elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6779|Texas
Anybody else get a patching failed message when trying to update to the new patch or install Special Forces?  I've done everything I could, I even called up EA tech support and listened to them for an hour trying to install in safe mode and going as far as deleting everything Battlefield 2 manually including the shit in my regedit.  Still no luck.  This is severely pissing me off that I can't play this.  Please, anyone have advice?!!!

Last edited by elbowdeeplove (2005-11-22 18:02:50)

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6818
You're not suppost to install 1.12 until you install the expansion first.
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6779|Texas
I know.  I can't do either.
WormGuts
+17|6792|Dayton, Ohio
i'm having the same problems as you elbowdeep.  i've been down for a week+ thus far.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6818
Does the message come up after patching has begun? Or does it come up immediately after the installer is started? And do you have the downloaded version or harcopy?

Also, which drives do you have the normal BF2 installed on?

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-11-22 18:27:26)

elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6779|Texas
Yeah it comes up after it starts patching and I have the hardcopy.  Its installed on my C drive.
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6819
I got that message too -put the cd in my other drive and then it worked
sorry - that is all I got
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6772|NRW,Germany
I had the same problem. I tried t update from 1.03 to 1.12 and after I started the patch I got a failure message. I reinstalled BF2 and tried to patch from 1.0 and the same message appeared. I was stubborn and tried to run the patch again and suddenly it worked.
frankie4fingers08-2
+0|6752
so am i reading this correctly?  We need to buy bf2:sf and then download and install the new patch?  or can we just install the new patch and play?

just not sure thanks...
Anima05
+1|6758
it doesnt matter what order you install them
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6846|-

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

It doesn't matter if you install it before or after SF, other than you will have to install it again after you install SF. Everyone needs patch 1.12 whether they have SF or not.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6836|A Small Isle in the Tropics

With the CD/DVD copies, the minute you install it patches BF2 first, and then it installs BF2:SF (which contains version 1.1 or earlier) and then you need to patch it up to 1.12 again. This probably the reason why you need to patch it twice.

I know as the DVD copy I bought was version 1.1 and not 1.12. With version 1.1 (it said so on the screen), I could neither play regular BF2 1.03 or SF. So much for getting it on the shelves earlier than the rest of the world.

Where is the reset button at EA HQ, damnit!

Last edited by mikeshw (2005-11-22 20:45:00)

RGB|Apocalypse
+1|6759
WTF... I can't patch either. Seems like its MANDATORY to have at least 3GB on C drive. 'Nice' piece of coding EA/Dice... Are they stupid? Or they would lament that its the user's fault for not having a zillion Megs of free space? Having they ever heard of people using C as their PURE OS partition?!

I seriously dunno how you guys can sing so much praise for such sloppy coding/programming practices..
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6779|Texas

Tigg@lot wrote:

I had the same problem. I tried t update from 1.03 to 1.12 and after I started the patch I got a failure message. I reinstalled BF2 and tried to patch from 1.0 and the same message appeared. I was stubborn and tried to run the patch again and suddenly it worked.
Man, if I wasn't so impatient...

It's finally installing!
Droop.DK
+0|6728
I get the same god damn error "Patching Failed" I got the same at ALL the patches I've tried to install, I got 1.03 working by installing the manual patch... I really REALLY hate these patches... I hope they'll release a manual patch very soon...
WormGuts
+17|6792|Dayton, Ohio

Droop.DK wrote:

I get the same god damn error "Patching Failed" I got the same at ALL the patches I've tried to install, I got 1.03 working by installing the manual patch... I really REALLY hate these patches... I hope they'll release a manual patch very soon...
Manual patching?  tell me more.  i can't get the 1.03 patch to work.  (and no i don't have BF2:SF)
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6818

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

It doesn't matter if you install it before or after SF, other than you will have to install it again after you install SF. Everyone needs patch 1.12 whether they have SF or not.
I know that. But if they have special forces there's no point in installing it before they install the expansion because they'll just be wasting their time. Do you get what I meant?
Droop.DK
+0|6728

WormGuts wrote:

Droop.DK wrote:

Manual patching?  tell me more.  i can't get the 1.03 patch to work.  (and no i don't have BF2:SF)
Well there a manual patch for 1.03, but I can't find a link, you should try googling it :S
savu
+0|6810
can some1 help me with install prob.? im stuck cos in the beginning of install of BF:SF it starts to patch it to 1.1 and i get always "patching failed"(others i installed manually but this is nasty cos cant install the game!!). i have BF2 in C drive and all should be ok, so i think i dont get this working by my own so all hints and tips is welcome!!THX!!
WormGuts
+17|6792|Dayton, Ohio
please!!! where can the manual install for the v1.03 patch be found i've looked and looked.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6774|UK
Where the fuck did everyone get the file from? I have a 2MB connection and every site I try and get the patch form is giving me 6kb/s download speed I realise this is because everyones trying to download it at once but did everyone really have to wait 4 to 8 hours for the file? and wtf is it with EA releasing 280MB patches! fucking retarded if you ask me.
Far
+22|6729|USA

Milk.org wrote:

Where the fuck did everyone get the file from?
I got it at FilePlanet. Didn't take long. 20 minutes? 30 tops.
Droop.DK
+0|6728

Milk.org wrote:

Where the fuck did everyone get the file from? I have a 2MB connection and every site I try and get the patch form is giving me 6kb/s download speed I realise this is because everyones trying to download it at once but did everyone really have to wait 4 to 8 hours for the file? and wtf is it with EA releasing 280MB patches! fucking retarded if you ask me.
I got mine from gamershell.com, at 1000-2000 kb/sec :S But It wasn't working, none of them are! (On my computer)
Tempelridderen
+0|6731
ok, i have just bought SF and when i'm trying to install it I get: patching failed.. What am i supposed to do now?? Do I have to have the 1.12 patch, or does it come with the game?
Jetfighter_NL
+0|6739|Delft,Netherlands
This is really SHIT!
I get the 1.02 patch from gamespot

Last edited by Jetfighter_NL (2005-11-24 06:13:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard