BlackCow
+2|6402
I don't understand, all of the good 64 player servers are infentry only. Why do people like it so much? I like the idea of no vehicles but the problem is that its full of nade spaming bunny hoping n00bs. And the battle always seems to move so slow, specialy on jalalabad. A few infentry only servers is enough but why so many of them, it didn't used to be that way. What happend to all the good city maps only servers.

Last edited by BlackCow (2006-11-19 11:07:00)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6468|cuntshitlake

BlackCow wrote:

I don't understand, all of the good 64 player servers are infentry only. Why do people like it so much? I like the idea of no vehicles but the problem is that its full of nade spaming bunny hoping n00bs. And the battle always seems to move so slow, specialy on jalalabad. A few infentry only servers is enough but why so many of them, it didn't used to be that way.
QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2006-11-19 11:03:55)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Glockin40
+0|6659
More skill required without all the vehicle whores.
BlackCow
+2|6402

Glockin40 wrote:

I say more skill is required when playing with vehicle whores. And there certianly isent much skill involved jumping up and down and chucking nades in the air. I just don't see why playing the same map over and over with infentry only is so fun.

Last edited by BlackCow (2006-11-19 11:08:43)

killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6596|Reisterstown, MD

64 player IO servers are filled with nade spamming.  I like to play in 32 size servers because there is more 1 vs 1 action instead of people just chunking nades at people.  Good times to be had.

Last edited by killer21 (2006-11-19 11:10:23)

RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6573|Oxford
Yeah but when you hit a bunch of five people with a nade it makes it all worthwhile..
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6596|Your attic

killer21 wrote:

64 player IO servers are fulled with nade spamming.  I like to play in 32 size servers because there is more 1 vs 1 action instead of people just chunking nades at people.  Good times to be had.
Truth be found in this post.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6571|England

BlackCow wrote:

I don't understand, all of the good 64 player servers are infentry only. Why do people like it so much? I like the idea of no vehicles but the problem is that its full of nade spaming bunny hoping n00bs. And the battle always seems to move so slow, specialy on jalalabad. A few infentry only servers is enough but why so many of them, it didn't used to be that way.
A few reasons:

1) Less situational awareness
2) Big points
3) Medic, support and "snipers" aka suicide bombers

Most people prefer to play lower skilled games where they dont have to have situational awareness to avoid armour, to avoid jets and helis by using common sense to stay the fuck out of the way (or learning to use a SRAW or .50cal from behind it). Instead, they want to senselessly spam nades and gaymores 24/7 without being killed by that big nasty vehicle.

Oh, also because its big points and lots of so called "teamwork" for what are mostly "average" players.

Only a few maps benefit from IO, and they cannot have more than 30 players on or else you get the universal karkand play style.

Last edited by Snake (2006-11-19 11:10:11)

turkeybacon
+50|6451|Dragon Valley

Glockin40 wrote:

bullshit
jord
+2,382|6683|The North, beyond the wall.

Glockin40 wrote:

I think it's harder to be infantry when you have tanks and heli's and shit.

Thus,more skill needed.
BlackCow
+2|6402

killer21 wrote:

64 player IO servers are fulled with nade spamming.  I like to play in 32 size servers because there is more 1 vs 1 action instead of people just chunking nades at people.  Good times to be had.
Yeah ill try smaller servers, I just used to have so much fun with 64 player city maps with vehicles. Its a shame its not like that anymore. Open up BF2 and you will see all of the full servers are 24/7 Jalala or Karkand infentry only.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6654

BlackCow wrote:

Glockin40 wrote:

I say more skill is required when playing with vehicle whores. And there certianly isent much skill involved jumping up and down and chucking nades in the air.
I can actually understand what he is saying. I played IO for quite a bit and am frankly sick and tired of all the nade spamming. It seems to me like all that kills me now are grenades. Last night, I played on TV2 sharqi and had a lot more fun even without the skyhigh score.  Sure IO shows skill and I did enjoy playing it because of the high points I was getting, LOL 374 in a around. Im actually playing more veichle maps now because lets face it, I am a veichle whore.
BlackCow
+2|6402

Glockin40 wrote:

I can actually understand what he is saying. I played IO for quite a bit and am frankly sick and tired of all the nade spamming. It seems to me like all that kills me now are grenades. Last night, I played on TV2 sharqi and had a lot more fun even without the skyhigh score.  Sure IO shows skill and I did enjoy playing it because of the high points I was getting, LOL 374 in a around. Im actually playing more veichle maps now because lets face it, I am a veichle whore.
You don't need to be a vehicle whore to like vehicle only maps. I liked having a good squad that had some anti-tanks and a suport for resply and just hunting down armour. I remember we had 3 AT 1 support and 1 medic and we were hunting armour the entire map, lots of fun and we won by a lot.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6535|Boston, MA
I hate people who think that more skill is required in IO. How is there more skill involved when you don't have vehicles shooting at you? It's a lot harder to get a high score with all that going on. I've gone 40-5 in rounds where I was on foot all the time, maybe with some transport action but no tanks, helis, or jets at all. Hell, only a third of my kills come while in vehicles, and only 15% of my kills come in a tank, I rarely use helis and jets. You have to learn how to play with them. Besides, if you could master the game with all these vehicles all over the place, then that would make you the better player than somebody who has mastered IO.
Simon
basically
+838|6663|UK

killer21 wrote:

64 player IO servers are filled with nade spamming.  I like to play in 32 size servers because there is more 1 vs 1 action instead of people just chunking nades at people.  Good times to be had.
QFE
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6667|The Outer Circle

BlackCow wrote:

infentry

...worldwide epidemic on the horizon...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
IO is a blast when you play with people who don't have a deathmatch mentality about it. It's fun because it's infantry only...I'm sure most of us got into FPS games via some game that only has infantry. So why not enjoy a little bit of that but in battlefield 2?
Linus
+53|6658

BlackCow wrote:

I don't understand, all of the good 64 player servers are infentry only. Why do people like it so much? I like the idea of no vehicles but the problem is that its full of nade spaming bunny hoping n00bs. And the battle always seems to move so slow, specialy on jalalabad. A few infentry only servers is enough but why so many of them, it didn't used to be that way. What happend to all the good city maps only servers.
no chopper kiddies with daddys joysticks.
no jet kiddies with daddys joysticks.
therefore, more skilled game, less spam.

lets face it. maps like sharqi are 10x better infantry only.

I admit though, that jalalabad is very unbalanced in I/O mode, but hell we're dealing with
EA here, cant expect much.

They should allow jeeps in IO mode, for transport. Nothing else.  But that would have taken
10 more lines of code to write, and DICE isnt capable.
Crispin
+13|6483|Amarillo Tx
I like both honestly it depends on the mood and when I'm in the I/O mode i play on 32 size servers that enforce no grenade spamming it is quite annoying when all the kills in the server consist of grenade kills but I've been in servers that have had the best game and fun rounds and then I've been in servers that have every player trying to be like Volx.

I always find myself going back to regular play i love taking tanks out and running from the fly boys it wouldn't be a Battlefield game with out the vehicles thats just my opinion its apart of the game and i love every asset of it nothing like taking down a J-10 with a Cobra to only have him come back and say omg h4x!.
BlackCow
+2|6402

Linus wrote:

BlackCow wrote:

lets face it. maps like sharqi are 10x better infantry only.

I admit though, that jalalabad is very unbalanced in I/O mode, but hell we're dealing with
EA here, cant expect much.

They should allow jeeps in IO mode, for transport. Nothing else.  But that would have taken
10 more lines of code to write, and DICE isnt capable.
LESS spam! LESS SPAM! Are you insane, IO is FULL of spam, nade spam.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6571|England

I can put up with artillery strikes, jets and LGM's, helis, tanks and baserape without a problem. But IO players who complain of maps not being designed for them or wanting vehicles without mounted machine guns?!?! Now thats a different story (and a joke).

Even though IO is now "legal" in BF2, I still think that it should be unranked only, since the core of the entire game has been taken out. The part of the game that makes it fun, exciting and challenging and takes it above every other 'shoot em up' game out there. Its what the Battlefield series is all about, combining vehicles and infantry into one big battle.
And they have the nerve to complain of Jalalalalabad being too open and large between the US spawn and the city.
Well guess what, this game was designed around infantry and vehicle battles. IO only came into being with patch 1.4, more than a year after BF2's release. No map in the game was designed purely for Infantry battles (except maybe 16size Gator...because its all inside the ship) and Jalalabad is no exception.

Thinking about it, there is a definite division in this game between vehicle and infantry users. "Vehicle Whores and IO sluts"
In my own experience, a lot of low ranks dont use vehicles, whether it be a tank, heli or an FAV. It's almost as if they frown upon it - even if the map is Dragon Valley or FuShe with 10v10....vehicles in use everywhere on a massive map, except for those Sergeants, Corporals and Privates who prefer to run everywhere with their AT kit. Ive seen that happen a good few times on various maps and just have to laugh every time.

Earlier, on Mass Destruction, Hellogoodsir aka Phrozenbot and myself were using the HIND all round and kicking pretty much everyones ass, with me as gunner. Ended up with about 50 odd kills thanks to his great piloting...mostly from TV's.
Anyway, some Sergeant or Corporal just said "fucking heli whores, bet you cant even kill with a pistol". Bear in mind that he was talking to a Lt.Col and Captain and that this was a round of about 8v8, so everyone had a vehicle of some kind.
After the round finished, the server went to Iron Gator 16size. Needless to say, he got his ass handed to him by Bot and myself, Engineer with an S12K and Assault with a G3 respectively. He got killed by a knife, pistol, shotgun and assault rifle...and some tbagging to rub it in - across both rounds.
Then he just whined on about "you suck", "IO is better" (which is exactly what Gator 16player size is anyway....)
Ironically, hes just appeared as a new victim on my growing list
Simon
basically
+838|6663|UK

Linus wrote:

I get owned by choppers and jets too often, I just generally suck ass, so instead of admitting it I hate on choppers and jets until I can learn to fly and stop complaining.
Fixed for you.
X Chilli
+2|6406
It is because vehicles get pretty boring, i dont know about u guys but i think they do get boring
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6647|can
I play it because it's fun. Stop beign so obsessed with "skillz"

Last edited by TrashBlinD (2006-11-19 11:58:14)

Fabbi_Kanin
+46|6605
Because all jerks sit in planes, tanks and copters and can't play

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard