skel
+0|6376
My tips to rank up.  Some you will know, maybe some you dont.  If you have played this game long enough you will probably know all these.  Just some tips for the newcomers.

1)Defribilator packs. Bring back to life the dead and score free points

MOD: removed - those are exploits!

Use your anti vehicle gun to shoot the enemy titan guns undernearth the ship. If you can kill 4 guns then you get a badge every time worth 20 points not including the points you get for shooting the guns themselves.

anything you kill on the enemy's titan or your own gives you a titan attack or defense bonus point.

3)if you havent done so already jump off a titan and use your parachute to get your badge or fly a plane as high as it can go and jump out and use your chute.

4)join any server and get 4 kills with a knife for a badge

5)2. Make sure to join a squad (caps lock key), you get bonus points for helping others or kills when close enough to squad mates.

6)Be a squad leader and order your squad to attack or defend.  YOu have squad leader points for successfull achievements

7)Be a commander and get commander points

8)learn how to fly the planes well. With enough trasnports you will get a badge

9)The mines can be great when you unlock them however you will lose points to stupid teammates who run into them.

10)learn the weakspots of tanks, walkers and apcs. When you first start the game they seem cheap but you will soon realize they are fairly easy to take out with the right weapons.

For example to take out a tank in an APC as an egineer..shoot your emp thing at the tank to stun him, jumo out of the apc quick, shoot the tank in the back with the engineeering gun and thats pretty much a dead tank. You can plant explosives to the side of vehicles as well and detonate

11)Some servers dont allow suicides but some do.  Fly a plane or a jeep thing into an enemy vechiles for a death and a kill

12)The advances sniper rilfe is pretty good however a head shot is a head shot and with the first sniper rifle you have 5 shots instead of 3.  I personally dont go for body shots so i use the original sniper rifle

13)8 vs 8 or a low number of people vs people conquest map is a good way to score points simply by flying around and capturing the flags.  You will do more flag capturing than fighting on large maps with low amounts of people. I just scored 63 points doing this.

14)Throw grenades behind boxes/buildings you know people are hiding in.  Its a lot better than running into some prone guy looking through his sights.

15)Camp spawn points.  MIght be cheap but its free kills if you can aim.  I know some people who camp the spawn points of vehicles inside the turrets and just blow up the people as soon as they jump into the vehicles.

16)Ive already covered this but its probably best to unlock defribilator pack first and go as assault or go as support and drop ammo packs until you get your bearings.

Ill add more if i think of them

Last edited by skel (2006-11-17 20:03:34)

LockerFish
+47|6712
Congrats.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6411|NSW, Australia

for knife its 10 kills...

Last edited by <<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven (2006-11-17 20:08:05)

skel
+0|6376

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

4 in a round i thought.  Maybe im wrong oh well
Bevo
Nah
+718|6527|Austin, Texas

skel wrote:

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

4 in a round i thought.  Maybe im wrong oh well
8 for pin.

7 for basic.
10 for vet.
18 for exp.
topthrill05
+125|6584|Rochester NY USA
Awards are the key.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6628|Little Bentcock
17 for exp
e1ektrob0y
+2|6407

skel wrote:

On the titans drop ammo packs
next to the consoles that control the guns.  Even though they have unlimited ammo if someone is using one, they will use your ammo packs and you can score massive points doing this.
isn't this considered cheating??
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6741|Houston, TX

topthrill05 wrote:

Awards are the key.
That's been my way of thinking to as well. I try to find a squad that is actually being a squad. If I am so lucky to do so I just get as many badges as I can. 10 shotgun kills, 4 titan turrets and, a couple of 5 kill streaks, Titan defense/offense.

I love is going engineer and taking out a turret. Then the engineer on the titan repairs it. Then I just shot it every time he gets it back up. It can stack up pretty quick. Just try to find some ammo nearby. If you don't have an engineer unlocks kill an engineer and take his.

If you wanna grind points just to get your unlocks find a routine for a winning and losing team.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6705|U.S
you dont need to place ammo close to consoles they can be anywhere on the titan so in a hallway with people shooting all the time and people in the guns equals points up the butt.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6690|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
lol heh
yea i tried that then i was like heh this fails so i went and commanded and got like a billion pionts

where indain scout i saw one of his buddys on my knife and pistol server
Janja
Jiggaboo Jones
+11|6388|FLOOR E DUH
17) stat pad till your F keys dont work anymore
zitwep
+1|6471
Very nice effort to put this together.
Dex Luther
+32|6444|Canukastan

e1ektrob0y wrote:

skel wrote:

On the titans drop ammo packs
next to the consoles that control the guns.  Even though they have unlimited ammo if someone is using one, they will use your ammo packs and you can score massive points doing this.
isn't this considered cheating??
pretty much yeah.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6812|The planet Tophet
neat ill have to try some
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6486|Somewhere else

18) turn off your computer, go live life, play some golf, come back and play.  The lame ass "away points" will accumulate for you.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2006-11-18 13:17:25)

zeidmaan
+234|6421|Vienna

3)if you havent done so already jump off a titan and use your parachute to get your badge or fly a plane as high as it can go and jump out and use your chute.
------------------------------------------------------

DO NOT try to go as high as you can and than parachute down because apperently there is no limit. I think someone posted a screenshot once with altitude of 10 000
Anyway you only need 10 secs and you can get it by one jump from the titan.
Also only first 8 titan guns count. And 2 badges for them. After that you are "only" doing your team a favor by destroying them.
And if on Titan mod DO NOT use transport ships for ramming tanks and walkers.
And DO NOT drop supplies near the Titan guns because its gay
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6772|Arizona
Mostly just common sense, and a few I would personally shy away from...like, the aircraft ramming for a kill...pretty cheap and skilless move.

Strike that...all are common sense, and can be compared to BF2...especially this one...
   7)Be a commander and get commander points  <---never saw this one comin. 

Last edited by 0ktane (2006-11-18 17:09:31)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6849|Reykjavík, Iceland.
A good way is also to get a pin-combo.

10 kills with shotgun on your own titan without dying.

Kills: 10 + 10 (titan defense bonus)
Combat efficiency: 5 points
Titan Defender: 20 points
Dist. Combat efficiency: 10 points
Close Quarters pin: 10 points

All in all: 65 points

not bad eh? Lots of other fun combos you can do.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard