignores international sanctions? Give them loads of military aid and turn a blind eye to them developing nukes.
LOL
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina
*shrugs* Eh...  I think we should probably leave Iran alone but still a keep a close eye on them.  Basically, we can keep our intelligence agencies busy with observing their activities.
cospengle
+140|6496|Armidale, NSW, Australia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Harmor wrote:

We'll issue strong words alongside the U.N.
Yep. Let's face it, if it's not Iran it's N.Korea, if it's not N.Korea its going to be another lunatic with an army. I think it might be better to leave this one alone, the old 'enough rope' thingy....

Last edited by cospengle (2006-11-19 17:56:56)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6570

Turquoise wrote:

*shrugs* Eh...  I think we should probably leave Iran alone but still a keep a close eye on them.  Basically, we can keep our intelligence agencies busy with observing their activities.
Yeah, how'd that work out for you in Iraq?
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6689|Colorado Springs, CO

Bubbalo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Wow, didnt take long for this thread to be turned into a US bashing thread. It really surprises me how many people on here take sides with Iran. Hell, their prez said that Israel deserved to be basically wiped off the face of the Earth. Personally I dont think any country deserves that, only the people that run it do. I think that if Iran ignores the U.N.'s sanctions they should be punished very harshly whatever that may be. Any country for that matter should be punished in some way.
Turquoise
O Canada

Bubbalo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Well, it certainly worked better than what we're currently doing with Iraq.
Turquoise
O Canada

arabeater wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Wow, didnt take long for this thread to be turned into a US bashing thread. It really surprises me how many people on here take sides with Iran. Hell, their prez said that Israel deserved to be basically wiped off the face of the Earth. Personally I dont think any country deserves that, only the people that run it do. I think that if Iran ignores the U.N.'s sanctions they should be punished very harshly whatever that may be. Any country for that matter should be punished in some way.
I think what Iran has said about Israel is pretty typical of a lot of the Islamic World.  It's stupid for Ahmadinejad to say things like that or for him to deny the Holocaust, but there's not much we can do about that.  Similarly, we can't do much to stop Iran's nuclear program either, without entering all out war with them.
arabeater

Bertster7 wrote:

So your saying that the US should just let Israel defend themselves against all of the Middle East by themselves?

Just try and put yourself into the shoes of an everyday Israeli, knowing that every country around you wants you dead and basically you know the only thing keeping you alive is an alliance with the US which deters those countries from invading/bombing your country into the stoneage. Personally I feel sorry for those people having to deal with that shit on a daily basis. However I dont agree with how the Israeli government deals with Palestine, but you cant blame a fews mistakes on an entire country. Example: USA. Great country with Bad leaders. But thats just my opinion.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6570
That has to be the dumbest comment I've ever heard.  Basically it comes down to:

You can't blame members of a democratic country if their leaders are stupid because they're just a minority.

Are you really that dense?
arabeater

Turquoise wrote:

arabeater wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

I think what Iran has said about Israel is pretty typical of a lot of the Islamic World.  It's stupid for Ahmadinejad to say things like that or for him to deny the Holocaust, but there's not much we can do about that.  Similarly, we can't do much to stop Iran's nuclear program either, without entering all out war with them.
I agree. I think hes just looking for some headlines and publicity by saying random bullshit like that. I disagree however, we can stop his nuclear program if in fact he has obtained nukes. Okay heres my formula for nuclear war. Insane and nutjob leader + says he wants Israel wiped off of the globe + obtained or trying to obtain WMD's= Bad situation.
arabeater

Bubbalo wrote:

That has to be the dumbest comment I've ever heard.  Basically it comes down to:

You can't blame members of a democratic country if their leaders are stupid because they're just a minority.

Are you really that dense?
Are you kidding me dude? A minority? They make decisions for all, even if we dont like it. Not much anybody can do about it kinda stuff.

Are you really that crazy?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6570
So then you're fine with North Korea having nukes?
liquix
+51|6463|Peoples Republic of Portland
They look like the USA? I dunno let me think, bush starts war, reinstates draft, civil war, ww3?
arabeater

Bubbalo wrote:

Negative. Note my formula for a bad situation in one of my previous posts.
Turquoise
O Canada

Bubbalo wrote:

I don't think anyone outside of North Korea likes the fact that they have nukes, but how do you propose to remove them from Kim Jong Il?

With Iran, it's rapidly becoming a similar situation, so that's why I personally believe we should just let them have nukes.  It's risky, but it's better than committing to yet another war.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6699|Tampa Bay Florida
bombs away on Iran....
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

bombs away...    I think Israel is gonna take out Iran nukes pretty soon...  Iran is just stalling and playing games with the world...  I feel bad for the Iranian people who just want to live their lives in peace... Aquavelvajahd is nuts...
||I thought his name was Ahavadinerjacket?||
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command

Bubbalo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

So you'd suggest the next best thing and bomb them back to the stone age?

I see no choice but to either nuke the entire middle east, or see to it that every pissant shitburg village has a nuke. They won't respect the threat of MADD with us, because for them it's worth it, but if Sunnis and Shiites have nukes a peaceful equilibrium may evolve.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK
"Global Thermal Nuclear War". "America FUCK YEAH!!!!" -War Games and Team America.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard