+0|6741
1.02!? why?
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6789|Texas
download 1.12 from filefront...its as fast as a midget with diahrrea
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6742|In a van down by the river
here's a question... if you just installed bf2, do you have to have 1.03 installed first or can you just install 1.12 right after you install bf2?
Tempelridderen
+0|6741
AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!! *going crazy because no one answers my questions regarding patching failed* *Starting to hate EA, the feeling is growing*
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6782|NRW,Germany

=NAA=TheTaxidermist wrote:

here's a question... if you just installed bf2, do you have to have 1.03 installed first or can you just install 1.12 right after you install bf2?
You can patch directly to 1.12 without installing 1.03 before.
Droop.DK
+0|6738
I posted a solution that worked for me! Here it is! http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=5636
Scotlandsfinest
+2|6815|Edinburgh, Scotland
I have tried to restore my PC back to the day before I took the patch upgrade.  When I try to install BF 2 - spec ops it still doesn't update the game!

I think im screwed.  I think at the rate in which the PC is installing the game Im going to be able to play the game in 2014
Megion
+0|6742
BF2 isn't campatible with any language but english while installing patches. Spent like 2 days for research.. a'right

Press Start - (in the right column you must see 'My documents' icon) - Right click on 'My documents' - properties - What you need is direct under 'accommodation of a final folder' (smth like that, have Rus version of XP). Path to your documents must be all in english, change it to, for example  C:\Documents and Settings\User\My documents (inc your username) and don't forget to copy your Battlefield 2 profile files in it or you won't be able to log into your BF2 account.

Everything must be workin' now, have fun.

Last edited by Megion (2005-11-26 09:56:45)

Predator_NoSkill
+0|6747
Okay, hang on, i cant see the answer to the question, Why does SF not install onto a 1.12 BF2, and how does one rectify the problem?!

God, it must be simpler than editing your registry and sticking stuff all oveer the hard drive.
thefousteph
+8|6739
I ear all kind of questions..here is wath i know:
U shuld install bf2 then install directly bf2 sf THEN install 1.12 (wich is to make SF work with BF2 and vice verca)
When u install SF, it says: installing patch 1.1 (thats the original patch to make work SF with BF2 as said above)

SO: I'm like all of you guys; i have to install  E V E R Y  PATCH manually AND EA IS AWARE OF ALL THE USERS WHO HAVE THIS PROBLEM
why did they come up with a expension that start with a patch install?!?!?!?

How do you install the expension if it's AS TO PATCH FIRST?!?!?

I manage to install 1.1 manually (from the CD menu) but even if i have suceed, the install will try to install it anyway.

So my question is: HOW DO YOU MANUALLY INSTALL SF WITHOUT INSTALLING PATCH 1.1?
Bulldozer
+0|6753|Stockholm
Same 4 me as 4 thefousteph.

I have enough free space. But all patches needs 2 be installed manually. That workes but I CAN'T install BF2:SF and that really pisses me off.

Anyone got any good solutions from EA Games?

Last edited by Bulldozer (2005-11-26 15:27:57)

Ryan
+1,230|6851|Alberta, Canada

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

You're not suppost to install 1.12 until you install the expansion first.
ooooh that explains why i cant play bf2! thanx man.
kardinalios
+7|6699|Greece

Megion wrote:

BF2 isn't campatible with any language but english while installing patches. Spent like 2 days for research.. a'right

Press Start - (in the right column you must see 'My documents' icon) - Right click on 'My documents' - properties - What you need is direct under 'accommodation of a final folder' (smth like that, have Rus version of XP). Path to your documents must be all in english, change it to, for example  C:\Documents and Settings\User\My documents (inc your username) and don't forget to copy your Battlefield 2 profile files in it or you won't be able to log into your BF2 account.

Everything must be workin' now, have fun.
YOU ARE NO1 PAL!!!!!!!
I had this problem since 1.03 patch!!!!
But this time,it was.....different. MY NERVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing worked and I was ready for the solution of the fdisk!

Then I read your post!!!!!It started to work. Finally I managed to install SF!

The drinks of Megion on me!!!!!
Jade Falcon
+1|6662|Ayr, Scotland
Okay, sorry for ressurecting an old topic, but it DOES say to search the topics.

Here's my problem.  I just got BF2, I don't have Special Forces, and I've been told that regardless, I can install Patch 1.12.  Although if I later get SF I will have to reinstall.  Fair enough.

I've tried patching this god knows how many times.  Each time it screws up the game, necessitating an uninstall which I do with the eraser tool.

Eventually I was advised of the manual install option.

I followed the instructions on this web site

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … _topview=1

However, when I reached Step 15, it came up with the message

Could not find Patch file
Enter a new name or directory for the patch file or
Press Enter to quit

I can play it on Version 1.0, but its a bit laggy and I can't get any ranked servers.

I'd appreciate any help.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6837|Grapevine, TX

Jade Falcon wrote:

Okay, sorry for ressurecting an old topic, but it DOES say to search the topics.

Here's my problem.  I just got BF2, I don't have Special Forces, and I've been told that regardless, I can install Patch 1.12.  Although if I later get SF I will have to reinstall.  Fair enough.

I've tried patching this god knows how many times.  Each time it screws up the game, necessitating an uninstall which I do with the eraser tool.

Eventually I was advised of the manual install option.

I followed the instructions on this web site

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … _topview=1

However, when I reached Step 15, it came up with the message

Could not find Patch file
Enter a new name or directory for the patch file or
Press Enter to quit

I can play it on Version 1.0, but its a bit laggy and I can't get any ranked servers.

I'd appreciate any help.
I just reinstalled my buddies BF2, after three tries, what a pain in the A$%!  I just kept SEARCHING the posts until I found the solution I was looking for ....http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=5636
It will work, good luck!
Jade Falcon
+1|6662|Ayr, Scotland
Will it?

Whenever I tried the patching the normal way using the installer I always got the "Patching Failed" error message after an RTPatch Executable error.
Zeibach
110% NOOBTUBE
+11|6731|Germany
The patch log is searching the location of the patch file! Give the programm the directory.

OR try this:
Copy all patches into one directory, like "own documents", reinstall bf2 with "windows software" and delete the EA/ BF2 directory. Then install it, patch then 1.02,1.03,(do you have SF now or not? If YES install SF; If NO next step), and finally 1.12.

Second step: Patch log could be damaged download 1.12 /(again) from here ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/

If this doesn't work, try to describe the problem clearly.
Like patch log crashed, Windows or Linux make trouble or something else.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6837|Grapevine, TX
OK this it what I did on my buddies PC, just before the Super Bowl XL started. (He hasn't played in 3 months because of this problem)

1. Uninstall BF2. Delete ALL PROFILES! Go into My Documents and make sure all Battlefield files are deleted from your machine.
2. Run Disk Cleanup
3. Run Disk Defrag
4. Reinstall BF2
5. Run Patch

EDIT: You don't need any other patch, only 1.12!  That should get you on the Battlefield  until next Tuesday, when the next patch 1.2 is delevered to us! LOL

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2006-02-07 11:32:09)

Jade Falcon
+1|6662|Ayr, Scotland
I could try that, but the thing is, this is basically what I spent most of yesterday doing.  I ran about three reinstalls.

If the manual patching would work, that would be great, but I don't know what the hell it wants at the command prompt.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6837|Grapevine, TX

Jade Falcon wrote:

I could try that, but the thing is, this is basically what I spent most of yesterday doing.  I ran about three re-installs.

If the manual patching would work, that would be great, but I don't know what the hell it wants at the command prompt.
I understand your pain and frustration! I tried on two different weekends to fix the game on his PC. That lat time I followed those steps, it worked. Just don't give up!

See you on the Battlefield!
Jade Falcon
+1|6662|Ayr, Scotland
If theres a new patch just due on the horizon, then I'll maybe just wait a wee while and get in some practice.

Gah, even BF1942 and BF:V wasn't this bad.
Jade Falcon
+1|6662|Ayr, Scotland
I finally got the patch installed manually, but now it crashes to desktop.

This is just too much.
MooseRyder
+37|6663|Montréal, Canada
The Way i fixed the problem was,

1. Install Battlefield2
2. Install the 1.12 patch update
3. Install Special Forces
4. Install again 1.12 patch update

Now it works all fine and good.

what i thing is the problem, is when u patch battlefield2 then install the expansions over, the expansion dont see the patch so u need to install it again. And if u installed the expansion before patching BF2, BF2 wont see the patch so u still gonna have a problem, i patched them seperatly and it worked.

Last edited by MooseRyder (2006-02-07 21:45:36)

Jade Falcon
+1|6662|Ayr, Scotland

MooseRyder wrote:

The Way i fixed the problem was,

1. Install Battlefield2
2. Install the 1.12 patch update
3. Install Special Forces
4. Install again 1.12 patch update

Now it works all fine and good.

what i thing is the problem, is when u patch battlefield2 then install the expansions over, the expansion dont see the patch so u need to install it again. And if u installed the expansion before patching BF2, BF2 wont see the patch so u still gonna have a problem, i patched them seperatly and it worked.
That's all fine MooseRyder, and I realise you're trying to help, thanks very much, but I don't even have Special Forces.

I'm seriously considering whether to just download Patch 1.03 and I might get some ranked servers there.
Jade Falcon
+1|6662|Ayr, Scotland
It finally works!!!

I installed from a seperate user account and patched using the installer.

At last.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard