kilgoretrout
+53|6459|Little Rock, AR
That's a good looking knife.  I don't particularly like the ivory handle, but I prefer my knives to be only black and silver, so that's just a personal preference.  Do you have a webpage for your knives?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544
That looks like a precision piece of equipment. I'm a mechanical engineer by degree even if I work as an electrical engineer and I can see it's a quality product. Great finish on the metallic surfaces - do you have a honing machine or something?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6383|The Gem Saloon
kilgore, im in the process of working on a site right now.....wwwwaaaaayyyyyy too much photography. its comin along, but slowly...

cam, thanks. i wish i had a machine man. your lookin at a single direction 600 grit satin finish. ive been looking into different processes regarding satin finishing, but as of right now i just dont have the extra money for them.
tupla_s
+455|6581|Finland
Looks cool man, but some kind of pattern in the handle would make it look a bit better IMO
Maybe something like this
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/ … lknife.png

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-11-17 15:10:22)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6449|UK
Like the finishings on the blade very nice.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6538|Southeastern USA
your file work makes me happy in the pants, i need some info on your doings dude, pm me

what'cha got for tossing?

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-11-17 16:00:22)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6508|Adelaide, South Australia

could you make hybrid knives like so:

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/Nachtefuchs/pistolknife7vu.jpg

jks
Parker
isteal
lol is that for real a gun/knife???
looks like a cylinder with six little .22s in there. maybe even .17s.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6392|Alberta, Canada
It looks really nice man. Good craftsmanship!
Fireteam_Delta
+20|6422
dogtags...
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6518|Global Command
Nice workmanship.
pm me also please.
I prefer hardwood handle or bone.
Parker
isteal
ok so i had another sleepless night last night and got to put in about 12 hours on the next two knives.....no rest for the weary i suppose. anyway, they arent all the way done yet cause i need to still put edges on em. so here we go.......
first pic....again with the button action automatics. one has kingwood scales (the light and dark brown), and the other is black ash burl with blue dye impregnated in the stabilized wood.
https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/autoknifepictures031.jpg

these two knives are different than the others because i put a stainless steel backspine in and then did file work. this view is of the backspines of both knives........
https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/smallautofilework.jpg

and finally my favorite picture...this is looking inside of the knives when they are open...so your seeing the inside of the backspine with the filework...may favorite part about it is on the bottom knife you can see the filework reflecting off the frame....also note the filework on the frame of the bottom one.
https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/autoknifepictures043.jpg

thanks for looking again....will update with the others when im finished.

edit; i might be getting a new camera for christmas so maybe my picture quality will improve a little.....lol sorry about the crap pictures.

Last edited by Parker (2006-11-18 11:03:27)

tupla_s
+455|6581|Finland
Looks good, I like the wood one more
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6497|Bournemouth, South England
Have you made anything more suited to military use? I have a habit of snapping the cheaper ones on a regular basis at work (British Army) and would like something with about a 6 inch blade, rubberised handle (not a folding blade, seathed is more practical) and a matt finish blade.
Parker
isteal
i would love to help you out, however at this point in time i am focusing my work on folding knives only. i plan to learn more about fixed blades in the next year or so when i go down to texas and learn.
that sucks that your knives keep breaking....someone isnt doing their heat treating correctly or using crappy steel.
i suggest that you look into the Cold Steel brand. they are the only production knives i know of that can pass the ninety degree stress test. they make everything from folders to katanas, probably your best bet since your knives get abused alot.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6679|Devon, England
why do you need a knife?
Eugefunk84
+48|6522

T4rd wrote:

Looks pretty damn sweet!  I think it would look better if it had some bad-ass tribal symbol on it somewhere, like on the blade.  I like that kinda stuff (cept for tattoos).
haha, i HAVE one of thsoe tattoos!
jord
+2,382|6667|The North, beyond the wall.

FFLink13 wrote:

why do you need a knife?
To stab people.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6496

tupla_s wrote:

Looks good, I like the wood one more
I conquer
Parker
isteal

FFLink13 wrote:

why do you need a knife?
some people use them as tools, some use them to defend themselves if the situation calls for it. i have a few knives in a couple places around the world right not with active military personel.
and yet still some even collect them and dont even use them, just put them into a case.
l41e
+677|6637

Very nice. Respect.

One comment I have is that they look, I don't know, kind of wide? You seem to know a lot about these, so I suppose there's a good reason though.

Edit: Wide as in blade is big.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-11-18 16:24:56)

Parker
isteal
ya, since its an automatice it needs to be that wide. the strengh of the spring and weight of the blade will make it almost flip out of your hand when you press the button. you need all the handle you can get to hold on to.
Parker
isteal
come on i need you guys to tell me if you like those types of woods........i need opinions here.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6695|67.222.138.85

Marlboroman82 wrote:

MetalMaiden wrote:

Looks very capable of castration. Ill take one!
jesus
Yeah it might castrate your damn jockstrap and spare us all from looking at that damn thing.

Edit: The natral wood color i like, theblue/black thing not so much, but I think that might be from the quality of the picture not bringing out the intensity of the color enough.

Last edited by Flaming_Maniac (2006-11-19 09:47:13)

jord
+2,382|6667|The North, beyond the wall.

Parker wrote:

come on i need you guys to tell me if you like those types of woods........i need opinions here.
Something strong but yet nice on the eyes.

What about Oak?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard