Poll

What would you like to play this weekend?

SF Night Maps24%24% - 14
Vanilla sunny maps21%21% - 12
Vanilla sunny maps - mostly jet free8%8% - 5
Vanilla IO19%19% - 11
Sf Io10%10% - 6
Songhua - Zatar12%12% - 7
Gulf of Oman3%3% - 2
Total: 57
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
Sunny maps are: Dragon Valley, FuShe Pass, Dalian Plant, Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula and Mashtuur City.

Mostly jet free would be the same rotation but with the 32 player version sized maps of Dragon and FuShe. Dalian Plant would be 16 player version. If you haven't played 16 player Dalian with a lot of players, you are missing out on lots of fun.

Songhua/Zatar rotation could either be both maps rotating, or just one of the maps.

Gulf of Oman would run with one other map mixed in for filler. My vote goes for FuShe 32.

Make your voice heard and tell us what you'd like to play.
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
Also, feel free to speak up about something you'd like that's not on the poll.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6654|Washington DC

cablecopulate wrote:

Songhua/Zatar rotation could either be both maps rotating, or just one of the maps.
Songhua is one of those maps that I would really like to play more ... but Zatar?  IMO, it is the worst map of Battlefield 2.
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
Armor convoy!
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6756|Chicago.
IO, but you guys know me. I'm a ground pounder to the bone.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6596|Your attic
Not that I play on the server all that much, but I voted for Vanilla IO, mainly as I've done enough vehicle whoring for a long time.

That and 5 of the best rounds I've played on that server have been with a full kick ass squad on IO, you get more teamwork with infantry normally, and with people that you can feel free to shout at it's even better.
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
Towelly, we had that awesome squad last weekend on IO and we still lost because the rest of the team didn't do their part. I hate when that happens.
MDFSpacePhantom
It is I
+146|6389|San Jose CA.
SF Night Maps sound good I need some time on them.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6547|Winterpeg, Canada
Vanilla small maps, or Songhua - Zatar, i'm also a ground pounder, tell me what time and i'll be there for sure.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6485|Somewhere else

Full rotation SF?
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6826|Delaware
SNG should be 1.12
spectraman
+27|6778
SF night maps for gods sake!
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.

Jbrar wrote:

Vanilla small maps, or Songhua - Zatar, i'm also a ground pounder, tell me what time and i'll be there for sure.
Basically from 12:00pm Saturday (-5gmt) to whenever the server dies out Sunday night.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6703

Vanilla IO.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6596|Your attic

spectraman wrote:

Only problem with that is that despite the fact that a fair few people on here like them, it is incredibly hard to get them running as many others don't like them as much.

Even when TA put one of their servers (which are normally constantly full) to night maps it didn't work. Couple this with the fact that people can't be on all the time you end up with a 42 man server, running 64 player maps, but with only 20 or so people on (I realise it has ~30 atm) when it actually starts up.

Where as if you run IO city maps you get a server running with near enough 40 people on and more teamwork than you'll get anywhere else outside clans it just makes the server much more worth while.

I'd suggest running this map rotation if you decide to go with IO, though this is only a suggestion

Karkand 64/32 (don't moan, if the server gets restarted this is the best map for it to restart on)
Mash 32
Plant 16 (awesome map for IO, honestly)
Sharqui 64 (64 gives the most scope)
Valley 16
Karkand 32/64 (if the first Kark is 64 make this 32)
Oman 16
Mash 32
Jalalabad 16 (the 16 is much better, again believe me)
Plant 16

Repeat

I could give you detailed reasons as to why that rotation would work, but I think you can see.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6703

Towelly wrote:

spectraman wrote:

Only problem with that is that despite the fact that a fair few people on here like them, it is incredibly hard to get them running as many others don't like them as much.

Even when TA put one of their servers (which are normally constantly full) to night maps it didn't work. Couple this with the fact that people can't be on all the time you end up with a 42 man server, running 64 player maps, but with only 20 or so people on (I realise it has ~30 atm) when it actually starts up.

Where as if you run IO city maps you get a server running with near enough 40 people on and more teamwork than you'll get anywhere else outside clans it just makes the server much more worth while.

I'd suggest running this map rotation if you decide to go with IO, though this is only a suggestion

Karkand 64/32 (don't moan, if the server gets restarted this is the best map for it to restart on)
Mash 32
Plant 16 (awesome map for IO, honestly)
Sharqui 64 (64 gives the most scope)
Valley 16
Karkand 32/64 (if the first Kark is 64 make this 32)
Oman 16
Mash 32
Jalalabad 16 (the 16 is much better, again believe me)
Plant 16

Repeat

I could give you detailed reasons as to why that rotation would work, but I think you can see.
u r the smarts.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6698
songhua and zatar.
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6450|EE Chat
What about road to jalalabad
Brasso
+1,549|6635

SF Night maps!  I never play them, it would interesting to try it out.  I'm sure Kmal would agree too, count one more in Night maps until he posts.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.

Reddhedd wrote:

What about road to jalalabad
What about it?
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6654|Washington DC

SysTray wrote:

SNG should be 1.12
Wow ... that would be a lot of fun, but we can't do that on our server, even unranked ....
Des.Kmal
+917|6623|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
night maps = pwnage.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
So just to add fuel to the fire, if Night Maps does indeed win, do you want it IO or no?
SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6392|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Well for me it's gotta be Vanilla IO, not only because it fills and keeps the server the most full, but I enjoy it most when playing with a squad. Close second and third were Vanilla day maps, and SF IO.
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
...and the winner is: SPECIAL FORCES NIGHT MAPS!

If the server dies down on Sunday, I suggest we go to Vanilla IO. But if Night Maps is populated at the times that matter, it'll stay up.

Kmal, you better fucking be there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard