Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
If you make a 2142 knife (the on after 50 kills) hit me up and i will purchase one off you.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
The green one and the pearl one look wicked dude. Awesome job!

Adams_BJ wrote:

If you make a 2142 knife (the on after 50 kills) hit me up and i will purchase one off you.
Same if you produce lots XD

(as trollmeaT said, unless there shitloads - i don't know much about knives)
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6395|The Gem Saloon
ya im still working on designs on that 2142 knife....havent even decided what kind of steel ill be using....anyway, heres some new handle material ive been working with.....california buckeye.....
https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/uzi014.jpg

the rest of the knife is basically the same as the other autos, just with different scales.....some filework on the backspine.....anyway, thats it for now.
ill try to get some pics of the 2142 knife when i get it hammered out.....probably at least a month..
Parker
liquix
+51|6455|Peoples Republic of Portland
I like the S design on the spine of the blade, however since your fishing for critiques i'll give you mine as a designer. The black lacks unity, there is no visual or design element bringing the distinct parts together. As it is, it looks frankensteined. I mean this in the best way, and as a friendly critique. My only idea would be perhaps some symbol repetition, as your materials are pretty set in stone.
Parker
isteal

liquix wrote:

I like the S design on the spine of the blade, however since your fishing for critiques i'll give you mine as a designer. The black lacks unity, there is no visual or design element bringing the distinct parts together. As it is, it looks frankensteined. I mean this in the best way, and as a friendly critique. My only idea would be perhaps some symbol repetition, as your materials are pretty set in stone.
can you elaborate any further and get into more specifics....i love to hear what needs to be different. it starts getting redundate when one kind of knife sells over and over.....ive been doing those button lock autos for THREE fucking months now. it feels like i can forge and grind that in my sleep now....anyway thanks man, just gimme some specifics.
chefvolrath
feeding the BF2S community since 2005.....
+5|6691
i think maybe he means maybe some design in the handle or maybe different metals/woods/materials used in the design.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

Parker wrote:

ya im still working on designs on that 2142 knife....havent even decided what kind of steel ill be using....anyway, heres some new handle material ive been working with.....california buckeye.....
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/ … uzi014.jpg

the rest of the knife is basically the same as the other autos, just with different scales.....some filework on the backspine.....anyway, thats it for now.
ill try to get some pics of the 2142 knife when i get it hammered out.....probably at least a month..
Parker
Still waiting on the quote brotha.

Love the pix!

Did you get the website up and running??????????
Parker
isteal
i would love to use different metals.
the only problem is that if i choose to use my damascus, very few people are willing to pay over a thousand for a knife.
https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/damascusslipjoint.jpg
the point with these is a custom knife that isnt so expensive......
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6526|South Florida

Parker wrote:

ok so i just finished a new knife for a customer, and since i get everyones opinion on everything else around here, can you guys tell me what you think?

it is an automatic, with a button action. pearl acrylic handles, 8 inches overall length, just shy of four inches of blade. very, very sharp edge, with filework on the bladespine. any comments welcome, thanks for looking.

this first one is of it opened....notice the distinct edge on that thing...also the button action.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/ … res075.jpg

this next one is of it closed.......
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/ … res081.jpg

and this last one is of the "S" pattern filework down the spine of the blade.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/ … res077.jpg

thanks again for looking.
By automatic push button do you mean a switchblade, which are illegal in the U.S.A.
Not like i care. I have a few myself. Nice work
15 more years! 15 more years!
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6753
hello Mr parker, how do you make your knifes forge or stock removal?
and what steel do you use?
do you have some progress shots, like heat treat and so on love to see that stuff.
Parker
isteal

ATG wrote:

Parker wrote:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/ … uzi014.jpg

Parker
Still waiting on the quote brotha.

Love the pix!

Did you get the website up and running??????????
havent forgot about you brother......just been swamped catching up from christmas...have it to you by the end of the week for sure..

uuugggghhhhh the site is pissing me off.......im having a problem deciding if i need to go purchase some super badass camera or just outsource to get the pics i need because these are just not cutting it.....that cali buckeye did NOT come out how it looks in RL. aggrivating to say the least.......huge expense if i buy it....huge expense over time if i decide to outsource........good times.
thanks man
Parker
isteal

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

hello Mr parker, how do you make your knifes forge or stock removal?
and what steel do you use?
do you have some progress shots, like heat treat and so on love to see that stuff.
i use both methods, it just depends on what im working on.....ill get some video of some forging pretty soon for you.....i would show you my heat treating but im afraid watching a toaster oven wont be that exciting
ill do some grinding also.........
deserteagle....they are only illegal if you carry them. trust me, the federal law is on my waiver that people have to sign before i sell them one.......west side story FTL!!!!!!!
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6753
nice work, I sometimes make a tanto, but mostly like to mount Japanese stuff myself.
my current project (sorry for the bad picture the camera is busted) is a Rawblades Wakizashi.

https://home.planet.nl/~bout0050/images/my%20swords/rawblades%20wakizashi.jpg

Last edited by delta4bravo*nl* (2007-01-19 22:14:12)

Parker
isteal
thats awesome man. use this thread and keep me posted on how your doing......and if you decide to go traditional and need any stingray skin i can help you out with a supplier for that, if need be.

one of the people i learn from lives in texas and makes among other things medeval armor suits. his helms are just incredible and the suits sell for insane amounts of money.

what are you thinking of using for handle material.....any colors for the handle/sheath combo?
what is overall/blade length? looks like a really fun project man, good luck and like i said post some pics of your progress.....
Parker
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
They are looking really good parker, can't wait to see what else you put out. Oh and Delta4bravo very nice man, I like katanas and the such.
Parker
isteal
hey thanks man, ill get some more pics up soon.
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6547|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Looks great, much like the type of knife i carry around work for general use. very handy.

I can't really tell from the picture, but the pearly enamel appears to have a block end, it makes it much nicer on the hand and also looks better if its smoothed down.. so it slops thinner and thinner:)

Edit: ooh wow, didn't realise you had more designs in here, that comment above was allocated for the knife on the first post

Last edited by [TP~Bravo]Wiggy (2007-01-20 08:36:33)

Parker
isteal
thanks man.....all the switchblades are all basically the same.....my damascus folder was only used as an example for price of steel......ill get some more of that one though.
Parker
isteal
not sure why i didnt post this pic earlier......another auto, filework etc......
natural black ash burl though.....no die, so thats what it looks like without the dye and crap
https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/laurenscamera019.jpg
and some more filework......gotta love the fingerprints
https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/laurenscamera027.jpg
Parker
isteal
ive been grinding like a madman, so i should have some pics of the 2142 knife up in the next couple weeks. im going to use regular stainless to start with, then the couple after that will probably be in damascus.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Very cool stuff Parker. I'm more into the plainer woods, but I like all of them a lot. How long does it take you to make one knife, and how much does one cost? Do you have a website or anything?
Parker
isteal

ghettoperson wrote:

Very cool stuff Parker. I'm more into the plainer woods, but I like all of them a lot. How long does it take you to make one knife, and how much does one cost? Do you have a website or anything?
thanks for the kind words ghetto.
those switchblades that are in the pics take me 2-3 days a piece. give or take a little depending on filework, embellishments etc. those switchblades all sold for $200. thats the basic price i charge for those, so i can keep my prices down to be able to offer a custom knife at an inexpensive price (comparatively speaking).
my website isnt up yet...im still in the process of taking the 10,000 pictures that i need to get it started.
but ya, my real basics start @ $70 (frame lock folders) and pretty much the sky is the limit....thanks for the compliments man.
Daniel_Blue-Delta
+11|6303|Sweden
That's damn sweet.

I give it 10/10.
Parker
isteal

Daniel_Blue-Delta wrote:

That's damn sweet.

I give it 10/10.
hey thanks man.....have your first +1 on me.
Daniel_Blue-Delta
+11|6303|Sweden

Parker wrote:

Daniel_Blue-Delta wrote:

That's damn sweet.

I give it 10/10.
hey thanks man.....have your first +1 on me.
Wee thanks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard